PDA

View Full Version : MBTI and the General Populace of M4C

Skyyr
01-02-13, 18:29
I recently got into the MBTI and, while there's some debate over types vs descriptions, etc., I find it overall fairly accurate.

For those that haven't taken it or don't know what the MBTI is, it's a rather well-researched test that assesses your personality based off of your cognitive thinking processes. I doubted that it was accurate until I took it - it typed me as an INTJ. Once I started reading about INTJ profiles, I felt that I was reading a book that someone else wrote about the way I act and think.

That said, here's the most well-known online test:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Take your time and answer what you feel is correct - there are no right or wrong answers. Come back afterwards and report your MBTI type.

tampam4
01-02-13, 19:11
INTP. Not surprised, but was surprised how well the explanation fit my personality.

brushy bill
01-02-13, 19:26
Have taken extended versions of the test on a few occassions over the years. The results change as you age and are exposed to different events, responsibilities, life changes. You may find that your "personality type" is not fixed and evolves.

SteadyUp
01-02-13, 19:33
ISFJ

I was astounded at how well the description fit my personality.

cinco
01-02-13, 19:41
INFJ and almost 100% correct. Thank you for that link. I enjoy insight into my personality type. As an introvert, it's easy to be misunderstood - although the older I get the less I care - ha.

This tongue-in-cheek article finally identified my "basic" personality and made it easier to come to terms with my personality "quirks".

Caring for your Introvert
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2003/03/caring-for-your-introvert/302696/

BrigandTwoFour
01-02-13, 20:09
Did this one years ago, INTJ. Pretty much spot on.

montanadave
01-02-13, 20:17
Have taken extended versions of the test on a few occassions over the years. The results change as you age and are exposed to different events, responsibilities, life changes. You may find that your "personality type" is not fixed and evolves.

Bingo. I spent quite a bit of time studying these types of psychological testing instruments in graduate school and they are ... well, let's just say reliability and validity data are sketchy.

I was required to take the MMPI (a much more comprehensive psychological testing instrument) as part of a job application for a mental health position. Just for kicks, I decided to answer every question as honestly as possible, no holding back. I had studied this test in several courses and knew there were internal consistency checks built in, as well as scoring biases which were designed to accommodate the standard individual's desire to portray themselves in a favorable light and, thus, be less likely to acknowledge some personal attributes which might be considered embarrassing or shameful. So just shooting from the hip without regard for how the answers might be interpreted yielded some interesting results. :D

When I met with the HR person offering me the position, I asked whether she had looked at my MMPI results and the interpretation by the resident clinical psychologist. She said "Sure, I looked it over," to which I replied, "I have to admit I'm a little uncomfortable with taking a position at a facility which would hire an employee with my particular profile." :blink:

We both had a chuckle about it and off to work I went.

Rattlehead
01-02-13, 20:29
Apparently I'm an INTJ.

Magic_Salad0892
01-02-13, 20:33
INTJ.

Seems accurate enough. I'd like to take a more complete psychological test if anybody knows of one.

murphy j
01-02-13, 20:39
Apparently I'm an INTJ.

INTJ.

Seems accurate enough. I'd like to take a more complete psychological test if anybody knows of one.

Same here.

Rattlehead
01-02-13, 20:41
Same here.

The world's INTJ population must be located at M4C.

murphy j
01-02-13, 20:44
The world's INTJ population must be located at M4C.

I have been noticing a trend in this regard :lol:

Skyyr
01-02-13, 21:02
I have been noticing a trend in this regard :lol:

Not surprising, since INTJ's are the second type (next to ENTP's) that are likely to be logical thinkers and politically independent. I'd say that's pretty much our demographic here.

That said, INTJs are supposedly the second rarest personality type. Again, probably over-represented due to the subject matter.

murphy j
01-02-13, 21:23
Again, probably over-represented due to the subject matter.

Probably a fair assessment. I know a significant portion of what was in the description, I readily identified with.

MountainRaven
01-02-13, 21:44
Another INTJ checking in.

sadmin
01-02-13, 21:47
INTJ as well. Lets discuss our feelings about our apparent camaraderie through social introversion and make this very ironic.

GeorgiaBoy
01-02-13, 21:53
INTJ.

jet66
01-02-13, 22:01
INTJ as well. Lets discuss our feelings about our apparent camaraderie through social introversion and make this very ironic.

INTJ. I wasn't going to post it until I read this, and it made me laugh. As it turns out, I really enjoy irony.

murphy j
01-02-13, 22:02

:lol::lol::lol:

MountainRaven
01-02-13, 22:08
INTJ. I wasn't going to post it until I read this, and it made me laugh. As it turns out, I really enjoy irony.

