PDA

View Full Version : Guns Are Bad Unless...

WillBrink
01-01-13, 18:12
(1) You're a politician whose life is more important than the people you represent and need armed security.

(2) You're a celebrity whose life is more important than the people you entertain and you require armed security.

(3) You dialed 911 due to an emergency where your life is in danger from another human being and you hope to God/Allah/Shiva the cops show up in time with guns to save you.

Help me add to the above list showing the logical fallacy of gun control 'till we reach at least 20. I want to generate a similar list as the "40 reasons for gun control" from a few years back that used simple logic, irony, facts, data, and history to show the folly that is gun control which I'm calling "Guns Are Bad Unless..." so the list needs to reflect that specific concept

Think of it as an M4C group project. :cool:

hatt
01-01-13, 18:42
Guns are bad when you have one present when you need it.
Guns are bad when they're better suited to the job at hand.

buckshot1220
01-01-13, 20:16
Guns are bad unless/until something goes bump in the night.

Years ago I dated a very Liberal, artsy, free-spirit, Pro-gun control chick. She hated the fact that I frequently carried and hated even more the AR15 etc. in my safe. The only time she could understand carrying was when we were hiking/camping, because she did have a fear of bears and we hiked in areas that had a high frequency of reported human-bear interactions.

Anyways, one night we had gotten home from a day in the woods and unknown to her I tossed my pistol in the safe because I planned to have a few liquor drinks with dinner before settling in to watch a movie. We were sitting on the couch when there was loud "thump" just outside the sliding glass window in a pitch black backyard. Her immediate reaction was "Oh my god, what was that? Do you have your gun?"

She was quite distraught when she found out it was locked up two rooms away. Needless to say the wind took down a piece of branch that landed squarely on the deck, no harm. To this day, she absolutely hates the fact that those words were her first response being that her upbringing and beliefs were squarely the opposite.

The_War_Wagon
01-01-13, 20:19
Two classes of people that America can do without (and would BE better off WITHOUT!) - politicians & celebrities... :rolleyes:

Skyyr
01-01-13, 20:23
Two classes of people that America can do without (and would BE better off WITHOUT!) - politicians & celebrities... :rolleyes:

Careful. They could easily say the same about you.

WillBrink
01-02-13, 08:17
Careful. They could easily say the same about you.

They don't say it, they just work to pass laws that have exactly that result.

Expected all manner of great responses to this list. :help:

MountainRaven
01-02-13, 10:53
You're a member of an al-Qaeda-associated band of Syrian freedom fighters.

You're a tinpot/banana republic dictator supported by US tax dollars who needs a way to keep his people in line.

You're a Nigerian rebel stealing oil pumped out of your backyard.

You're a Korean living in LA during the Rodney King riots.

Hmm... that's all I've got, for now. Might not be very good... but it's a start.

jaxman7
01-02-13, 14:04
Guns are bad....unless you want to make millions from some anti gun liberal actor holding a G36 like his Technical Consultant was Barney Fife and he's shooting up the bad guys on the big screen.

-Jax

Moose-Knuckle
01-02-13, 18:05
You are a nacro in need of illicit small arms to rage war against a nation state and rival cartels and you obtain said arms via a USDOJ flase flag operation.