PDA

View Full Version : So this is how it starts

Gunfighter.45
12-27-12, 19:11
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/27/16178236-guns-flood-into-police-buyback-programs-though-critics-have-doubts-about-the-idea?lite=

So this is how they start collecting guns at first..and then they start knocking on doors..or better yet knocking down doors. How can law enforcement even support this bullshit?!! It's just getting better and better. WTF!!!

Clint
12-27-12, 19:56
Don't worry.

There's a big difference between offering to buy some idiot's junk and kicking in doors.

HackerF15E
12-27-12, 20:13
City gun buybacks are nothing new...they're just getting coverage because of the heightened awareness after Newtown.

They're still as ineffective in reducing urban violent crime as they've ever been.

alienb1212
12-27-12, 20:34
I love how the media doesn't even make a lame-ass attempt at disguising their bias anymore.

Such criticism hasn't stopped police departments, which have hosted gun buybacks for years, encouraging residents to turn in their firearms – no questions asked – for cash or gift cards, usually $50 to $250. Some police departments offer a sliding scale, giving more money for semi-automatic firearms, which were used in the ambush on firefighters in Webster, N.Y., last week, the Newtown shootings two weeks ago, at the Sikh temple attack in Oak Creek, Wis., in August and in the theater shooting in Aurora, Colo., in July.

Oh those evil self-loading rifles.

SkiDevil
12-27-12, 20:36
Complete waste of time. Most of the guns turned-in are complete junk. I think they are seeing a large crowd principally because some folks are broke and really need the money.

The mayor of LA is a complete idiot, he can barely speak in complete sentences without stumbling through to complete a thoughtful or intelligible statement.

Denali
12-27-12, 20:43
Don't worry.

There's a big difference between offering to buy some idiot's junk and kicking in doors.

"Uhh" I'd be worried...

bondmid003
12-27-12, 21:18
Complete waste of time. Most of the guns turned-in are complete junk. I think they are seeing a large crowd principally because some folks are broke and really need the money.

The mayor of LA is a complete idiot, he can barely speak in complete sentences without stumbling through to complete a thoughtful or intelligible statement.

Lots of junk and just a podium for liberals to spout their agenda

feedramp
12-27-12, 21:28
Hey maybe if we let them feel good and circle jerk over a bunch of old rusted crap turned in, they'll leave us alone.

I know, wishful thinking.

Heartland Hawk
12-28-12, 09:40
I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the weapons turned in are stolen, or ancient, or both. So some gangbangers are turning in ONE of their stolen weapons. Big deal.

ForTehNguyen
12-28-12, 10:59
the punchline is they said they would not run serials to see if they were stolen or used in a crime. Sounds like a great way to get rid of an illegal gun, and you get $100/200 for it!

Striker
12-28-12, 11:57
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/27/16178236-guns-flood-into-police-buyback-programs-though-critics-have-doubts-about-the-idea?lite=

So this is how they start collecting guns at first..and then they start knocking on doors..or better yet knocking down doors. How can law enforcement even support this bullshit?!! It's just getting better and better. WTF!!!

This is really nothing new. LAPD does this periodically. Some of the guns function, some don't.

Politicians are always going to jump on the bandwagon if they think it will earn them re-election points down the line. That's not new either.

Not everything is a new assault on 2A. Some things have been happening for years and just didn't get national media attention because there was no gain in covering it or politicizing it.

Watrdawg
12-28-12, 15:15
I wouldnt doubt that photo was staged. I saw a coouple of Uzi's and at leat 3 AR's. Whose going to turn in weapons like that for a couple of hundred dollars? Pic doesn't seem right.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-28-12, 15:19
Ive got two old FIE revolvers I'd like to turn in at a gun buy back. I need some money to buy another AR15....

SteyrAUG
12-28-12, 16:29
the punchline is they said they would not run serials to see if they were stolen or used in a crime. Sounds like a great way to get rid of an illegal gun, and you get $100/200 for it!

Not to mention the victim of the crime if any are stolen gets robbed one last time by those who swore to serve him.

Moose-Knuckle
12-28-12, 20:12
I wouldnt doubt that photo was staged. I saw a coouple of Uzi's and at leat 3 AR's. Whose going to turn in weapons like that for a couple of hundred dollars? Pic doesn't seem right.

As I said in the other thread, it’s awfully damn convenient that there is always trash cans full of rusted pawn shop fair then a table full of pristine Tec-9s, MAC-10s, and Uzis. The last time I can remember seeing any “assault pistols” in any quantity was back in the early nineties. And now we're seeing M136 tubes . . . mmkay. :no:

oef24
12-28-12, 22:05
And where do these guns end up? They don't collect dust in a police station.

O

theblackknight
12-28-12, 22:35
"Uhh" I'd be worried...

I here those dam Marxists can really kick some doors.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

sinlessorrow
12-29-12, 01:09
City gun buybacks are nothing new...they're just getting coverage because of the heightened awareness after Newtown.

They're still as ineffective in reducing urban violent crime as they've ever been.

Yep, these have been going on for a long time. It's nothing new.

Wake27
12-29-12, 04:13
Those people are the definition of sheep. One dude was giving away his shotgun because he didn't want it to get stolen with all of the break-ins occurring in his neighborhood? Are you ****ing kidding me? He deserves to get robbed. And all of the parents who don't want there screwed up children getting them? Well if they can't properly secure their weapons, I'm glad they're getting rid of them. An idiot with a gun is never good.