PDA

View Full Version : The SKS rifle and pending legislation

Slater
12-27-12, 19:40
Would a factory stock SKS qualify as an "assault weapon" under Feinstein's proposed legislation?

Heidevolk
12-27-12, 19:42
Yes. 1 or more "assault" features.

USMC8531RET
12-27-12, 20:27
It doesn't matter. Nothing in her bill will pass the house.

Jaws
12-27-12, 21:21

This time they are going full retard with this. They'll push it with all their power. If you underestimate their determination you'll end up like us, here up north. :(
The whole thing is moving so fast and I would be surprised if they are not negociating with the republicans some sort of deal with the fiscal cliff legislation. They'll push it in imediatlely after hollydays, before the oposition can organize and before you know it, you have the ban in effect.
NRA has been really weak so far. It doesn't look good. :(
They have a list of 130 firearms they will ban outright, by name. This is a very dangerous thing. They can just add things to the list as they come out. They do that up here in Canada. The SCAR was in RCMP hands for aproval for three years. They couldn't make it go full auuto, but two months ago they still made it prohibited. :mad:
This will kill half the industry if it becomes law. You may be able to keep what you have, if you register it, but they will force most of this companies that make semiautos to stop production.

Alaskapopo
12-27-12, 21:23
This time they are going full retard with this. They'll push it with all their power. If you underestimate their determination you'll end up like us, here up north. :(
The whole thing is moving so fast and I would be surprised if they are not negociating with the republicans some sort of deal with the fiscal cliff legislation. They'll push it in imediatlely after hollydays, before the oposition can organize and before you know it, you have the ban in effect.
NRA has been really weak so far. It doesn't look good. :(
They have a list of 130 firearms they will ban outright, by name. This is a very dangerous thing. They can just add things to the list as they come out. They do that up here in Canada. The SCAR was in RCMP hands for aproval for three years. They couldn't make it go full auuto, but two months ago they still made it prohibited. :mad:
This will kill half the industry if it becomes law. You may be able to keep what you have, if you register it, but they will force most of this companies that make semiautos to stop production.

They will push but their power in the house is not enough.
Pat

Jaws
12-27-12, 21:25
Apeal to the moderators. Please don't move this thread to the general discusion. Not everyone has 200 posts to be able to post comments there. :(

Jaws
12-27-12, 21:28
They will push but their power in the house is not enough.
Pat

They can bargain with the fiscal cliff thingy and get republicans on board. If it doesn't fly, Obama will still try to push it with Executive Order.
I think the only thing that will stop this madness, would be mass protests and very strong declarations of defiance.
From what I've seen so far, in all his decisions, Obama will back away if he sees strong resistance.

Alaskapopo
12-27-12, 21:33
They can bargain with the fiscal cliff thingy and get republicans on board. If it doesn't fly, Obama will still try to push it with Executive Order.
I think the only thing that will stop this madness, would be mass protests and very strong declarations of defiance.
From what I've seen so far, in all his decisions, Obama will back away if he sees strong resistance.

This has been covered in several threads. But they would be stupid to bargain away the gun rights of the 99% in exchange for letting the 1% keep there lower tax rates. Lots more voters in the 99%. As with the executive order it has limits he can not just make new law. The USA is not a dictatorship.
Pat

Jaws
12-27-12, 21:44
This has been covered in several threads. But they would be stupid to bargain away the gun rights of the 99% in exchange for letting the 1% keep there lower tax rates. Lots more voters in the 99%. As with the executive order it has limits he can not just make new law. The USA is not a dictatorship.
Pat

It all depends who the republicans want to stand for. They'll have to chose between firearm companies or banks and large multinational enterprises.

I hope you can stop them. A ban in US will make our life up here very hard, with hard to find parts, rifles and ammunition. It's already a pain importing anything from US. :(

Moose-Knuckle
12-28-12, 02:24
The same people who say the anti's won't push through a ban are the same ones that said Obamacare would not become law and that Barry would not get re-elected . . .

Alaskapopo
12-28-12, 02:39
The same people who say the anti's won't push through a ban are the same ones that said Obamacare would not become law and that Barry would not get re-elected . . .

Well the reason health care got reformed is the system was majorly broken and the rates were going up at a rate 3 times that of inflation. Something needed to change. We can debate that another day. But yes I saw that passing as most of the nation supported health care reform. And the plan was a republican one in the begining. As for Obama getting re-elected I thought it would be a tight race and it was. Now with the gun issue we have a lot of things in our favor. To pass gun laws they need a filibuster proof majority in both houses and they don't even have a simple majority. So while things are not good its an up hill battle for antigunners. A lot of people are throwing in the towl way too early.
Pat

Moose-Knuckle
12-28-12, 02:44
A lot of people are throwing in the towl way too early.
Pat

Ain't no one throw'n in the towel friend, we just see the writing on the wall and are planning accordingly. ;)

Dirknar
12-28-12, 11:30
Ain't no one throw'n in the towel friend, we just see the writing on the wall and are planning accordingly. ;)

I wish i had the money to plan accordingly.. I'm am very thankful for what i have though. I was able to get a very nice bcm/noveske/aimpoint rifle together a few months ago. I have one spare lower for future and roughly 25 mags.

