PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find a P30 9mm LEM

lomp64
12-31-12, 00:39
I've been trying to find one for the last few weeks and haven't been able to, everywhere I've tried is sold out with no ETA on new ones. Anyone have an idea where I could find one?

Biggy
12-31-12, 09:04
I've been trying to find one for the last few weeks and haven't been able to, everywhere I've tried is sold out with no ETA on new ones. Anyone have an idea where I could find one?

I would probably be looking for some extra mags for it also.

Apricotshot
12-31-12, 09:06
www.shootersworld.com in Tampa. Give them a call.

Brahmzy
12-31-12, 09:07
HK everything is drying up / dried up everywhere. I just got in two P30 mags minutes before they sold out 2 weeks ago. I bought a USPc 9 this past weekend and am having to pay big bucks on the hicap mags. Sucks.

Swamp Yankee
12-31-12, 09:11
Agreed. I pre-ordered six P30 9mm magazines from Mike at Cross Creek Guns a few weeks ago and am still waiting. He had received a large shipment and they sold out instantly. Still waiting to hear from him as to when to expect more.

I would try contacting him as well. He gets a lot of H&K handguns in. If you are near Connecticut. Mike at Greyson Guns has had good luck getting them in lately.

BH375
12-31-12, 17:15
Have you tried HKParts.net? I haven't tried for P30 mags, but did get some new mags for an HK 45c last week with no problems.

As a high-volume HK dealer, I would assume that they're likely to be one of the first to receive new inventory even if they happen to be sold out at the moment.

Good luck.

lomp64
12-31-12, 19:48
Agreed. I pre-ordered six P30 9mm magazines from Mike at Cross Creek Guns a few weeks ago and am still waiting. He had received a large shipment and they sold out instantly. Still waiting to hear from him as to when to expect more.

I would try contacting him as well. He gets a lot of H&K handguns in. If you are near Connecticut. Mike at Greyson Guns has had good luck getting them in lately.

I talked with Mike end of last week, he said he didn't have an ETA on anything and was sold out completely with HK stuff. It seems like HK doesn't give anyone ETAs, it just comes when it comes.

Kinda frustrating. I guess I picked a bad time to make a change.

John123
12-31-12, 20:39
Keep looking on gunbroker and similar sites. I found 2 P30 15rd mags @33 each on gunbroker 2 days ago. Reasonable deals are out there, but hard to find.

When HK first released the P30. They had issues getting the Magazines from Germany. I think they underestimated the popularity of this model. Todd G was doing his famous P30 test, He only had 6 or so mags and HKUSA could not get him more. I had a boat load and loaned him six for the test. It took till near the very end of the test for HK USA to get the mags in. Trouble with customs, if I remember correctly.

With the popularity of the P30, I think HK will be on top of this. It would be nice if they could make them in the USA.

John

Starcraftmlg
12-31-12, 21:00
WHy people buying these mags? Do people not know if this ban passes, its illegal to possess them.... ARs will be worthless because you can't transfer them. Must be registered. Hmmmm why people going crazy its not like you get to keep them lol.

lomp64
12-31-12, 21:08
Keep looking on gunbroker and similar sites. I found 2 P30 15rd mags @33 each on gunbroker 2 days ago. Reasonable deals are out there, but hard to find.

When HK first released the P30. They had issues getting the Magazines from Germany. I think they underestimated the popularity of this model. Todd G was doing his famous P30 test, He only had 6 or so mags and HKUSA could not get him more. I had a boat load and loaned him six for the test. It took till near the very end of the test for HK USA to get the mags in. Trouble with customs, if I remember correctly.

With the popularity of the P30, I think HK will be on top of this. It would be nice if they could make them in the USA.

John

Kind of a suprise, I'd think a company the size of HK wouldn't have those type of problems. Not to mention the US would be their biggest commercial market by leaps and bounds so you'd think there would be more focus on keeping product moving/dealers stocked and informed.

Maybe it's just a product of the buying frenzy.

Biggy
12-31-12, 21:12

John

I bought 15 P30 9mm mags the day of the shooting for a very good price. I am hoping HK introduces a striker fired P30 type pistol at SHOT in a few weeks and it uses these mags. *If* they do and I like the trigger and other aspects of the pistol, I will get two of them, if I don't like it, I'll dump the mags.

lomp64
12-31-12, 21:14
I bought 15 P30 9mm mags the day of the shooting for a very good price. I am hoping HK introduces a striker fired P30 type pistol at SHOT in a few weeks and it uses these mags. *If* they do and I like the trigger and other aspects of the pistol, I will get two of them, if I don't like it, I'll dump the mags.

Shit, put me on your short list for the mags if things don't shake out your way.

John123
12-31-12, 21:24
Kind of a suprise, I'd think a company the size of HK wouldn't have those type of problems. Not to mention the US would be their biggest commercial market by leaps and bounds so you'd think there would be more focus on keeping product moving/dealers stocked and informed.

Maybe it's just a product of the buying frenzy.

The last P30 Mag shortage was Mid-late 09. All the mags are made in Germany so they take longer to get here.

I'm also wanting HK to have a Striker fired P30. Pretty Please HK!!!

John

Biggy
12-31-12, 21:45
Shit, put me on your short list for the mags if things don't shake out your way.

Will do.

DanjojoUSMC
12-31-12, 22:05
2012 armageddon stash?

OP - Fin, Feather, and Fur had one a few days ago at $850 or $840 in Canton, OH...seem well stocked.

Biggy
12-31-12, 22:24
2012 armageddon stash?

OP - Fin, Feather, and Fur had one a few days ago at $850 or $840 in Canton, OH...seem well stocked.

No, I'm not worried about Armageddon, that happens over in a valley in Israel. I'm worried about the Zombies that will be over here.

RHINOWSO
01-01-13, 18:54
18 P30 mags here, just traded 2 for 3 G19 mags as I was kinda light on OEM G19 mags.

And all those people who used to say "2 mags is enough" are hurting now. Shit, I wish I had another 18.

Rhino

PS - People say "why so many?". Well, this is why.

6 tested and loaded with 124gr +P HST (1 in the gun and 2 reload, 2 sets)
6 training / competiton magazines
6 spares

RHINOWSO
01-01-13, 19:07
WHy people buying these mags? Do people not know if this ban passes, its illegal to possess them.... ARs will be worthless because you can't transfer them. Must be registered. Hmmmm why people going crazy its not like you get to keep them lol.
English please.

zibby43
01-02-13, 02:39

:confused:

It is extremely unlikely that legislation aimed at banning the possession of high capacity magazines which are already legally owned will be passed. Legal ownership of such magazines will likely be be accomplished via the inclusion of a "grandfather" clause. Furthermore, it is likely that the transfer/sale of pre-ban magazines and pre-ban semi-automatic rifles will also be protected by way of some sort of "grandfather" provision.

Come on people. I understand the concept of expecting the worst and hoping for the best but you have to understand that what people like F(rank)einstein are HOPING to accomplish is vastly different from what will actually BE accomplished (especially considering that the House is controlled by the good guys).