That's good. You just sit there and be ironical.

:p

Magic_Salad0892
01-02-13, 22:10

I've always wondered why I felt an oddly high amount of comradarie towards members of this board who I've never met.

It's because we're all the same personality type. Makes sense now!

AKDoug
01-03-13, 02:34
ESTJ here...just barely, only 1% to the E side.

Reagans Rascals
01-03-13, 03:04
ENTP

very very accurate in my opinion.... much more so than the MMPI II...

seems like I'm the only strong Extravert on here... 44%

Collegefour
01-03-13, 03:41
ISTJ...S by 1%

djmorris
01-03-13, 09:02
INTJ here, too.

What gives?

Palmguy
01-03-13, 09:08
INTJ.

Chameleox
01-03-13, 09:16
Man, I really wanted to be a beautiful and unique snowflake.
INTJ

Todd00000
01-03-13, 09:22
We have to take the test at Leavenworth's Command and General Staff College, my results were inline with all Combat Arms Officers but my instructor was surprised that I had 0% Empathy. I always knew it.

Crow Hunter
01-03-13, 09:31
INTJ

And is says I should be an engineer...

I always wanted to be a TV journalist or a community organizer.

Not.

It would be interesting to see what personality type best fits journalists/talking heads.

Something tells me it isn't anything with a TJ in it...

tb-av
01-03-13, 09:59
Yesterday - INFJ - 44/88/25/44

Today - ENTJ - 1/88/25/44

I think I'm torn between the F & T aspect. I'm sure the E is wrong.

Probably IN(FT)J

Skyyr
01-03-13, 10:07
INTJ here, too.

What gives?

Again, it's probably the culture of M4C. Most gun forums are filled with people who buy on impulse, emotionally defend their purchases, refuse to logically review their gear, etc. M4C is the antithesis of this mentality, which also happens to naturally reflect the way INTJ's, ENTP's, and INTP's think.

That said, that's probably why the majority of individuals here are typing INTJ.

INTJ is actually the second rarest type, but it's not uncommon to find several INTx types surrounding certain subject matters or academia. That being said, you probably would find very, very few INTJ's on forums where feeling and artistic detail abounds.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-03-13, 10:08
INFJ, with only a slight preference for the F over T.

We take these all the time when ever new sales/management training comes up. Two issues- it's self reported and it is way to situational.

It is self delusional both positively and negatively. We had a sales guy get tagged as low success probability because he took one of these tests and they said he would have issues with bonding and rapport- and the fact was this guy was ALL bonding and rapport- but he thought that he should be evenmore outgoing and thus the low score on extrovert.

The other thing is that I am a fully functioning, highly expereinced and trained manager- I will use what ever tool and display any weakness or strength I want that will help make a project or job successful. I know managers that are one trick ponies and can't get out of their comfort zone and as long as they are in situations where that isn't a problem, it's OK. Disruptive environments and having to herd a bunch of cats masquerading as employees brings out the real leaders and managers.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-03-13, 10:10

Probably IN(FT)J

E I E I O

tb-av
01-03-13, 10:15
E I E I O

I filled out the form with all random answers INTJ

Skyyr
01-03-13, 10:19

Probably IN(FT)J

Based on the two results, you're most likely a slight introvert. People confuse I to mean reclusive and E to mean a party-going extrovert. Introvert does not mean that you don't like to be around people, it means that you find inspiration and definition from inside of you - your ideas come from your own mind, not from objects or people around you.

I types will see things how they feel they fit into the world and define them as they relate to the person, whereas E types see things as they are but will have less of a personalized understanding of them.

Likewise, T vs F is very misunderstood. T is Thinking and F is Feeling, but the F is not an emotional feeling, but rather a need for balance. T-types are analytical thinkers and easily disregard actions and consequences, cause and effect, to get to the subject matter; they value raw data, information, and truth over functional reality. F-types are more concerned with balance. This not make them emotional, in fact F-types use heavy thinking as well, but they are concerned more with the end product, with balance, than with the data. They consider all of the possibilities and then choose the one which has the best overall effect to all involved parties.

As an example, take a T-type and an F-type, both are interested in being the world's best arm wrestler and both only have four weeks to train for a competition. A right-handed T-type would notice that if he works out only his right arm, he'll maximize his chances at winning since he'll only be using his right arm to compete with. An F-type might realize this too, but would consider his entire body and the fact that his right arm would be strong and his left arm would be weak. The F-type is more apt to work out his entire body and do other strengthening exercises. In the end, the T-type would most likely win, but the F-type would be better positioned after the fact.

