PDA

View Full Version : Feinstein on Fox News Sunday

C4IGrant
12-30-12, 09:33
Feinstein and Graham debated AWB legislation. I thought Grahm did an excellent job making the case that you cannot stop "crazy" people EXCEPT with armed resistance. He also said that he owned an AR15.

Is nice to hear a career politician say that they own an AR and will NOT support any AWB.

C4

Hootiewho
12-30-12, 09:44
Good for him, we'll see how he does when it comes down to decision time as he has been known to be quite the backstroker before to us down here.

C4IGrant
12-30-12, 09:46
Good for him, we'll see how he does when it comes down to decision time as he has been known to be quite the backstroker before to us down here.

I understand that he is a mixed bag, but he said that he would NOT vote for an AWB.

C4

Business_Casual
12-30-12, 10:09
Anyone looked at Drudge lately?

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/274881-obama-hopes-to-enact-new-gun-control-measures-in-2013

bc

Scoby
12-30-12, 10:17

I liked what he had to say but, you're right Chad, he's crawfished before.

We'll see how he does when it comes time to cast a vote.

Scoby
12-30-12, 10:18
Anyone looked at Drudge lately?

bc

Don't visit there. Why?

Hootiewho
12-30-12, 10:26
I am glad that he, being a well known face in government, went on tv standing up for this. It would be smart for all us in SC to call/write/email our support asap. We need to let them hear praise for doing good & not just negative for screwing up.

Scoby
12-30-12, 10:31
Agree. A pat on the back is in order for Senator Graham.

Business_Casual
12-30-12, 10:33
Don't visit there. Why?

Click on the link...

tb-av
12-30-12, 10:33
“I've been very clear that an assault rifle ban, banning these high capacity clips, background checks, that there are a set of issues that I have historically supported and will continue to support,” said the president.

“I'd like to get it done in the first year. I will put forward a very specific proposal based on the recommendations that Joe Biden's task force is putting together as we speak. And so this is not something that I will be putting off."

“I am not going to prejudge the recommendations that are given to me."

Yeah... right. You are no going to prejudge because you are not even going to consider them. As you say... your mind was made up years ago. Destroy the Constitution of the United States.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/274881-obama-hopes-to-enact-new-gun-control-measures-in-2013

brushy bill
12-30-12, 10:39
Thanks Grant. Though not one of his constituents, I wrote him to express thanks for supporting our Second Amendment Rights.

Scoby
12-30-12, 11:03
Click on the link...

Sorry. Overlooked the link.

Saw the interview as it was being televised.

platoonDaddy
12-30-12, 11:48
All this from a liberal with a carry permit! There is no way the common-folk will obtain a carry permit in DC, but if you are a liberal and member of the ruling class you are good-to-go!

L-N-L

jmp45
12-30-12, 12:05
maobama has to fast track the awb. He is in the process of destroying the country as we know it and it can't be done with armed citizens. Is treason even an issue anymore?

Voodoo_Man
12-30-12, 12:39
Of course he is going to be prejudice in his gun-grabbing ways.

Him saying he will not does not negate his record on the topic.

Matthew
12-30-12, 14:03
Even though I am from PA, I sent Senator Graham a letter of support, thanks and encouragement.

We need to keep pressure on the elected officials, and positive reinforcement helps too.

Hootiewho
01-03-13, 07:38
What did I tell you guys, he is but like a feather in the wind....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/12/18/high-capacity-magazines_n_2323928.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXrAt7-ij2k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

M4arc
01-03-13, 07:51
New legislation will be flying at us from all directions this year. Magazines here, features there, background checks everywhere.

Hootiewho
01-03-13, 07:55
Yeap. We will definitely find out here directly who stands with us and who stands against.

Reagans Rascals
01-03-13, 08:14
so my question is this....

if a man suddenly and without provocation... just decided to plow his Dodge Ram pickup truck through a bus stop of children, killing scores of them...

would we be hearing about a Dodge Ram Ban?.... or what about a Large Capacity Vehicle Ban/Registration as an NFA Item?

Honestly, how does one become so disillusioned from reality that one truly believes an inanimate object can suddenly and voraciously transubstantiate its worldly origins into that of a demon spawn who's sole purpose is to feast on the souls of the young and innocent...

