PDA

View Full Version : Similarities/differences between like platform and different models.

Swstock
01-03-13, 16:28
Soo, I currently own an HK p30l, SF xdm45 3.8, and a Glock g26.

My favorite of the 3 is the glock 26. In my case, the thing hits where I aim it; therefore its my fav.

How likely is it that Ill have the same experience across different models of the same platform? Is it likely that my experience with the g26 will translate to a g19 and g30? How consistent are a guns shooting characteristics when you start changing calibers and sizes? Honestly, if I can try some localy and I feel the same way about the other model glocks, the hk and xdm are going for sale.

I dont necessarily want to buy every gun to try and renting them is kinda hard here.

cheapsandwich
01-03-13, 16:46
I dont see you having a problem as you are moving up in frame size. Still you gave yourself the best idea of trying them out if at all possible.
I've only noticed a problem when I went down in frame size. My M&P40fs I shot great when I picked up a 40c to go with it I absolutely hated it. It didn't even feel like it was made by the same company. Good luck in your search.

DanjojoUSMC
01-04-13, 09:16
Glocks humps feel a bit different on the varius models - the grip of the 21 and 30 is too large for me and I have big hands. I don't like rotating pistols that much to hit the mag release and it doesn't seem to naturally index well. Awesome at the local slow fire ranges though.