PDA

View Full Version : M&P apex hard sear: any reason to do more?

nethole
01-04-13, 05:24
I ordered the DCAEK and put in the hard sear, and while the trigger is still 'gritty', the pull is now 'reasonable. Plus, there's a discernable reset.

I'm considering just purchasing 2 more hard sears for my other M&Ps, and call it 'done'.

Has anyone else just put in the hard sear, and left the rest alone?

---
I know many will put more things in, just because the tinkering is fun. I'm just looking for a managable trigger pull.

panzerr
01-04-13, 07:16
Has anyone else just put in the hard sear, and left the rest alone?

For newer M&P9s all I would do is the hard sear. I have a 2008 M&P9 with the DCAEK and a 2012 M&P9 with just the hard sear. The 2008 with the DCAEK is not significantly better than the 2012 trigger (hard sear only).

The hard sear is the most important part because it reduces the trigger reset, greatly aiding in follow up shots and rapid firing...and it's half the price of the full DCAEK.

Exiledviking
01-04-13, 12:04
For newer M&P9s all I would do is the hard sear. I have a 2008 M&P9 with the DCAEK and a 2012 M&P9 with just the hard sear. The 2008 with the DCAEK is not significantly better than the 2012 trigger (hard sear only).

The hard sear is the most important part because it reduces the trigger reset, greatly aiding in follow up shots and rapid firing...and it's half the price of the full DCAEK.

+1.

I also like adding the AEK trigger. The AEK trigger will be even more attractive here shortly when Apex releases the polymer AEK trigger. I've gotten really spoiled running the hard sear alone with the AEK trigger. Makes for a great trigger.

gumbo
01-04-13, 17:34
I pick up an M&P Pro 5" this summer (June 2012 test fire) and the trigger was harder than I cared for. I ordered the decak kit and after installing the sear (which was the first part I put in) I decided it was perfect just the way it is... Many USPSA matches and rounds downrange and I am still very happy with just the sear... The rest of the kit is still in the bag.