PDA

View Full Version : An answer to a Christian gun banner

TomMcC
01-01-13, 18:52
Although this will probably be controversial for many, I find it to be quite Biblical. But then I admit my bias.

http://ironink.org/2012/12/ask-dan-brannan-a-christian-response-to-a-christian-gun-control-enthusiast/

currahee
01-01-13, 19:10
Although this will probably be controversial for many, I find it to be quite Biblical. But then I admit my bias.

http://ironink.org/2012/12/ask-dan-brannan-a-christian-response-to-a-christian-gun-control-enthusiast/

Exactly how I feel, and I'm an atheist.

scottryan
01-01-13, 19:50
There is nothing in the bible against weaponry.

seb5
01-01-13, 20:58
There is nothing in the bible against weaponry.

No there's not. Even in the new testament there's a passage about selling your cloak and buying a sword.

Denali
01-01-13, 21:26
So where do you draw the line? Should I have the right to own a shoulder mounted surface to air missile? A jet bomber? a nuclear warhead? Do you think if Thomas Jefferson could have seen the damage a fully automatic UZI could inflict on a crowded cafe that he would have still supported the 2nd amendment in its present form? Or better yet been in favor to modify it. These are the argument that are going to come up not stupidity like this flyer.

Just a couple of days ago, if even that, two folks in the same thread, one claiming to be an naval aviator, the other a hostile regular, who frequents this site with all of his NRA bonifides emblazoned in his sig line, defaulted to exactly the same response quoted above, after I had opined that every federal gun control law is illegal, and that no cop, or federal agent should be allowed access to a single weapon denied to "We The People!" One of them(the NRA bonifides)went even further, and personally attacked me, implying that I was a "fringe kook!"

He said exactly the same thing, "what about nukes?" Then resorted to ad-hominem personal attacks after I politely explained that he was in fact, embracing, and then employing, the very same tactics pioneered by the hard core anti-gun leftists...

If we cannot purge such conditioning from our own ranks, we will fall very quickly...

DiabhailGadhar
01-01-13, 22:29
I wish I had the intellect some times to convey that message to people that just "simply don't get it". Some people simply don't understand that once the 2nd amendment is gone...there is nothing left protecting the rest of our rights..

TomMcC
01-01-13, 23:46
The trust people put in government has been quite a mystery to me. From this unjustified trust comes the strange corollary that people handed immense power are somehow more trustworthy with heavy weaponry. My grandparents loved FDR, but they never mentioned the internment of the Americans of Japanese decent. Times were tough then but it seems to me that government has always used some crisis to excuse some gross tyranny.

Todd00000
01-02-13, 15:43
Excellent response.

Moose-Knuckle
01-02-13, 17:44
The trust people put in government has been quite a mystery to me.

This is due large in part to the fact that the vast majority of people are f**cking stupid.

Gramps
01-02-13, 18:05
This is due large in part to the fact that the vast majority of people are f**cking stupid.

This has been proved twice, in 2008, and 2012.

Moose-Knuckle
01-02-13, 20:53
This has been proved twice, in 2008, and 2012.

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." - Adolf Hitler