PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Geiselle and Mr. Lewis

lengthofpull
01-01-13, 20:03
**MODS: This isn't necessarily a precision only oriented thread, but it deals with precision triggers and I figure it'd get the best audience in this sub forum**

The setup:
Rainier Lower
Geissele Hi-Speed Trigger
Quality LPK including a LMT safety

The issue:
I installed a Geissele Hi-Speed trigger in my lower with the DMR spring kit. As is noted in the manual and the video online, it is possible that some safety selectors may rub the disconnector sub-assembly. After installing the trigger I have what feels like a three-stage trigger. Per the manual it seemed like I didn't have enough sear engagement but i went through the tuning process again and thats not the problem. I removed the safety out and now the trigger is pure silk with a crisp break just like I wanted. So I am guessing that my disconnector is rubbing the safety selector.

Geissele recommends taking a dremel wheel to specific surfaces of the safety selector to resolve this issue. I have access to a dremel but the LMT safety in question also has a rough tooling mark on the right hand side. Its cosmetic and doesn't effect function of the safety but the ridge can make the gun look like it's in a condition that it is not which in my book is a bad thing. I want to replace the safety selector.

My question: What safety selectors do you guys recommend that will likely have excellent tolerance control that I can put in my lower? I don't care about ambi functionality. I don't want to drop the coin on one of the Battle Arms triggers unless I have to.

Thanks for your time.
-LOP

Multi-G
01-01-13, 20:27
I just put a Big G in with a White Oak LPK and had no issues.

308sako
01-02-13, 23:39
Also has a raised portion and color on the opposite side allowing for both visual and tactile "checking."

Look at the GAP 10's... it's standard equipment.

lengthofpull
01-03-13, 01:17
That badger ordnance piece looks very nice, thanks for the recommendation!