PDA

View Full Version : Glock Barrel questions

TylerD
12-29-12, 11:20
My G17 Gen4 was squibbed last week so I am looking for a new barrel. Does anyone know for sure if the Storm Lake barrels fit the Gen4 pistols?

mizer67
12-29-12, 15:03
Jarvis fits, I have one in a G4 G17. Can't speak to SL.

When you say "squibbed", do you mean you sent another round behind the squib and bulged the barrel? If not, why not just knock out the squib and drive on?

TylerD
12-29-12, 15:09
Jarvis fits, I have one in a G4 G17. Can't speak to SL.

When you say "squibbed", do you mean you sent another round behind the squib and bulged the barrel? If not, why not just knock out the squib and drive on?

Well I didn't catch the squib and another round was sent behind it... first time ever so live and learn I guess.

crazymoose
12-29-12, 15:55
Unless you specifically want an aftermarket barrel, you should give Glock a call. They might not give you a new one for free because it was operator error, but they'd probably sell you one much cheaper than you could get other options.

mizer67
12-29-12, 16:03
Well I didn't catch the squib and another round was sent behind it... first time ever so live and learn I guess.

If you want to stay stock, I have a spare G4 G17 barrel I'm not using. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

gan1hck
12-29-12, 16:05
I think I would get another OEM barrel.

Business_Casual
12-29-12, 16:46
Wouldn't hurt for them to check the locking block too.

bc

windigo
12-29-12, 17:25
I would send the gun back to glock so they can give it a look. You can never be too careful. Like the posters above have stated, they may hook you up with a new barrel.

If they don't, kkm and storm lake are nice if you like to shoot lead. Go OEM if you plan to only shoot jacketed.

ST911
12-29-12, 17:31

Bulged? How much? Can you mic it?

Preference for replacement is OEM.

TylerD
12-29-12, 19:21
As soon as this happened the gun locked up. I fired one round and thought it was a failure to fire. Not the case however. Fired a second round behind the squib causing the barrel damage and the round coming from the magazine to jam. I couldn't get the pistol apart so I had a buddy who is a professional shooter take a look at it. He has the pistol so I cant mic the barrel but I trust his word.

I'm considering the aftermarket barrel route because I have to send the ammo back to Remington and have them test it as it was factory ammo. Meanwhile I have contacted glock and they say since it was an ammo issue it is not covered under warranty. All my hopes on a replacement barrel are chanced on Remington finding issues in the remaining 50 rounds left in the 100 round box........ such is my situation.

So I figured since I need a replacement barrel why not put something a bit better in it? This is why I asked if SL worked in the Gen4.

10-76
12-29-12, 20:29
Storm Lake has a great website, check it...

call support and ask.... http://www.storm-lake.com/support

TylerD
12-29-12, 20:33
Storm Lake has a great website, check it...

I have. I can't see where they specify if it fits Gen4.

okie john
12-30-12, 00:54
All my hopes on a replacement barrel are chanced on Remington finding issues in the remaining 50 rounds left in the 100 round box........ such is my situation.

Don't give up hope. I had problems with Remington 303 British ammo many years ago, and they were beyond generous in making things right.

Contact them through their website (click the email link under the address for the corporate headquarters at http://www.remington.com/en/pages/our-company/our-company/company-info.aspx) and tell them what happened. They'll let you know how to file a formal complaint and return the ammo. Then follow their directions to the letter. They have channels for handling things like this, and they consider a lot of things you don't know about when they make their decision: the rounds you have remaining, complaints from other shooters about problems this lot of ammo, issues with other boxes from this lot...etc.

I'd be surprised if they don't cough up at least a new barrel, and they'll probably do it faster than you'd expect.

Okie John

twistedcomrade
12-30-12, 12:05
I would personally stick with Glock for your replacement barrel.