Hope that helps.

kry226
01-03-13, 10:31
Again, it's probably the culture of M4C. Most gun forums are filled with people who buy on impulse, emotionally defend their purchases, refuse to logically review their gear, etc. M4C is the antithesis of this mentality, which also happens to naturally reflect the way INTJ's, ENTP's, and INTP's think.

That said, that's probably why the majority of individuals here are typing INTJ.

INTJ is actually the second rarest type, but it's not uncommon to find several INTx types surrounding certain subject matters or academia. That being said, you probably would find very, very few INTJ's on forums where feeling and artistic detail abounds.

This. Hollywood's probably ENFP.

ISTJ here, and have been for at least the last nine years since I took my first test. Retested not long ago and still the same. Not that it's impossible for me to change, but I really don't see myself becoming extroverted any time soon.

Koshinn
01-03-13, 10:50
What.. I'm infj, but J is only 1% more.

What's weird is that I can't really answer yes or no to a lot of the questions. I really didn't expect the f over t.

montanadave
01-03-13, 10:54
I skipped the test yesterday as I had taken it numerous times in the past but, given the trend line among responses here, tried it just to see where I landed.

And the results ... (drum roll, please) ... INTJ.

And I always thought of myself as so terminally unique!

Zhurdan
01-03-13, 11:03
ENTP

very very accurate in my opinion.... much more so than the MMPI II...

seems like I'm the only strong Extravert on here... 44%

Not the only one. hehe

ENTJ (100%, 38%, 50%, 11%) I'd say fairly accurate.

Skyyr
01-03-13, 11:03
And I always thought of myself as so terminally unique!

Actually, left-leaning INTJ's are rather rare. Most are independent or right-leaning.

montanadave
01-03-13, 11:13
Actually, left-leaning INTJ's are rather rare. Most are independent or right-leaning.

In that case, I shall proudly let my freak flag fly! :D

Watrdawg
01-03-13, 11:19
ENTJ here also.

Apricotshot
01-03-13, 11:37
ENTJ Apparently I'm a born leader. Yay me.

Moltke
01-03-13, 11:38
INTJ here.

vaglocker
01-03-13, 12:05
ISTP. Apparently I'm a mix of Frank Zappa, Charles Bronson, Clint Eastwood and Keith Richards.

montanadave
01-03-13, 12:39
ISTP. Apparently I'm a mix of Frank Zappa, Charles Bronson, Clint Eastwood and Keith Richards.

I'm not absolutely positive, but I'm pretty sure that makes you a god!

DiabhailGadhar
01-03-13, 12:55
Yep...INTJ...go figure.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-03-13, 13:24

In that case, I shall proudly let my freak flag fly! :D

I've been wondering lately if the liberal-left thing has run its course and true liberals, to split them from the new progressives, actually have far more in common with the liberterian wing of conservativism, and a lot more in common with conservatives than they realize.

Maybe it is time for a new Big Yurt. ;)

An political issues and personality profile analysis would be interesting.

Koshinn
01-03-13, 13:32
Man, INTJs are awesome.
Augustus Caesar
Colin Powell
Hannibal
Thomas Jefferson
Gregory House
Vladimir Putin

INFJ, what I got, is supposedly even rarer than INTJ and the only person of note is MLK jr.

Magic_Salad0892
01-03-13, 13:41
I'm gonna re-take the test and see if there's any consistency.

tb-av
01-03-13, 13:44
Based on the two results, you're most likely a slight introvert. People confuse I to mean reclusive and E to mean a party-going extrovert. Introvert does not mean that you don't like to be around people, it means that you find inspiration and definition from inside of you - your ideas come from your own mind, not from objects or people around you.

I types will see things how they feel they fit into the world and define them as they relate to the person, whereas E types see things as they are but will have less of a personalized understanding of them.

Likewise, T vs F is very misunderstood. T is Thinking and F is Feeling, but the F is not an emotional feeling, but rather a need for balance. T-types are analytical thinkers and easily disregard actions and consequences, cause and effect, to get to the subject matter; they value raw data, information, and truth over functional reality. F-types are more concerned with balance. This not make them emotional, in fact F-types use heavy thinking as well, but they are concerned more with the end product, with balance, than with the data. They consider all of the possibilities and then choose the one which has the best overall effect to all involved parties.