I was taught long ago... Clothes don't make a man... a man makes the clothes... I think that holds just as true in today's present illogical sentiment towards firearms...

lest we forget that very same day (14 December):

On 14 December 2012, a 36 year-old villager in the village of Chenpeng, Henan Province, stabbed 23 children and an elderly woman at the village's primary school as children were arriving for classes.The attacker was restrained at the school, and later arrested. All of the victims survived and were treated at three hospitals, though some were reportedly seriously injured, with fingers or ears cut off, and had to be transferred to larger hospitals for specialized care.

The only force capable of thwarting a determined individual is the determined whole...

Hootiewho
01-03-13, 08:21
so my question is this....

if a man suddenly and without provocation... just decided to plow his Dodge Ram pickup truck through a bus stop of children, killing scores of them...

would we be hearing about a Dodge Ram Ban?.... or what about a Large Capacity Vehicle Ban/Registration as an NFA Item?

Honestly, how does one become so disillusioned from reality that one truly believes an inanimate object can suddenly and voraciously transubstantiate its worldly origins into that of a demon spawn who's sole purpose is to feast on the souls of the young and innocent...

I was taught long ago... Clothes don't make a man... a man makes the clothes... I think that holds just as true in today's present illogical sentiment towards firearms...

lest we forget that very same day (14 December):

The only force capable of thwarting a determined individual is the determined whole...

Never happen. Why, because who makes said truck? Unions.

Reagans Rascals
01-03-13, 08:33
Never happen. Why, because who makes said truck? Unions.

that my friend is the best god damn solution to this problem presented thus far...

we should all contact the NRA... and discuss plans to incorporate a Firearms Industry Union...

all manufacturers and Defense Contractors join the Firearms Manufacturer Union... and then start throwing their weight around like the damn Teamsters....

Pork Chop
01-03-13, 08:46
that my friend is the best god damn solution to this problem presented thus far...

we should all contact the NRA... and discuss plans to incorporate a Firearms Industry Union...

all manufacturers and Defense Contractors join the Firearms Manufacturer Union... and then start throwing their weight around like the damn Teamsters....

I like your spirit, but then the price of a new 6920 would be $3500 because the union would demand unreasonable wages/benefits & we would be in the same place we are with my beloved Twinkies. SOL.

Seriously, I generally resist union involvement like I do Gov't involvement. I'm sure union guys will be along to bash me any minute now.......... :)

RWK
01-03-13, 12:58

Until now, I thought that the worst possible "solution" would be for DHS to be responsible for school security. You've just topped me for the worst.

Reagans Rascals
01-03-13, 13:14
I like your spirit, but then the price of a new 6920 would be $3500 because the union would demand unreasonable wages/benefits & we would be in the same place we are with my beloved Twinkies. SOL.

Seriously, I generally resist union involvement like I do Gov't involvement. I'm sure union guys will be along to bash me any minute now.......... :)

well.... you can't get something for nothing...

get the sway of Union Power.... deal with higher prices...

or.... Leave things the way they are... and hope and pray this shit all blows over and things go back to the way they were before... which is unlikely... we'll get ****ed in the end in one way or another

I'd rather have the ability to pay that $3500 for the 6920... without any bullshit... than lose everything all together and have to do without...

but that's just me...

on a side note... I deal with union bullshit every single day in my job... which I have mentioned before... and I hate them as well... and think the majority of them are just lazy bastards that want more money for less work... but... in this particular situation... it could help more than it hurts...

Pork Chop
01-03-13, 13:56
well.... you can't get something for nothing...

get the sway of Union Power.... deal with higher prices...

or.... Leave things the way they are... and hope and pray this shit all blows over and things go back to the way they were before... which is unlikely... we'll get ****ed in the end in one way or another

I'd rather have the ability to pay that $3500 for the 6920... without any bullshit... than lose everything all together and have to do without...

but that's just me...

on a side note... I deal with union bullshit every single day in my job... which I have mentioned before... and I hate them as well... and think the majority of them are just lazy bastards that want more money for less work... but... in this particular situation... it could help more than it hurts...

Not saying you're wrong, it's just one of those "be careful what you wish for" scenarios.

Unions suck. I despise having to deal with them as well.

brushy bill
01-03-13, 18:52
Just like this event was not "news" because it didn't fit the script. Time we flipped the script:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Two-wounded-in-theater-shooting-4122668.php