PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a....

J-Dub
01-01-13, 18:53
USMC ilbe internal frame pack.

Plan on using it for back country hunting. I believe it is designed by arcteryx, which is good right?

If there are any shortcomings to this pack that I need to know ahead of time?

Guns-up.50
01-03-13, 08:10
Well I carried an IBLE quite a but, they are nice, make sure you adjust your load at the top of the straps by your shoulders, this will tale the pressure off your lower back.

reaver22
01-03-13, 13:11
I was looking into one of these to switch out from my Kelty falcon 4000 I got.

reaver22
01-27-13, 17:34
How did it compare?

I got one about a weeks ago and havent really done any real field test with it but from what I have seen from stuffing it full of my gear I feel it will do a better job than the Kelty. the ILBE has thicker shoulder and waist belts than the kelty and due to the ILBE having the option to section off the main pack pocket with a divider and still able to get to either section of the main pack from the zippers I feel the ILBE was well worth the money spent. was under 100 bucks for me off ebay. I am also thinking about buying the action pack to add to it for added room. I didnt really like the water bladder being on the back outside of the pack but we will see how that goes, my main worry would be a puncture to the bladder.

GLOCKMASTER
01-28-13, 04:15
I just picked one up off of EBay that was advertised as like new. It appeared to have just been taken out of the wrapper and shipped to me. I haven't had the time to work with it because of travel but I plan on giving it a try once I return home from this trip.

Some information that might be helpful.ILBE Pack Information (http://www.ilbepack.com/)

reaver22
01-28-13, 10:17
Yeah my pack I got was in very good condition an its got nothing wrong with it no ripping or fading it looks like it just sat for a long time. So I took a warm soapy rag and wiped it down.

falcon5
01-28-13, 18:19
I have also spent a lot of time under that pack system. No complaints here and I've lived out of it for extended periods. They're a good catch.