As an example, take a T-type and an F-type, both are interested in being the world's best arm wrestler and both only have four weeks to train for a competition. A right-handed T-type would notice that if he works out only his right arm, he'll maximize his chances at winning since he'll only be using his right arm to compete with. An F-type might realize this too, but would consider his entire body and the fact that his right arm would be strong and his left arm would be weak. The F-type is more apt to work out his entire body and do other strengthening exercises. In the end, the T-type would most likely win, but the F-type would be better positioned after the fact.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, the F type sounds a lot more like me and I'm certain I'm more I type than E type.

Moltke
01-03-13, 13:44
Well... If you answer the questions the same it will probably be the same.

Magic_Salad0892
01-03-13, 13:48
I couldn't remember what my earlier answers were, so I just answered them all to the best of my ability again.

(I did remember that there was a SLIGHT preferance for judging over percieving on my last test, so my result was most likely changed by answering like one of two questions differently. I might take it a third time to see what happens.)

INTP.

I'd like to add that the description about INTPs was written by a guy named "Joe Butt" which sounds like the worst joke ever.

I'd be good at Education, Engineering, Natural Science, Computer Programming, Law and Librarian.

Famous INTPs:
Socrates
Rene Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton U.S. Presidents: James Madison John Quincy Adams John Tyler Dwight D. Eisenhower Gerald Ford William Harvey (pioneer in human physiology)
C. G. Jung, author of Psychological Types, etc.)
William James
Albert Einstein
Charles Darwin
Tom Foley (1989-1995: Speaker of the House--U.S. House of Representatives)
Henri Mancini
Bob Newhart
Jeff Bingaman, U.S. Senator (D.--NM)
Rick Moranis (Honey, I Shrunk The Kids)
Midori Ito (ice skater, Olympic silver medalist)
Tiger Woods
Fictional INTPs
Sherlock Holmes
Tom and Fiona (Four Weddings and a Funeral)
Dr. Susan Lewis (ER)
Filburt (Rocko's Modern Life)

ETA: I've taken it a third time, and I am INTP.

Introvert: 67%
Intuitive: 75%
Thinking: 50%
Percieving: 11%

polymorpheous
01-03-13, 13:56
ESTJ
Extravert(1%) Sensing(38%) Thinking(50%) Judging(89%)

crusader377
01-03-13, 13:57
ISTP here, although I have taken the full test three times over the years. Twice I came out ISTP and the once was ISTJ. Interestingly enough, the time that I came out ISTJ was right after I transitioned out of the Army 8 years ago and recently got back from Iraq. Both ISTP tests were done as a civilian.

jet66
01-03-13, 14:00
I did it three times: twice yesterday, once today, got the same (INTJ) result.

I also did a random test today (72 virtual online 'coin flips', heads = yes, tails = no) and it came out as ESFP.

All NO = ESTJ

All YES = ESFJ

Choosing the opposite answers (to the best of my recollection, possibly not 100%) than I would have selected = ESTP

I wanted to see if INTJ was just the most common outcome, having been tested several times (online) to have an IQ equivalent to Einstein's. :p

OK, so I'm a little bored. :D

Skyyr
01-03-13, 14:06
I wanted to see if INTJ was just the most common outcome, having been tested several times (online) to have an IQ equivalent to Einstein's. :p

Einstein was an INTP. That said, it's estimated that INTJ's are only 2-3% of the population (roughly 1 in 50 will test as an INTJ). Again, most likely due to the subject matter and demeanor of this board.

Koshinn
01-03-13, 14:06
I couldn't remember what my earlier answers were, so I just answered them all to the best of my ability again.

(I did remember that there was a SLIGHT preferance for judging over percieving on my last test, so my result was most likely changed by answering like one of two questions differently. I might take it a third time to see what happens.)

INTP.

I'd like to add that the description about INTPs was written by a guy named "Joe Butt" which sounds like the worst joke ever.

I'd be good at Education, Engineering, Natural Science, Computer Programming, Law and Librarian.

Famous INTPs:
Socrates
Rene Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton U.S. Presidents: James Madison John Quincy Adams John Tyler Dwight D. Eisenhower Gerald Ford William Harvey (pioneer in human physiology)
C. G. Jung, author of Psychological Types, etc.)
William James
Albert Einstein
Charles Darwin
Tom Foley (1989-1995: Speaker of the House--U.S. House of Representatives)
Henri Mancini
Bob Newhart
Jeff Bingaman, U.S. Senator (D.--NM)
Rick Moranis (Honey, I Shrunk The Kids)
Midori Ito (ice skater, Olympic silver medalist)
Tiger Woods
Fictional INTPs
Sherlock Holmes
Tom and Fiona (Four Weddings and a Funeral)
Dr. Susan Lewis (ER)
Filburt (Rocko's Modern Life)

ETA: I've taken it a third time, and I am INTP.