I NEED ammo bad!!!

wild_wild_wes
12-28-12, 17:58
Would a factory stock SKS qualify as an "assault weapon" under Feinstein's proposed legislation?

I hope it does.

Damn, I want to get in on this price-gouging bandwagon! $50 p-mags! $1,200 Mini14! unobtanium AR Bolt Carrier Groups!

I plan to price my "exotic, foreign assault rifle" SKS at $1,500.

Jaws
12-28-12, 18:34
Up here the SKS is non restricted, but the mag has to be limited to 5 rounds. :(

WickedWillis
12-28-12, 18:39
I hope it does.

Damn, I want to get in on this price-gouging bandwagon! $50 p-mags! $1,200 Mini14! unobtanium AR Bolt Carrier Groups!

That made my stomach hurt i laughed so hard! Unfortunately, I am one of the few who are trying to buy a new AR before the ban so I have ONE. Its Brutal out here.

philcam
12-28-12, 18:47
Pat, I hope you're right.

SurplusShooter
12-28-12, 18:48
Also, M1 Carbines are supposedly on "the list" alongside the SkS, in her bill.

philcam
12-28-12, 18:59
Where did you find "the list?" I've only seen she mentions banning 170 specific firearms.

I wonder if the garand is on the list also?

HackerF15E
12-28-12, 20:29
Where did you find "the list?" I've only seen she mentions banning 170 specific firearms.

I wonder if the garand is on the list also?

Garand isn't on there -- non-removable mag and capacity under 10 rds.

SurplusShooter
12-28-12, 23:01

Haven't seen any list but the NRA article says the M1 Carbine is on it by-name. I wonder how the NRA got to see The List when the rest of us cannot ?

maddawg5777
12-30-12, 04:49
Seeing as the sks has to be stripped of "evil baby killing features" to be sold in feintroll's state you can guarantee it will be on the list.

On a side rant, this bitch needs to quit taking formaldehyde baths so she can just die, anytime now.:D

twistedcomrade
12-31-12, 10:00
Chill people. What do the politicians always say about illegal immigration? "You can't deport 12 million people". The same applies to gun owners. The government is not going to be able to make 80 million gun owners register their firearms. Hell, they would be back logged for a year if just one percent of the firearms were registered. Not to mention that I would expect to see some governors pushing back hard on this issue. I know the illegal immigrant and gun regestration is kinda apples and oranges, but you get my drift. If all of us would set down and use one quarter of the time we spend on the net in one day and send e-mails to your state and federal reps, that would make a huge showing. Also, send the NRA some money. I have done both things.

bowietx
01-01-13, 09:37
Interestingly I think that the SKS/AK platforms may be more threatened than the AR. If nothing passes the house for the AWB, it appears that an executive order will be enough to stop imports.

zack991
01-07-13, 20:54

I truly hope your right, the house has caved on many hot issue with the senate and obama himself. Also the replys I received from my reps in the house and senate do not make me feel any better.

maddawg5777
01-07-13, 21:00
I truly hope your right, the house has caved on many hot issue with the senate and obama himself. Also the replys I received from my reps in the house and senate do not make me feel any better.

I have too received a few letters that are quite "pre-written" and answer none of my questions or just beat around the bush. Typical BS I come to expect from anyone in government.

zack991
01-07-13, 21:00
I hope it does.

I had 49 AR mags I sold and I was sold out in 6 hours, I had one buyer ask if I was willing to hold them for him. He said he would pay TRIPLE my asking price. Problem was he was 20 mins to late. I am sure I would have sold out in two hours , but I posted my ad at 2 am.

USMC8531RET
01-23-13, 15:56
Feinkenstein's bill is going nowhere fast. It won't get past red state senate Democrats with NRA A grades, Harry Reid may kill it to keep his B grade, and if it does pass the senate it is DOA in the house. Too many rural district Democrats want to keep their jobs.

zack991
01-23-13, 16:00
Well I would not put it past the republicans to compromise again, they compromised on Obama care, the budget, The debit ceiling and gun rights in the past. I wouldn't let my guard down just yet.

IZinterrogator
01-28-13, 11:06
I read the bill on her website. The SKS is on the safe list as long as it is not put into a pistol grip folding stock or using an aftermarket detachable magazine. Same with the M1 carbine. Still writing my state and federal politicians weekly telling them that I am not in support of any more infringement on my 2nd Amendment rights, though.

