PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Hypocrites

Cagemonkey
12-27-12, 19:23
Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1SZurGArxE&feature=youtu.be

Whiskey_Bravo
12-27-12, 19:25
That seems to be a link to the hotmail sign-in page

Cagemonkey
12-27-12, 19:30
That seems to be a link to the hotmail sign-in pageJust edited it. My bad.

Clint
12-27-12, 19:43
That is awesome.

Voodoochild
12-27-12, 19:55
How many times did they mention that every shooter was mentally disturbed?

Answer: Not once. Go figure.

Cagemonkey
12-27-12, 20:04

Answer: Not once. Go figure.Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Voodoochild
12-27-12, 22:21
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

That's the punch line of every ****ing hit piece the media puts out. ****ing hypocrites indeed.

ccosby
12-27-12, 23:18

Answer: Not once. Go figure.

Yea really.

ICANHITHIMMAN
12-27-12, 23:37
cool i shared it

Biggy
12-28-12, 00:03
If you break it all down, its all about $, it always has been.

Moose-Knuckle
12-28-12, 02:09
Outstanding video! I hope Matt Parker and Trey Stone get a hold of this.

Heartland Hawk
12-28-12, 07:41
That is great! Share this with everyone you know.

WillBrink
12-28-12, 08:01
Wow. Dude put a lot of work into that. A classic.

Q: how many of those celebrities had security to and from making their vid? :rolleyes:

ryr8828
12-28-12, 08:10
Maker of video-Mike Hunt.

That cracks my ass up!

Caeser25
12-28-12, 08:18
I'll start. I'll never watch another movie for every actor in that psa. Not if its free on tv. I'll use any DVDs I have they were in for target practice. Damn shame, in living color was the shit and I planned on finishing the collection.

mhanna91
12-28-12, 08:39
It's a shame that the uploader of this video included the foul language. I am not offended by such, but I choose not to use those words and many people I know are the same way. I was about to share this on Facebook in order to give it a larger audience, but when I saw the ending I decided not to. That sort of language in videos and on forums also makes our pro-gun argument much less...appealing. Not a bash on 1A...I just don't beleive you need those words to say what you mean. And if it turns even one person away from a cause (or deters them from sharing relevant information because it is littered with obscenities), I'd say its a waste.

Jaysop
12-28-12, 15:37
Did nobody else realize that a lot of those cut scenes were of the actors getting shot?

Thats not a very good example of them glorifying guns, just the opposite to the average viewer.

Also Jenifer Garner aiming at a child? Come on! She didn't shoot the kid in the movie or even threaten her.

I like the concept, but some of that was stupid.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-28-12, 16:13
Did nobody else realize that a lot of those cut scenes were of the actors getting shot?

Thats not a very good example of them glorifying guns, just the opposite to the average viewer.

Also Jenifer Garner aiming at a child? Come on! She didn't shoot the kid in the movie or even threaten her.

I like the concept, but some of that was stupid.

I think it's more of a "glorifying gun violence/usage by portraying gun violence on the silver screen" type of thing. If you demand a plan, if you demand that guns be abolished, then stop making money off of portrayed gun violence.

Jaysop
12-28-12, 16:16
I think it's more of a "glorifying gun violence/usage by portraying gun violence on the silver screen" type of thing. If you demand a plan, if you demand that guns be abolished, then stop making money off of portrayed gun violence.

I like the concept. It just looks like they're victims speaking out. I know that stupid but there are better clips the show I guess.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-28-12, 16:19
I like the concept. It just looks like they're victims speaking out. I know that stupid but there are better clips the show I guess.

Agreed.

SteyrAUG
12-28-12, 16:41
It's a shame that the uploader of this video included the foul language. I am not offended by such, but I choose not to use those words and many people I know are the same way. I was about to share this on Facebook in order to give it a larger audience, but when I saw the ending I decided not to. That sort of language in videos and on forums also makes our pro-gun argument much less...appealing. Not a bash on 1A...I just don't beleive you need those words to say what you mean. And if it turns even one person away from a cause (or deters them from sharing relevant information because it is littered with obscenities), I'd say its a waste.

And while it won't appeal to you and many others, it will appeal to others who wouldn't have cared for it otherwise. Keep in mind you and I are NOT the target audience for this message. We already know how we feel about the celebrities in the video. The target audience is much younger and prone to worship these idiots.

Strong opinions sometimes contain strong words. I think in this case we need to get over it.

3 AE
12-28-12, 19:06
And if it turns even one person away from a cause (or deters them from sharing relevant information because it is littered with obscenities), I'd say its a waste.

I remember seeing something very similar to that last sentence. Except it was paraphrased as such, "If it saves even one life by passing stricter gun control/gun banning laws, then it's worth it." Hmmm.....

Brimstone
12-28-12, 19:21
Great concept video. It does a great job of illustrating the hypocrisy.

Mike Hunt...:lol:

Belmont31R
12-28-12, 21:34
They have a perception of elitism which makes them view themselves as having an extraordinary need for protection regular people don't, and thus when they hire armed security for themselves that is ok but for you or me it's not.

Kinda how like in the last legislative session in the TX state government those ****ers voted themselves carry right's no one else in TX has...yet didn't vote in recognizing the same right's for the masses. Bunch of elitist pricks. :rolleyes:

Brimstone
12-28-12, 21:47
Here is the link to the original video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64G5FfG2Xpg&feature=youtu.be

Please go to the video and give it a thumbs down or dislike.

As I am posting this it has 39,137 likes and 26,317 dislikes. Considering that this is going viral among the anti-gun community, the closeness of those numbers is amazing.

:big_boss:

NC_DAVE
12-28-12, 21:50
They have a perception of elitism which makes them view themselves as having an extraordinary need for protection regular people don't, and thus when they hire armed security for themselves that is ok but for you or me it's not.

I agree with that but I think alot of those twatwaffles are out of touch with reality. Many anit-gun advocates live in low crime areas or behind gates that LEO can only access with sirens. They don't see a need for guns because they don't have to go to the same areas we do to shop or complete other daily tasks. Hell if more criminals would get the death penalty I may not carry a gun everywhere. But like you said they are elities.

SHIVAN
12-28-12, 21:51
....but some of that was stupid.

It was as stupid as people who use gun violence to make their living, and then decry the gun violence they are glorifying at every turn.

Belloc
12-29-12, 02:51
Edit.

Reagans Rascals
12-29-12, 03:33
This message brought to you by by Barack Obama and supported by the "Guns In Movies Are Acceptable, Using them for Self-Defense Is Not" Coalition.

Scoby
12-29-12, 06:25
I like the video.

I agree though, the language at the end will be offensive to a lot of the people we are trying to convince that these "celebrities" are hypocrites, out of touch with reality and that our 2A rights need to be protected.

WillBrink
12-29-12, 08:06
Here is the link to the original video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64G5FfG2Xpg&feature=youtu.be

Please go to the video and give it a thumbs down or dislike.

As I am posting this it has 39,137 likes and 26,317 dislikes. Considering that this is going viral among the anti-gun community, the closeness of those numbers is amazing.

:big_boss:

Done.

" Comments are disabled for this video."

Typical and expected.