PDA

View Full Version : Dean Caputo's AR Diagnostics Course-NC-Open-Have A Couple of Seats Available!

GLOCKMASTER
02-26-08, 16:26
This is NOT a factory armorers class and has different goals. This class was originally designed for a federal agency to teach their firearms Instructor Coordinators, Instructors, and operators how the best way to keep the AR system running. It will teach you how the AR weapon system works, how to prevent problems, how to solve problems when they arise, etc...

This course will cover:

* History of the weapon and variants
* Nomenclature
* Field disassembly/reassembly
* Safety function checks for all variants
* ID of common problems and parts
* Proper cleaning/issues
* Limited Technical Inspection/LTI
* Gas tube repair
* Headspacing
* Fire control theory
* Cycle of operation
* Maintenance/troubleshooting
* Malfunction solutions and magazines
* Accessories
* Sighting-in considerations
* Ballistics
* Application of specific model

Equipment Needed for this course:

• M16/AR15 type rifle & magazines (NO live ammunition)
• White towel to work on
• Paper/pencil/pen
• Large/long flat bladed screwdriver
• 1/8" punch
• Small Hammer

27-28 September 2008 (Sat-Sun) 0800-1700 hrs

$250 per student (check made out to Dean Caputo)

This class precedes a Pat Rogers/EAG Tactical Carbine Class that is scheduled for Sept. 29, 30 & Oct. 1...See Below
Details and directions will be given when contacted by email.

POC Jeff Freuler jfreuler@hotmail.com

DrMark
02-27-08, 09:49
Jeff, I think your link to Pat's Class is incorrect.

Failure2Stop
02-27-08, 10:30
This is a great class, and unlike most "armorers" courses, Dean doesn't shove a particular manufacturer down anybody's throat, he simply highlights issues.

You could walk into the class on day 1 with a basic understanding of the weapon and leave at the end with the ability to keep a gun running for the rest of your life, figure out why a particular gun isn't working, and fix any issues that can be dealt with without any specialized tools.

It is well worth a weekend, and you can get a Ned Christiansen 5.56 reamer job on your carbine (just to be sure ;) ) as an added bonus.

GLOCKMASTER
02-27-08, 21:47
Jeff, I think your link to Pat's Class is incorrect.

Thanks fixed it...:D

EAG Tactical Training
3 Day Carbine Operators Course

EAG Tactical (Pat Rogers and Crew) will conduct a 3 Day Carbine Operators course on September 29, 30 and October 1, 2008 at the Johnston Community College Law Enforcement Firing Range located at the Howell Woods Learning Center, 6601 Devils Race Track Road Four Oaks, NC 27524. This course is about fighting with the 5.56x45mm carbine, and the training is geared toward that specific skill set. This is not a shooting course- it is a fighting course.

Price is as follows:$550.00
Range Fee: $30.00

Payment in full is requested 30 days prior to the class unless prior arrangements have been made. USG, DoD, other organizations can continue to pay via credit card or purchase order. Contact us if you have questions.
Note that the range fee will be collected on the morning of the first day during the completion of the normal admin stuff prior to the beginning of training, ONLY CHECK OR MONEY ORDER WILL BE ACCEPTED AS PAYMENT FOR THE RANGE FEE.

To register, go to www.eagtactical.com and complete the application. Submit the application with the appropriate credentials (see below).

Once you have been accepted you will receive a notice as well as lodging information. If you have any questions, contact us directly- we will do are best to resolve any issues.

Learning Objectives

3 Day Carbine Operators Course:
This is a moderate intensity class to sharpen your fighting skills with the 5.56x56mm carbine.

• 4 safety rules
• Range Rules
• Combat Triad
(Weapons manipulation skills are highly stressed)
• Stance, balance, grip, mount-vertical fore grip/ magazine well
• Ready Positions
• Optical/ iron sights
• Offset
• External/ terminal ballistics
• Magazine choices
• Equipment Choices • BZO Theory
• Loading/ reloading
• Positions- conventional/ asymmetrical
• Pairs, Failure Drills, Non Standard Response
• Malfunction reduction
• Multiple Target Engagements
• Pistol Transition
• Shooting on the move
• Shooting laterally
• Stepping off line of attack
• Qual Course Carbine

The actual content of the course may vary slightly due to range restrictions and also to better accommodate the skill sets of the shooters

What to Expect

A three day class on how to fight with the carbine. This is not shooting polka dots, but is a condensed version of what we are using today. The class is moderately physical.
Attendees must be active police officers; Active Duty Military; or possess a valid pistol license from any state. A Certificate of Good Conduct (no criminal record) or equivalent from your local Law Enforcement Agency will suffice.
Live fire exercises are inherently dangerous. Safety violations will be dealt with harshly. We cannot afford to have an unsafe shooter in a class.

I reserve the right to refuse admission to the class for any reason. I reserve the right to remove anyone from the class for any reason.

What to Bring
A good attitude!