Introvert: 67%
Intuitive: 75%
Thinking: 50%
Percieving: 11%

I took a different test (a range for each question rather than just yes vs no) and got INTP
I - 24%, N - 20%, T - 28%, P - 4%. The other test gave me J by just 1%, so I'm like between P and J. But it's weird how my Thinking vs Feeling varied widely by about 30% each way depending on the test.

Magic_Salad0892
01-03-13, 14:08
I took a different test (a range for each question rather than just yes vs no) and got INTP
I - 24%, N - 20%, T - 28%, P - 4%. The other test gave me J by just 1%, so I'm like between P and J. But it's weird how my Thinking vs Feeling varied widely by about 30% each way depending on the test.

I think we're in the same boat. Where is there a more in depth psychological test?

I don't care for yes/no surveys.

tb-av
01-03-13, 14:15
Tried it a 3rd time. Some of the questions are a bit in the Do Not Apply category.

INTJ 44/88/12/44

Based on descriptions though the first result of INFJ 44/88/25/44 is probably the most accurate.

jpmuscle
01-03-13, 14:22
INTJ here

Although not a formal assessment scoring psych and personality characteristics is always fun.

jet66
01-03-13, 14:24
Einstein was an INTP. That said, it's estimated that INTJ's are only 2-3% of the population (roughly 1 in 50 will test as an INTJ). Again, most likely due to the subject matter and demeanor of this board.

While that certainly makes sense, and I'm not saying the test isn't at least somewhat to mostly accurate, I am just usually skeptical of anything that tells me 'you, sir, are in rare company!' My first response is usually 'what are you selling?' :D

Since random answers and all Yes/No answers bear out very different results, I can believe that seeing so many INTJs here is for the reason you state.

Koshinn
01-03-13, 15:12
I think we're in the same boat. Where is there a more in depth psychological test?

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Koshinn
01-03-13, 15:16

That one has a range of 6 levels of "agree" with each question, but it has the same questions.

Koshinn
01-03-13, 15:24

Here is the more in depth one, same questions but 6 levels of "agree"

Skyyr
01-03-13, 15:37
While that certainly makes sense, and I'm not saying the test isn't at least somewhat to mostly accurate, I am just usually skeptical of anything that tells me 'you, sir, are in rare company!' My first response is usually 'what are you selling?' :D

Since random answers and all Yes/No answers bear out very different results, I can believe that seeing so many INTJs here is for the reason you state.

I'm actually read a few reports on MBTI forums by actual test proctors and they've confirmed the personality rarenesses (or lack of, in some cases). The "rarest" personality is the male INFJ (it's more common in females), followed by INTJ's (all are rare, but only like one in 100 females will test as INTJ).

There's actually 16 different personality types and there's no way to really skew the test results, with the exception of N vs S (intuitive vs sensing, where many people don't realize their own preference).

The best way to confirm test results is to have an actual MBTI administered by a proctor. The test is like $150. It's virtually the same as the one linked in the first post, only it's about 10 times longer. The proctor also asks you personal questions and gets to "know" your personality so that they can weight any borderline scores appropriately.

Failure2Stop
01-03-13, 15:46
ISTJ/INTJ/ESTJ/ENTJ
I/E and N/S vary either way by 5%
I have heard that military service tends to skew those aspects of personality, especially when assessing one's self.

jklaughrey
01-03-13, 15:49
INTJ no suprise.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

nineteenkilo
01-03-13, 15:55
It appears I'm a very strong ISFJ. I've never thought of myself as "The Defender".

I'm going to need a cape.

Thanks for the share.

tb-av
01-03-13, 16:37
Found a new test.....

http://similarminds.com/jung.html

click url the add gender and next button.

This one has 5 steps per question.

I got INTP on this one

62/60/67/53

cinco
01-03-13, 16:41
INFJ and almost 100% correct. Thank you for that link. I enjoy insight into my personality type. As an introvert, it's easy to be misunderstood - although the older I get the less I care - ha.

This tongue-in-cheek article finally identified my "basic" personality and made it easier to come to terms with my personality "quirks".

Caring for your Introvert
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2003/03/caring-for-your-introvert/302696/

Probably IN(FT)J

INFJ, with only a slight preference for the F over T.

We take these all the time when ever new sales/management training comes up. Two issues- it's self reported and it is way to situational.

