PDA

View Full Version : Colt complete uppers

RWilson
02-25-08, 15:23
I was wondering if anyone has heard of Fidelis Firearms. I was browsing their Colt parts and saw quite a few used and new complete uppers. They also claim to have many more in stock not on the website. I can't buy a complete Colt AR in the Peoples Republic of California so I thought I would try to get a Colt upper. Has anyone dealt with them before? If so how is their customer service? I'm a new poster and a fairly new lurker. I enjoy this site for the information and the fact that the people in the industry will answer questions with respect. I hope to make some new friends in this community.

Ron

scottryan
02-25-08, 15:44
Very good to deal with.

markm
02-25-08, 15:51
I can't look at their website. It's just too much temptation.

tiger seven
02-25-08, 16:30
I can't look at their website. It's just too much temptation.

Yes indeed. Those 11.5" Commando uppers keep calling to me...

On topic, I've never purchased anything from Fidelis but have heard nothing but good things about them. I did call once to ask a few questions and they were very helpful.

Derek

RWilson
02-25-08, 16:56
So far so good. Thanks for the replies.

kingc
02-25-08, 17:15
They take great care in packaging. Usually when you get a Colt complete carbine, the box is all mangled and poked-up. One time when I ordered three carbines from Fidelis, they went to the extra care of putting padding inside the boxes to keep things from protruding during shipment. I would think that care would carry-over to the complete upper you want.

You will have good experiences with Fidelis.

MMcfpd
02-25-08, 17:55
Two Colt uppers purchased from them so far, and if I need another, that's where I'll look first. And yes, they do put some extra TLC into packing them for shipping.

BoyScout4Life
02-25-08, 22:54
I've been wanting to contact them and inquire about a possible trade. Glad to hear good things about them, I've visited their site many times and they have many nice Colt uppers for sale and less expensive than those full-auto dealers...

ErikL
02-26-08, 02:30
Rod is semi local to me, and I have bought 2 uppers from him in the last few years. His prices are fair and he is a straight shooter. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from him.

cheers,

ErikL

PhotomanM4
02-26-08, 08:02
Those 6520 uppers tempt me. Where does he get all these new take-off uppers?

markm
02-26-08, 08:08
Those 6520 uppers tempt me. Where does he get all these new take-off uppers?

Well theres a lot of units taking their specialized uppers over to Iraq and Ghanny.

Some units pop off the "boutique" upper they've trained with and take it with them. There was an example of this on the AZ home town forum a year or so ago.

Just a guess.

MMcfpd
02-26-08, 12:08
So that's where all the Colt lowers go.

RWilson
02-26-08, 16:37
Thanks for all the replies. I will get my order in asap. I appreciate all of your input.

GaryG
09-10-08, 19:34
http://www.fidelisfirearms.com/

Excuse me resurecting a somewhat-dated thread, but I wanted to give a positive "thumbs up" to Fidelis Firearms.

I recently got a 11.5" Colt Commando upper and was 110% satisfied. Like the previous posters noted, it arrived very quickly and in perfect condition - - VERY well packed.

I sort of discovered them by accident, and suggested that they ought to advertise more - - that their business would increase exponentially if folks saw their name a little more on the 'boards.

Anyway, great product, fair price, and outstanding customer service.

Army Chief
09-11-08, 12:56
I almost wonder if they are deliberately keeping things almost on a word-of-mouth basis, since it might be hard to satisfy the demand if they got much wider exposure. That's nothing more than a mere guess on my part, but if these were easy to get, I think you would have more than two or three vendors to turn to.

To the best of my knowledge, only Fidelis and S.A.W. can really get you what you want on a more or less "on demand" basis. Interesting, though, that you'll see the occasional upper, but almost never see an unpaired Colt lower. Not surprising; just interesting.

Chief

brucoop
09-11-08, 20:11
I wanted to join the chorus of those giving Fidelis a thumbs up. The owner, Rod Maurer, is honest and fair, and willing to patiently answer questions over the phone. He and his wife do a great job of running their shop, and I would not hesitate to do business with them.

MarineSniper8541
09-11-08, 20:23
Their web site does not list anything about upper receivers for sale. Anyone got a hidden link or anything? How much are they asking for uppers?

GaryG
09-11-08, 20:38
Their web site does not list anything about upper receivers for sale. Anyone got a hidden link or anything? How much are they asking for uppers?

http://www.fidelisfirearms.com/colt.htm

They are in the Colt Parts subdirectory. If you see something you want, shoot them an e-mail - - they might have it even though it isn't showing on their web site. (that's how I got my 11.5" Commando upper; it isn't shown on the web site, but they had it).

MarineSniper8541
09-11-08, 21:04
Well, there is my problem. I Googled it wrong. I googled Fidelis arms and got this web site

http://fidelisarms.com

duh...

OldNavyGuy
09-13-08, 09:02
i was looking at the P-H bipods, $300.00....., is someone out of their mind ?? how do they attach ? i saw no Picitiny/1913 dovetail mounting devices.

Mongo001
09-13-08, 12:50
Slightly off topic, but has anyone ever purchased Colt uppers from http://www.policesupplyinc.com/prod05.htm?

COLT
09-13-08, 23:44
I was wondering if anyone has heard of Fidelis Firearms. I was browsing their Colt parts and saw quite a few used and new complete uppers. They also claim to have many more in stock not on the website. I can't buy a complete Colt AR in the Peoples Republic of California so I thought I would try to get a Colt upper. Has anyone dealt with them before? If so how is their customer service? I'm a new poster and a fairly new lurker. I enjoy this site for the information and the fact that the people in the industry will answer questions with respect. I hope to make some new friends in this community.

Ron

The COLT CAR-A3 HBAR ELITE (cr6724)is still legal in california with a bullet button.

THE LIST OF LEGAL AR15'S IN CALIFORNIA.
And I believe the REMINGTON R-15 AND R25 are off the list and legal.

http://thegunwiki.com/pub/Gunwiki/HistoryOLL/OLL-LIST.pdf

This list is the AR15''s AND AK47's LEGAL TO OWN IN CALIFORNIA*.