PDA

View Full Version : In light of recent events; SHOT Show 2013

Moose-Knuckle
01-03-13, 17:19
So the question begs to be asked, how is the current anti 2nd Amendment climate going to affect SHOT this year.

I cannot begin to fathom how "busy" manufactures and distributors are these days. It will be interesting to see the coverage of this year’s expo and I look forward to SMGLee's posts and others of you who may be attending. If the pending legislation comes to fruition it will be detrimental to the industry.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-03-13, 17:49
FUDD-fest.

VooDoo6Actual
01-03-13, 18:29
I will be there & just about every industry professional I know is planning on attending.

Expecting a very strong show.

Could be wrong but from people I talk w/ on a regular basis I doubt it.

jaxman7
01-03-13, 18:48
SHOT Show is always a bell weather indicating advancements in the industry. Makes me concerned possible future bans will hinder this continual progression. Thus hindering the capabilities of the end users. Especially the guys on the ground OCONUS.

-Jax

Moose-Knuckle
01-03-13, 19:19
I will be there & just about every industry professional I know is planning on attending.

Expecting a very strong show.

Could be wrong but from people I talk w/ on a regular basis I doubt it.

Good to hear! I figure at this point it's all or nothing and WE need a strong show on all points industry wide. I hope to see some game changers launch but I think just getting everyone under the same roof and being able to social network will be most informative with all things considered.

SHOT Show is always a bell weather indicating advancements in the industry. Makes me concerned possible future bans will hinder this continual progression. Thus hindering the capabilities of the end users. Especially the guys on the ground OCONUS.

-Jax

Any new legislation won't just prevent law abiding citizens from obtaining firearms but it will greatly hinder further innovations and product development in the industry which always trickles down to the end users. Just look at the industry before the ’04 sunset, it was virtually dead. Since then the industry (especially the AR) has grown exponentially.

djegators
01-03-13, 21:06
I am attending SHOT for the first time, and I too am wondering what it will be like in light of current events. I would certainly expect a much different vibe in the least.

skullworks
01-04-13, 05:31
It wouldn't surprise me if some companies will hold off on introducing new products that they can't find the production capacity for with the current craziness going on. I have nothing that substantiates this, but I see it as a possibility.

Apricotshot
01-04-13, 06:57
It wouldn't surprise me if some companies will hold off on introducing new products that they can't find the production capacity for with the current craziness going on. I have nothing that substantiates this, but I see it as a possibility.

Even during good times a lot of what is shown at SHOT has become vaporware.

skullworks
01-04-13, 10:13
Even during good times a lot of what is shown at SHOT has become vaporware.
True, but I was referring to things that otherwise are ready to be put into production - not cool prototypes to swoon the buying public.