It is self delusional both positively and negatively. We had a sales guy get tagged as low success probability because he took one of these tests and they said he would have issues with bonding and rapport- and the fact was this guy was ALL bonding and rapport- but he thought that he should be evenmore outgoing and thus the low score on extrovert.

The other thing is that I am a fully functioning, highly expereinced and trained manager- I will use what ever tool and display any weakness or strength I want that will help make a project or job successful. I know managers that are one trick ponies and can't get out of their comfort zone and as long as they are in situations where that isn't a problem, it's OK. Disruptive environments and having to herd a bunch of cats masquerading as employees brings out the real leaders and managers.

What.. I'm infj, but J is only 1% more.

What's weird is that I can't really answer yes or no to a lot of the questions. I really didn't expect the f over t.

Man, INTJs are awesome.
Augustus Caesar
Colin Powell
Hannibal
Thomas Jefferson
Gregory House
Vladimir Putin

INFJ, what I got, is supposedly even rarer than INTJ and the only person of note is MLK jr.

Tried it a 3rd time. Some of the questions are a bit in the Do Not Apply category.

INTJ 44/88/12/44

Based on descriptions though the first result of INFJ 44/88/25/44 is probably the most accurate.

I'm actually read a few reports on MBTI forums by actual test proctors and they've confirmed the personality rarenesses (or lack of, in some cases). The "rarest" personality is the male INFJ (it's more common in females), followed by INTJ's (all are rare, but only like one in 100 females will test as INTJ).

There's actually 16 different personality types and there's no way to really skew the test results, with the exception of N vs S (intuitive vs sensing, where many people don't realize their own preference).

The best way to confirm test results is to have an actual MBTI administered by a proctor. The test is like $150. It's virtually the same as the one linked in the first post, only it's about 10 times longer. The proctor also asks you personal questions and gets to "know" your personality so that they can weight any borderline scores appropriately.

Congratulations we're some rare weird f**ks! Once again taking the atmosphere of this site, not too odd there are this many of this rare personality already accounted for...

http://typelogic.com/infj.html

Caeser25
01-03-13, 16:52
Another INTJ.

56/50/75/11

•Stephen Hawking, a theoretical physicist, cosmologist, and author
•Andrew Grove, a businessman, engineer, and author
•Marie Curie, a physicist and chemist famous for her pioneering research on radioactivity
•Guy Kawasaki, a venture capitalist, bestselling author, and Apple Fellow
•Igor Sikorsky, a pioneer of aviation
•Hillary Clinton, the 67th US Secretary of State :bad:

Trajan
01-03-13, 17:00
Yep, still an INTJ.

Whiskey_Bravo
01-03-13, 17:50
My first run through(I will admit I went really fast).

ISTJ
Introvert(11%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(75%) Judging(22%)

According to the below website so are the these guys.
http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/famous-people/

George Washington
American President
Andrew Johnson
American President
Benjamin Harrison
American President
Herbert Hoover
American President
George H. W. Bush
American President
Thomas
Christ's Apostle
Jackie Joyner-Kersee
athlete (heptathlon)
Evander Holyfield
boxer
Jack Webb
actor, producer
Warren Buffet
investor, businessman
Harry Truman
American President
Queen Elizabeth II
Queen of England

TOM1911
01-03-13, 19:29
And... Another INTJ...

brushy bill
01-03-13, 19:32
ISTJ/INTJ/ESTJ/ENTJ
I/E and T/S vary either way by 5%
I have heard that military service tends to skew those aspects of personality, especially when assessing one's self.

From my experience, this is true...esp in PME courses.

Cagemonkey
01-03-13, 20:03
Took it twice, same result. ISTJ. So far seems to be a rarer type of personality. Skyyr, thanks for the topic. Made me think about things.

AKDoug
01-03-13, 23:06
Took the second test linked above. I liked it better because I could answer the questions in varying degrees other than just yes or no. I scored a ESTP this time around, but just barely on the P side vs. the just barely to the T side on the other test.

trio
01-04-13, 00:00
Interesting...I had to take the big original test in high school and came out an ENTP

According to that I am an INTJ

I can see the trend towards the I because I am now old and grouchy.....interesting with the J

ryr8828
01-04-13, 06:02
INTJ

56-12-38-56

Magic_Salad0892
01-04-13, 11:57
I took the more in depth test, and am an INTP for sure.

