PDA

View Full Version : HK45C Hammer following to safety/DA position?

noops
12-31-12, 16:44
Hey guys,

I recently picked up an HK45C, which is a new platform for me. I haven't even shot it yet, but in dry fire, if I rack the slide, finger holding trigger back for reset, fairly often I get the hammer following down to the safety/DA position. I'm guessing something's off here. Anyone want to beat me with the clue stick? If it's already posted, sorry, my search fu must be weak.

N

Kyohte
12-31-12, 17:03
Is this a DA/SA model or LEM?

noops
12-31-12, 17:07
DA/SA

Kyohte
12-31-12, 17:09
Are you by chance riding the lever with your grip?

If you are not, then there is a problem and you need to contact HK. Their customer service is not as terrible as everyone makes it out to be.

noops
12-31-12, 17:21
Definitely not riding. I've been careful to check on that one. I'll get ahold of them. Thanks.

N

cdunn
01-01-13, 19:50
let us know what the issue is and let us know how hk treats you

montrala
01-02-13, 06:48
Hey guys,

I recently picked up an HK45C, which is a new platform for me. I haven't even shot it yet, but in dry fire, if I rack the slide, finger holding trigger back for reset, fairly often I get the hammer following down to the safety/DA position. I'm guessing something's off here. Anyone want to beat me with the clue stick? If it's already posted, sorry, my search fu must be weak.

N

New or used?

If it is not LEM, that for 80% chances your problem is lack off or broken/damaged sear spring (two finger leaf spring in front of sear). This does not happen often and usually reason is someone was messing around with trigger system.

In any case calling HK customer care is a good idea. They are not as bad as stories told about them to scare kids.

RHINOWSO
01-02-13, 07:44
Sounds like a Bill Springfield trigger job with the hammer follow.

I'd assume you bought it used...

Call HK and have them fix it for you, it wouldn't have left the factory like that.

Rhino

JHC
01-02-13, 11:24
Not common but not unheard of. You might hit this link and see this shooter's experience with hammer follow on a DA/SA P30. Unfortunately HK could not get it right after multiple attempts.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?544-My-P30-has-hammer-follow-(&highlight=hammer+follow