PDA

View Full Version : Palmetto Firearms no longer selling semi-autos to civilians

GI_Jared
01-03-13, 09:46
Apparently the parent company of Palmetto Firearms will no longer allow their subsidiaries to sell semi-auto rifles to civilians. Anyone else heard of this news? Do we know if this is the same company as PSA?

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/dana-safety-supply-stops-selling-semi-auto-rifles-to-civilians-so-sheriff-pulls-his-business/

http://gunssavelives.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/IMAG2065.jpg

texag
01-03-13, 09:53
"trust that you will support us as we transition to this new policy"

...fat freaking chance.

Gun
01-03-13, 09:54
Don't believe they are one in the same.

Pork Chop
01-03-13, 09:55
I could be wrong, but I don't believe that is the same Palmetto. Pretty sure that's not PSA.

Outerlimits
01-03-13, 09:57
They still have semi 22 rifles?

M4arc
01-03-13, 09:58
Nothing on PSA's website. Let's chill out and make sure that Palmetto Firearms and Palmetto State Armory aren't one in the same.

We're all a little wound up right now. Let's find out the facts before we burn PSA at the stake.

Reagans Rascals
01-03-13, 09:58
That's fine.... I haven't, wouldn't, and won't buy their shit anyways...

they'll be out of business soon enough with that idiotic policy to begin with... yeah I'm really sure LE Agencies are buying that shit to start with... let alone at enough quantities to foot their light bill...

Dustin Cantrell
01-03-13, 10:00
That's Palmetto Firearms, not Palmetto State Armory.

The address of Palmetto firearms is:
Dana Safety Supply
(operating as Palmetto Distributors / Firearms)
4601 Broad River Rd.
Columbia, SC 29210
(803) 798-3670

The addresses of the Palmetto State Armory locations are:
3760 Fernandina Rd
Columbia, SC 29210

200 Business Park Blvd
Columbia, SC 29203

358-A Browns Cove Rd
Ridgeland, SC 29936

Palmetto Firearms: http://www.danasafetysupply.com/t-columbia_law_enforcement_equipment.aspx

Palmetto State Armory: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/palmetto-state-armory-store-locations

GI_Jared
01-03-13, 10:00
Yep, I am trying to figure out if it is the same company. They are both listed as being in the same town (Columbia, SC). I called Dana Safety and Supply and the guy I talked to said he had never heard of Palmetto State Armory and that he has only heard it referred to as Palmetto Firearms.

Biggy
01-03-13, 10:01
There will probably a lot more places that do in the future.

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7hDYqeVQOmwAyAhXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1Ym9uYXB1BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDAyMl8xNzg-/SIG=12s53egor/EXP=1357257304/**http%3a//gunmartblog.com/2012/12/18/dicks-sporting-goods-stops-ar15-sales/

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7lvuquVQN2AA8wVXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1Ym9uYXB1BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDAyMl8xNzg-/SIG=13pqe0ic8/EXP=1357257582/**http%3a//www.inquisitr.com/444016/bushmaster-ar-15-pulled-from-walmart-website-manufacturer-to-be-sold/

nova3930
01-03-13, 10:02
I could be wrong, but I don't believe that is the same Palmetto. Pretty sure that's not PSA.

A quick google search indicates you are correct. It appears the places listed are local with little or no internet presence...

kmrtnsn
01-03-13, 10:05
"Palmetto" is probably the most used name for businesses operating in South Carolina. I spent a couple of minutes on Google, trying to link PSA to the mentioned companies above and COULD NOT.

nova3930
01-03-13, 10:05
Yep, I am trying to figure out if it is the same company. They are both listed as being in the same town (Columbia, SC). I called Dana Safety and Supply and the guy I talked to said he had never heard of Palmetto State Armory and that he has only heard it referred to as Palmetto Firearms.