Introverted (I) 88.46% Extroverted (E) 11.54%
Intuitive (N) 53.19% Sensing (S) 46.81%
Thinking (T) 75% Feeling (F) 25%
Perceiving (P) 54.05% Judging (J) 45.95%

milosz
01-04-13, 16:52

I'd also attribute this to 'learning the test.' It's not difficult to direct the test, consciously or unconsciously, altering results. This is, actually, true of the initial taking of the test as well but even more likely with successive tests.

MBTI/et al. are, IMO, a combination of astrology and phrenology. No one's MBTI tells them they're a terrible, stupid person.

Todd00000
01-04-13, 17:07
I'd also attribute this to 'learning the test.' It's not difficult to direct the test, consciously or unconsciously, altering results. This is, actually, true of the initial taking of the test as well but even more likely with successive tests.

MBTI/et al. are, IMO, a combination of astrology and phrenology. No one's MBTI tells them they're a terrible, stupid person.

Of course, but even if a stupid person took the test they wouldn't do anything with it, it's for people to get to understand themselves and how they are perceived. It's a tool.

I took this test soon after my Afghanistan deployment where I didn't understand my NCOIC, I often compared dealing with him to dealing with a woman. After this test scored me at 0% empathy it all clicked, he was emotional for a man but I'm so far to the left I couldn't understand him. Now if I'm around an emotional man I can adapt.

Skyyr
01-04-13, 17:40

But there's no advantage to doing so, there's no gain to be had unless you just want to be a different personality, in which case you probably already know your own personality dispositions, making it a moot point.

I'm a very dominant N-type (I usually get between 80-100% on N vs S on most tests). Just realizing this has helped me deal immensely with S-types, who get so focused on the details that they panic or don't know how to proceed. Similarly, it's helped me know when it's advantageous to filter out logic (I was very dominantly a T-type several months ago) in settings where it has little value (such as when meeting people, in creative brainstorming, etc).

The point of the MBTI is to help you understand your own thought processes (which can in turn be used to help strengthen you in areas you are weak in and to understand others). There's no value whatsoever in gaming it.

Eurodriver
01-04-13, 17:53
I'm an INTJ.

Guess I'm unique!

Magic_Salad0892
01-04-13, 18:37
But there's no advantage to doing so, there's no gain to be had unless you just want to be a different personality, in which case you probably already know your own personality dispositions, making it a moot point.

I'm a very dominant N-type (I usually get between 80-100% on N vs S on most tests). Just realizing this has helped me deal immensely with S-types, who get so focused on the details that they panic or don't know how to proceed. Similarly, it's helped me know when it's advantageous to filter out logic (I was very dominantly a T-type several months ago) in settings where it has little value (such as when meeting people, in creative brainstorming, etc).

The point of the MBTI is to help you understand your own thought processes (which can in turn be used to help strengthen you in areas you are weak in and to understand others). There's no value whatsoever in gaming it.

Absolutely. The tests are a tool to help you interact.

seb5
01-04-13, 21:57
ISTJ, so I'm in the minority here.

Dave_M
01-04-13, 22:44
I've taken several of these tests through the years (including the full Myers-Briggs (or is it Briggs-Myers?)) and I'm invariably ENTJ.

Took both tests linked in this thread. Same result.

Jellybean
01-05-13, 13:03
ISTJ, so I'm in the minority here.

Hi there fellow minority! :p

So I took the first test twice, as a couple answers could have gone either way, as well as the test on page 4 here, and got ISTJ all three times. So I guess that's what I am.
I don't agree with the career choices from the original test though- Computer programming? Engineering? Accounting? I suck at all of those! :haha:

dhrith
01-05-13, 14:46
Another one for the kidney bean dish.

INTJ

Isaac Newton, a physicist, mathematician, astronomer
Niels Bohr, a physicist, received the Nobel Prize in Physics
Carl Gustav Jung, a psychiatrist, the founder of analytical psychology
Michel de Montaigne, a thinker and an influential writer of the French Renaissance
Michel Nostradamus, a seer who published famous prophecies
Ada Lovelace, an analyst, metaphysician, and the founder of scientific computing

Guess a guy can't bitch about co-thinkers like this.

currahee
01-05-13, 15:10
Haven't done this in a few years...

INTJ

The career choices were spot on.

spr1
01-05-13, 15:17
It is fascinating, and it makes sense, to see so many INTJ's here.
I have taken this several times over the years and always come out INTJ.

Dave_M
01-06-13, 01:17
INTJ

Isaac Newton, a physicist, mathematician, astronomer
Niels Bohr, a physicist, received the Nobel Prize in Physics
Carl Gustav Jung, a psychiatrist, the founder of analytical psychology
Michel de Montaigne, a thinker and an influential writer of the French Renaissance
Michel Nostradamus, a seer who published famous prophecies
Ada Lovelace, an analyst, metaphysician, and the founder of scientific computing

Guess a guy can't bitch about co-thinkers like this.