I wonder how Feinstein would feel if she saw my SKS with bayonet extended, though. :D

zack991
01-28-13, 11:33
I read the bill on her website. The SKS is on the safe list as long as it is not put into a pistol grip folding stock or using an aftermarket detachable magazine. Same with the M1 carbine. Still writing my state and federal politicians weekly telling them that I am not in support of any more infringement on my 2nd Amendment rights, though.

I wonder how Feinstein would feel if she saw my SKS with bayonet extended, though. :D

The bill she submitted to the senate is not the same bill that is on her website. I will find the link when I get home from work, but what she posted on her site is not the same bill she submitted.

brickboy240
01-28-13, 11:53
If you look at the lists on Feinstein's website...the SKS and M-1 Carbine are not on the lists.

...seriously

The SKS does not have a pistol grip, detachable mag and it does not hold more than 10rds.

-brickboy240

IZinterrogator
01-28-13, 23:08
The bill she submitted to the senate is not the same bill that is on her website. I will find the link when I get home from work, but what she posted on her site is not the same bill she submitted.I've been waiting for the real bill to be uploaded onto the Thomas site on the Library of Congress website so I can see the real deal that Congress will see, but no dice so far.

zack991
01-29-13, 03:35
I've been waiting for the real bill to be uploaded onto the Thomas site on the Library of Congress website so I can see the real deal that Congress will see, but no dice so far.

Yea I forgot all about the link last night when I got home I will look for it when I am on break at work but even according to the bill on her site

page 24 line 14 it states ‘‘SKS type rifles with fixed 10 round magazine"
are only exempt with a fixed magazine in place.

brickboy240
01-29-13, 14:52
10rds in an SKS is fine with me.

Seriously...most aftermarket mods do little to make the SKS a better rifle. The hi-cap mags are iffy, the stocks make it unbalanced and the scope mounts are not very strong.

The SKS is best left close to stock, if you ask me. All 3 of my SKSs are bone stock.

-brickboy240

kcara
01-30-13, 07:48
Feinkenstein's bill is going nowhere fast. It won't get past red state senate Democrats with NRA A grades, Harry Reid may kill it to keep his B grade, and if it does pass the senate it is DOA in the house. Too many rural district Democrats want to keep their jobs.

I agree with you. This bill will not have enough votes to pass the house. Harry Reid is afraid of the NRA.

Moose-Knuckle
01-30-13, 15:54
10rds in an SKS is fine with me.

Seriously...most aftermarket mods do little to make the SKS a better rifle. The hi-cap mags are iffy, the stocks make it unbalanced and the scope mounts are not very strong.

The SKS is best left close to stock, if you ask me. All 3 of my SKSs are bone stock.

-brickboy240

While I agree with you on the point of stock Eastern bloc SKS rifles, I do not agree with our .gov putting a limit on how many rounds one can or cannot feed into the rifle.

FoggyBottom
02-05-13, 16:15
I agree with you. This bill will not have enough votes to pass the house. Harry Reid is afraid of the NRA.

Dont underestimate this Admin....they are very clever.

Lets pray no more tragedys prior to vote.....many nut jobs out there looking for their fame... might cause a flip flop for some lawmakers, maybe enough to seal one or more of the 28 Bills on Federal level.

Also State levels are where many of the surprises may come from
just ask anyone in NY, CT or IL.

Keep contacting your Legislators...Federal and State!

Alaskapopo
02-05-13, 16:19
Dont underestimate this Admin....they are very clever.

Lets pray no more tragedys prior to vote.....many nut jobs out there looking for their fame... might cause a flip flop for some lawmakers, maybe enough to seal one or more of the 28 Bills on Federal level.

Also State levels are where many of the surprises may come from
just ask anyone in NY, CT or IL.

Keep contacting your Legislators...Federal and State!

With respect New York, CT and IL are not surprises. They are anti-gun states and always have been. Now if Texas passed an anti gun law it would be a surprise.

ra2bach
02-05-13, 16:46
If you look at the lists on Feinstein's website...the SKS and M-1 Carbine are not on the lists.

...seriously

The SKS does not have a pistol grip, detachable mag and it does not hold more than 10rds.

-brickboy240

what about the M1 garand???

maddawg5777
02-05-13, 17:18
Garands are good to go, they are protected under historical weapons on her list also, regular stock, 8 rounds and no flash hider so it doesn't have many features that are considered evil in Komiefornia in the first place.

IFFV
02-05-13, 17:20
Under Frankenstein weapons ban, everything that looks like a Firearm is Banned.

The SKS is really not an Assault Rifle, except it is used by Foreign Military's.
It has a 10 rd. non-detachable mag. No pistol grip. Post Ban have no bayonets.
Ho, the best part,
she gets to keep her C.C.W. Carry Pistol. How convenient.