• A serviceable 5.56mm Carbine.
What you bring is not as important as the fact that it works. Having a spare extractor/ spring is not a bad idea. Bring the lube of your choice. But bring lube.

• 1300 Rounds of serviceable carbine ammunition; 250 rounds pistol ammunition.

• The amount of ammunition recommended is an average. The actual number of rounds fired may be more or less depending on overall skill level of the class, weather and range issues.

• A minimum of 3 serviceable magazines for the carbine. More are obviously better- the less jamming of magazines you do during the day, the more time you learn how to fight.

• The carbine needs a sling. A tac sling works better, but any sling will do.

• A means to carry at least two carbine magazines on your person.

• If you have a red dot sight, bring spare batteries.

• A serviceable pistol, with three serviceable magazines.

• A holster and magazine pouch.

• Eye and earpro, as well as a baseball type hat.
• Water. A CamelBak is ideal, but be prepared to hydrate.

• Bring food. Bring munchies as well as lickies and chewies. If you are not physically at your best, you will not be able to function safely and efficiently.

• Knee and elbow pads.

• Pen/ pencil.

If you have questions, contact Pat Rogers at info@eagtactical.com

Or Jeff Freuler at jfreuler@hotmail.com or jfreuler@ncshp.org

GLOCKMASTER
03-04-08, 18:37
BTT....:D

Hootiewho
03-14-08, 21:18
Jeff, I was going to email you, but I figured I'd post this question here so to help anyone else who may be wondering the same thing.

What all will I need to bring to this course?
Rifle I am assuming, but are there any special tools/accessories we may need.

Thanks

Submariner
03-15-08, 03:02
It is well worth a weekend, and you can get a Ned Christiansen 5.56 reamer job on your carbine (just to be sure ;) ) as an added bonus.

And your carrier key staked as well, if required.;)

GLOCKMASTER
03-15-08, 06:41
Jeff, I was going to email you, but I figured I'd post this question here so to help anyone else who may be wondering the same thing.

What all will I need to bring to this course?
Rifle I am assuming, but are there any special tools/accessories we may need.

Thanks

Equipment needed for this course:

• M16/AR15 type rifle & magazines (NO live ammunition)
• White towel to work on
• Paper/pencil/pen
• Large/long flat bladed screwdriver
• 1/8" punch
• Small Hammer

GLOCKMASTER
03-17-08, 17:54
Payments are starting to roll in for Dean Caputo's Diagnostics Course. Seats are filling.....:)

GLOCKMASTER
03-29-08, 09:25
These classes should be posted on EAG's website (http://www.eagtactical.com/index.asp) very soon.

GLOCKMASTER
04-09-08, 22:31
Dudes....Back to the top.....:D

GLOCKMASTER
05-07-08, 05:31
Month of May bump.....;)

GLOCKMASTER
05-31-08, 08:27
BTT......;)

This is going to be a great class folks. Get in on it while you can.

GLOCKMASTER
06-10-08, 18:23
BTT...Hey folks do not miss this opportunity....;)

Submariner
06-22-08, 18:30
Dean Caputo AAR (http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=training&Number=27720&Searchpage=1&Main=27643&Words=Boone+Paul+Paskey&topic=&Search=true#Post27720)

:D

GLOCKMASTER
07-03-08, 20:08
Hey folks the class seats are really starting to fill. Even if you are already an armorer or a self taught AR guru, I'm sure you still have something to learn. So come on and get in on this class.:D

GLOCKMASTER
07-07-08, 18:40
For those sitting on the fence about the Caputo class, I wouldn't wait too much longer. It is getting full and we will probably have to cap it very soon.

GLOCKMASTER
07-19-08, 12:07
Only two seats left before this class is full!!

:D :cool:

GLOCKMASTER
07-22-08, 19:05
Only two seats left before this class is full!!

:D :cool:

Only one slot left now. Get it while you can.:p

GLOCKMASTER
07-26-08, 14:21
BTT....

GLOCKMASTER
09-05-08, 18:51
BTT......I have a couple of seats available if anyone is interested.:cool:

Hootiewho
09-25-08, 16:00
Two questions:

Should we bring our own lunch, or will we being letting loose at a certain time for lunch and returning? Will it be ok if we bring our lunch and eat there?

How are the roads going to the place where the class will be held? Will a small car have any trouble?

Thanks,
Chad

GLOCKMASTER
09-25-08, 18:19
Two questions:

Should we bring our own lunch, or will we being letting loose at a certain time for lunch and returning? Will it be ok if we bring our lunch and eat there?I'm sure we will be breaking for lunch. There is a grill about 2 miles from the class that is good. They serve a meat and two vegetables for lunch and dinner. They also serve the norm of hot dogs and hamburgers. You could also bring your own lunch if you like. There is a frig and microwave that will be available.

How are the roads going to the place where the class will be held? Will a small car have any trouble? We do have paved roads north of the border. :p A small car will be just fine.

FWIW there is going to be about 27 students in this class with about the same number in Pat's class.

Looking forward to seeing you again.