Yeah, ENTJ is ummm, a bit on the, 'other' side I guess...
Highlights:
Non-Fictional-
Joseph Stalin
Saddam Hussein
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Al Gore
Margaret Thatcher
Hermann Goering
Wernher von Braun
Bill Gates
Steve Jobs
Sigmund Freud
Murray Rothbard
Sigourney Weaver
Quentin Tarantino
Harrison Ford
Jim Carey
Alec Baldwin

Fictional-
Sauron (LOTR)
Eric Cartman (South Park)
Lex Luthor (DC Universe)
Norman Osborn/Green Goblin (Marvel Universe)
Darth Vader (Star Wars)

so... yeah...Bill Gates and Eric Cartman! I mean...

Magic_Salad0892
01-06-13, 01:51
Yeah, ENTJ is ummm, a bit on the, 'other' side I guess...
Highlights:
Non-Fictional-
Joseph Stalin
Saddam Hussein
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Al Gore
Margaret Thatcher
Hermann Goering
Wernher von Braun
Bill Gates
Steve Jobs
Sigmund Freud
Murray Rothbard
Sigourney Weaver
Quentin Tarantino
Harrison Ford
Jim Carey
Alec Baldwin

Fictional-
Sauron (LOTR)
Eric Cartman (South Park)
Lex Luthor (DC Universe)
Norman Osborn/Green Goblin (Marvel Universe)
Darth Vader (Star Wars)

so... yeah...Bill Gates and Eric Cartman! I mean...

How the hell did Sauron get personality typed? He was in the books for like 3 seconds, and even less in the movies. WTH.

Dave_M
01-06-13, 01:54
How the hell did Sauron get personality typed? He was in the books for like 3 seconds, and even less in the movies. WTH.

Nerd have too much time on their hands? :alcoholic:

Probably the trees in LOTR have personality types....

Skyyr
01-06-13, 06:51
Yeah, ENTJ is ummm, a bit on the, 'other' side

That's what I love about the MBTI. The only difference between INTJ and ENTJ is that one is an introvert and one is an extrovert. They use the exact same cognitive brain functions. INTJ's use Ni (perception of reality), then Te (objective, data-driven thinking), then Fi (feelings based on their experiences and moral code), then Se (lastly using the details and orientation of the scope of their environment to come to a conclusion).

ENTJ's use a slightly different order: Te > Ni > Se > Fi.

Just the changing of the order of functions changes the way the two types make decisions. INTJ's are primarily concerned with long-term effects; consequences, what probably will be (Ni) as a result of current actions, then they use Te (objective thinking) to determine plausibility and chart a course of action based on Ni. They then reference their own moral code, if you will (Fi), and give the least importance to the details of the immediate external environment (Se).

ENTJ's are concerned with actually making a decision first (Te) to an ends, and then seeing how it will play out and what might happen after they've made their decision. They then reference Se to look at the effects it would have on the orientation of their environment (Se") and reference their moral code last.

This makes INTJ's masterminds in planning, because they care about long-term scenarios first and use data to determine what will probably happen; they generally make choices in response to what is most likely to happen, not to initiate change.. On the flip side, ENTJ's make amazing leaders, because their primary goal is to make a decision first and then use their other cognitive functions to support that decision. INTJ's are the guys who will sit around forever thinking and requesting every detail possible before making a decision, because they make decisions in response to reality. ENTJ's are typically the ones coming up with ideas on how to change things and then figuring out how to make it a reality.

I find that amazing how just changing the order changes the personality and strengths of an individual.

Hogsgunwild
01-06-13, 08:03
ISTJ here. Slight preference of sensing over intuition.

Good thread. Good tool.

jaxman7
01-06-13, 08:49
Another ISTJ.

Maybe we should call the site M4CISTJ.com from now on.

The uninformed gun haters would do well to know that so many experienced shooters on here are thinking men and not just some hoard of psychopaths that have assault clips and rifles of the satanic black color.

Not holding my breath for the media to spread the word though .

-Jax

jet66
01-06-13, 08:54
I think the media is content with just showing morbidly obese middle-aged white men on motorized chairs leaving the gun show with their Bushwhacker assault rifles. That's the pic that made the papers here after last weekend's gun show, at any rate.

murphy j
01-06-13, 09:36
Found a new test.....

http://similarminds.com/jung.html

I took this one and came up ISTP