The physical locations are different.

http://www.danasafetysupply.com/t-columbia_law_enforcement_equipment.aspx

Dana Safety Supply
(operating as Palmetto Distributors / Firearms)
4601 Broad River Rd.
Columbia, SC 29210

PSAs two locations are at

3760 Fernandina Rd
Columbia, SC 29210

and

200 Business Park Blvd
Columbia, SC 29203

plus a location in ridgeland SC

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/palmetto-state-armory-store-locations

taliv
01-03-13, 10:11
this related bit is also making the internet rounds.

One Sheriff in Oconee County, GA begs to differ. Sheriff Scott Barry tells us:

Well, I have done business in the past with DSS and found them to be an excellent source of products that we buy…however, I just sent them this email

Sirs,
It is my understanding that you have stopped selling self loading rifles to members of the general public in favor of selling them to law enforcement officers only.
I deeply regret that decision. As such, this agency will no longer seek bids from or purchase from DSS.
Thank you for your time and attention to this email.
Sheriff Scott Berry
Oconee County Georgia Sheriffs Office

Kudos to Sheriff Berry for standing up for the civilian right to bear arms.

If anyone is interested the following companies are also owned by the same people who own Dana Safety Supply:

Dana Safety Supply, Atlanta, GA
Southern Firearms, Greensboro, NC
Palmetto Firearms, Columbia, SC
Central Firearms, Tampa, FL
Dana Safety Supply, Miami, FL
Duval Honda
Duval Ford
Duval Acura
Duval Mazda at the Avenues
Mercedes-Benz of Gainesville
Subaru of Gainesville
Tampa Honda Land
Countryside Ford of Clearwater
Countryside Mazda of Clearwater
U.S. Auto Credit
Scott-McRae Advertising
Cause to Communicate
Commercial Landscape Solutions

markm
01-03-13, 10:15
Panic time!

M4arc
01-03-13, 10:18
The OP changed the title of his thread. Let's calm down now.

Rodman24
01-03-13, 10:19
It's possible that their primary focus is LEOs, and that they've made this decision to ensure they have stock for LEOs who need to purchase a carbine.

I don't know that to be the case, but it would be similar to Lawman's selling carbines only to LEOs.

I didn't see anything in the statement about their reasoning. It would be best if they clarified. Perhaps they had a run on rifles and caught crap from LE about not having stock.

SigSlave
01-03-13, 10:20
This is why companies have names. So you can properly identify them.

Brahmzy
01-03-13, 10:38
Good grief people.

Larry Vickers
01-03-13, 10:49
Just a thought but why doesn't someone call PSA and ask them to make a public statement clarifying their position ?

Gahunter12
01-03-13, 10:53
[QUOTE=taliv;1490249]this related bit is also making the internet rounds.[/QUOT
Sheriff O (Scott Berry) is a stand up gentleman. He is a strong supporter of our 2ndA rights, and rights to carry/selfdefense. I hope many more LEO Cheifs, and Sheriffs follow suit. I hate to see this being I have spent plenty of money with DSS in the past on combat pants, belts, etc.

Apricotshot
01-03-13, 10:58
Dana Safety Suppy or whatever is a chain owned throughout the SE US. They own a few gunshops as well and cater to LEO's. No loss to be honest. They never had any stock at the Tampa store worth a shit, doing business as Central Firearms off Dale Mabry by the stadium.

Littlelebowski
01-03-13, 11:00
The OP changed the title of his thread. Let's calm down now.

Here I am with a torch and pitchfork all ready to go......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

M4arc
01-03-13, 11:03
Here I am with a torch and pitchfork all ready to go......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Stick around for 10 more minutes...something else will come up! :)

you'll shoot your eye out
01-03-13, 11:08
Maybe they are trying to get some big DHS contract...we will not allow the general public to purchase firearms, but we will supply the gun grabbers all day long.

