PDA

View Full Version : A Boy Named Sue

3 AE
01-04-13, 00:20
You can't do that in Iceland. WTF? Too bad Johnny Cash!

http://news.yahoo.com/icelandic-girl-fights-her-own-name-074758814.html

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-04-13, 01:02
Wife worked in a nursery, a woman wanted to name her baby 'Vagina' because it sounded pretty. The nurse said you couldn't name people after body parts.

Another baby was named 'Quac'. When the Doc pronounced it "Quack" as in duck, the mom corrected him "It's prounced "kwin-e-sha" the 'n' is silent." The Doc said the 'n' was invisible.

Twins 'Nautica' and 'Nauseous'

Control over names isn't all bad........ ;)

QuickStrike
01-04-13, 01:20
Could be worse, like Hardness Maximus or something.

jaxman7
01-04-13, 03:20
A friend of mine's wife is a school teacher. One of her former students had the name (as it is written) La-ah. The dash is pronounced. As in 'la dash uh'. :confused:

-Jax

JohnnyC
01-04-13, 03:26
ShiThead? (theed)

Moose-Knuckle
01-04-13, 03:29
A friend of mine's wife is a school teacher. One of her former students had the name (as it is written) La-ah. The dash is pronounced. As in 'la dash uh'. :confused:

-Jax

True story.

One of my BILs use to work at a chain clothing retailer in a mall. One day a girl turned in a job application. They looked at the application and asked her if her first name was "L" "A" or "La" due to her writing it in as L-A. She immediately corrected them and explained that you pronounce the dash (hyphen) and said her name was pronounced Ladasha. :rolleyes: I would have called her Lahyphena for shits and giggles.

Stupid people shouldn't be allowed breed.

jaxman7
01-04-13, 03:40
ShiThead? (theed)

......I think the correct pronunciation is Feinstein. ;)

-Jax

Gunfighter.45
01-04-13, 04:26
This man had it right..funny as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo8CrY_ZfFk

Reagans Rascals
01-04-13, 04:49
had a waitress not too long ago...

her name... Le-a

not Leah.... or Lea.... ah yes... for the dash is not silent...

Le-Dash-a

jaxman7
01-04-13, 05:08
I think if I ever have a boy he'll be named Five.FiveSix

Pronounced 'Five Point Five Six'

-Jax

3 AE
01-04-13, 05:23
I would name mine 3ohate. :D

Business_Casual
01-04-13, 06:11
I recently had a cashier at a checkout line named Romaine. As in the lettuce...

bc

Pork Chop
01-04-13, 06:56
I think this is a result of the "special snowflake" culture we find ourselves in today. Call it an insecurity, its as if they feel if they don't name their kids some bizarre, obscure bullshit they won't be special enough to succeed. We've got Celebrities naming their kids shit like Suri, Apple, etc.

Of course, I may be giving them entirely too much intellectual credit on this issue. Some of the parents I meet couldn't care less about their own success in life, let alone their spawn.

I think it's the mark of the ****tard, personally.

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-04-13, 07:01
My wife comes home with these story's all the time best I have heard so far was first name "The Awesome" Last name "Jackson".

Pronounced "The Awesome Jackson"

Safetyhit
01-04-13, 07:06
Anyone remember Dick Trickle?

If you think I'm kidding, think again.

JBecker 72
01-04-13, 07:45
Lol, I met a Laqueefa once. Ignorant as shit, and very unfortunate name. :)

No.6
01-04-13, 08:17
When I first moved here, we had a locally owned furniture store called Head Furniture. They advertised on the TV stations with some home brewed commercials where the owner, Richard, would say, "Hi, I'm Richard and this is my son Dick". Why would anyone name their kid that and then go on local TV and proclaim it?

jaxman7
01-04-13, 08:24
I recently had a cashier at a checkout line named Romaine. As in the lettuce...

bc

One of the cashier's at my local grocery store has a very feminine, lovely name.....Tequila.

jaxman7
01-04-13, 08:26

NASCAR baby!

-Jax

JBecker 72
01-04-13, 08:28

That's one of the greatest names ever!

austinN4
01-04-13, 08:49
When I first moved here, we had a locally owned furniture store called Head Furniture. They advertised on the TV stations with some home brewed commercials where the owner, Richard, would say, "Hi, I'm Richard and this is my son Dick". Why would anyone name their kid that and then go on local TV and proclaim it?
I worked once with a guy named Harry Ball. I kid you not, it was on his name plate.

jklaughrey
01-04-13, 08:59
Had relations with a girl named Kirby Kuntsler in HS.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Business_Casual
01-04-13, 09:22
That's one of the greatest names ever!

That sounds more like a medical condition that requires antibiotics.

bc

Safetyhit
01-04-13, 09:41
NASCAR baby!

I was never a NASCAR guy, but you didn't have to be one to remember that name. Still unparalleled especially because far as I know it was supposed to be taken seriously.

Pork Chop
01-04-13, 09:46
There was a farm when I was a kid about an hour from our house that had their names on one of those stones by the mailbox. The Faggots.

I always felt really bad for the kids.

jaxman7
01-04-13, 09:51
I was never a NASCAR guy, but you didn't have to be one to remember that name. Still unparalleled especially because far as I know it was supposed to be taken seriously.

I used to be obsessed with NASCAR when I was a kid. Even went to Talladega 3 times. Now I don't watch sports of any kind unless it involves shooting.

But yeh he was a driver for quite a while.

-Jax

Spiffums
01-04-13, 11:11

NASCAR driver and I always thought it was just a bad joke on Cole Trickle , Tom Cruise on the NASCAR movie Days of Thunder! :haha:

Spiffums
01-04-13, 11:12

Sounds like he was a Junior or a Third and didn't wanna be called JR or 3rd or Richard.

LHS
01-04-13, 11:24
One of my coworkers married a guy named Harry Calahan. True story.

In college, there was a weird kid in my dorm who introduced himself thusly:
"Hi, my name is Jacob Currotch. Don't call me Crotch. I hate that."
Guess what his nickname instantly became.

Business_Casual
01-04-13, 11:51
One of my coworkers married a guy named Harry Calahan. True story.

In college, there was a weird kid in my dorm who introduced himself thusly:
"Hi, my name is Jacob Currotch. Don't call me Crotch. I hate that."
Guess what his nickname instantly became.

Jake?

3 AE
01-04-13, 14:49
When it comes to naming offspring, you'd be hard pressed to top Frank Zappa.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080504180511AAKSOo8

Ahhh, those were wonderful times back then. ;)

jaxman7
01-04-13, 15:35
Used to date a girl named Jessie James.

Wow...was she beautiful....:cray:

-Jax

Magic_Salad0892
01-04-13, 15:48
Doucian Mandick.

Worst name I've ever heard.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-04-13, 17:25
An Italian family with the last name 'Negro' and they weren't just off the boat. For God's sake, change it to Black and let you kid live in peace.

jaxman7
01-04-13, 17:43
Doucian Mandick.

Worst name I've ever heard.

Wow...that's just aweful.

-Jax