Biggy
01-03-13, 11:11
The last AWB expired on 9-13-04. The flood gates have been open for approx 8 years and 4 months for people to prepare and get what they have wanted (not needed), like food water and shelter. These shooting rampages and then buying frenzies have been going on for a long time now. If you have been into guns for a while and waited until now to buy extra stuff, then sorry about your luck. If you are a new shooter getting into AR'S and hi-cap 9's, etc. , you might have picked a bad time. Lets hope not.

Atlshaun
01-03-13, 11:37
Just a thought but why doesn't someone call PSA and ask them to make a public statement clarifying their position ?

Good luck reaching someone "live"

Perhaps an IM would be in order

Moltke
01-03-13, 11:49
They've updated the webpage so if you scroll down and read, they say that Palmetto Firearms is NOT Palmetto State Armory.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/dana-safety-supply-stops-selling-semi-auto-rifles-to-civilians-so-sheriff-pulls-his-business/

Quoted below -

"If anyone is interested the following companies are also owned by the same people who own Dana Safety Supply:

Dana Safety Supply, Atlanta, GA
Southern Firearms, Greensboro, NC
Palmetto Firearms, Columbia, SC (NOTE: This is NOT Palmetto State Armory!)
Central Firearms, Tampa, FL
Dana Safety Supply, Miami, FL
Duval Honda
Duval Ford
Duval Acura
Duval Mazda at the Avenues
Mercedes-Benz of Gainesville
Subaru of Gainesville
Tampa Honda Land
Countryside Ford of Clearwater
Countryside Mazda of Clearwater
U.S. Auto Credit
Scott-McRae Advertising
Cause to Communicate
Commercial Landscape Solutions"

DocH
01-03-13, 12:05

Best way to find out for sure.Beats the hell out of speculation.

JOHNNY51966
01-03-13, 12:05
I was at Central Firearms today. No sign on the door but you are correct Apricot. No real semi auto rifles inventory to speak of. Some pistols and LEO equip.

Apricotshot
01-03-13, 12:59
I was at Central Firearms today. No sign on the door but you are correct Apricot. No real semi auto rifles inventory to speak of. Some pistols and LEO equip.

Buying a blue label Glock is the only reason to step in their door.

RHINOWSO
01-03-13, 13:06
Good idea, but they rarely answer the phone anyway. They finally responded to an email I sent 3 months ago about an order they screwed up.

Sigmax
01-03-13, 13:27
Well great.....what am I supposed to do with all this tar & feathers now...

3 AE
01-03-13, 13:39
Well great.....what am I supposed to do with all this tar & feathers now...

Be patient, I'm sure there will be another mistaken target of opportunity coming up real soon. Another facepalm moment in AR General Discussion! :D

dieselvrr
01-03-13, 14:08
Got me on the title though!

HES
01-03-13, 18:46
Dana Safety Suppy or whatever is a chain owned throughout the SE US. They own a few gunshops as well and cater to LEO's. No loss to be honest. They never had any stock at the Tampa store worth a shit, doing business as Central Firearms off Dale Mabry by the stadium.
Sadly this is gonna make scouts damned interesting for me.

Hootiewho
01-03-13, 20:17
This isn't PSA. It's a small gunshop across from DJJ & SC Criminal Justice Acadamy on Broad River Rd. It's down the rd from Lawmens police supply. It's a small "cop shop" that had very little of anything to begin with. In my experience Palmetto State Arms has always been GTG. I have never been impressed with Palmetto Firearms FWIW. Dana Safety Supply is a chain, they have another shop in Buford Ga, no word if that store has adopted this same policy.

Hootiewho
01-03-13, 20:25
I'd be willing to bet they sold out of what little inventory they had & put that up to have a way to say "we ain't got it" at the door. They have never been friendly to me, but I've never gone in in uniform. They are much more cordial to those who do come in wearing a uniform. Lawmens on the other had, in my experience has always been good to me & folks I know regardless.

Iraqgunz
01-03-13, 20:36
Can't have a witch hunt without the witch. So this one is done.