View Full Version : I know this guy...

Eurodriver
01-04-13, 17:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxzr0khmRAo

About the only good thing I can say about him is that he's strongly pro-2A
:suicide:

Noodles
01-04-13, 18:19
I got to the retarded slug changeovers and shitty shotgun form in general and stopped the video. Dude could not be worse at shotgun, desperately in need of training.

Reagans Rascals
01-04-13, 18:24
seems like quite the fan of "The Art Of" series... if you catch my drift..

milosz
01-04-13, 18:27
I wonder if he has any clue where his SHO pistol shots are going.

Clint
01-04-13, 18:28
Thanks Eurodriver,

I'd like that three minutes of my life back now...

Business_Casual
01-04-13, 18:36
Can we see you guy's videos?

bc

J-Dub
01-04-13, 19:17
Can we see you guy's videos?

bc

Ummm nope, because I have a job and better yet, a life.

Do I make videos of myself shooting guns? No, why would I?

Business_Casual
01-04-13, 19:25
Because that guy is out there on the range, giving it hell and practicing. So he makes a video, is that a reason for strangers to bust his chops in GD?

bc

Honu
01-04-13, 19:26
never watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q4-Ag-TnyI
then think you look as good in the mirror and make your own video

J-Dub
01-04-13, 19:37
Because that guy is out there on the range, giving it hell and practicing. So he makes a video, is that a reason for strangers to bust his chops in GD?

bc

No i think the shmedium shirt and superduper serious facial expression and "combat security associates" (who knows maybe thats his contractor company)

Not really poking fun, just calling it cheesey

Moose-Knuckle
01-04-13, 19:37

bc

Is he aiming at targets? It looked like a guy drove out to the middle of no where, set up a camera on a tri-pod, and started blasting. The whole point of training is to improve ones skill set. Kind of pointless just shooting into the tree line not knowing where your shots are landing. Hope he checked out his background for livestock, cabins, etc.

jaxman7
01-04-13, 19:52

bc

Completely agree. I have not taken any shotgun classes but learned a thing or 2 from MD's shotgun vid and used it in training.

Me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRSLmr5RAhY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

-Jax

Alaskapopo
01-04-13, 20:30
I got to the retarded slug changeovers and shitty shotgun form in general and stopped the video. Dude could not be worse at shotgun, desperately in need of training.

Really lets see your stuff. He was not that bad and I have seen a whole lot worse.
Pat

jaxman7
01-04-13, 20:45
Same here Pat. Save for a few things thought he looked pretty decent.

-Jax

KrampusArms
01-04-13, 21:37
I honestly wouldn't mind having him on my team if some crap was going down. He did everything safely, & seems familiar with his weapons controls at least. I do sense the Magpul "Im so bad ass" douchery, but as far as Im concerned, especially in these dark times, that guys an ally.

Caeser25
01-04-13, 21:42
First thing I thought of from the scenery was Napolean Dynamite. A guy with a van, tripod and nothing but time to kill.

AKDoug
01-04-13, 23:05
I don't shoot shotguns, but he looked fine compared to what I've seen at the range.

The only thing I can criticize is his carbine to handgun transitions. Dude, get a sling.

milosz
01-04-13, 23:11
I wish everyone could just stop doing the rote 'swing your head' 'assessment.'

If you're actually concerned about maintaining awareness after a fight, the last thing you want to do is glance around without actually seeing.

bondmid003
01-04-13, 23:47
I believe the term is glass houses

Noodles
01-04-13, 23:50
Really lets see your stuff. He was not that bad and I have seen a whole lot worse.
Pat

He puts the ****ing butt stock on his leg or waist! Try doing that while moving. He is making the ammo change on an 870 actually look hard. Oddly enough he makes the 887 look easier when I know for me I hate to surf the round out, at least he doesn't do a loose swap-er-oo with his hands. If I were him, I'd commit to just losing a round with the 870 and surf it out, least he isn't going to drop the gun if it's wet or bloody. You have to leave fire control on the 870 to reseat the round but you shouldn't need a third hand (legs, hips/waist) to hold the gun.

He isn't extending or collapsing that pump gun at all. There is a huge delay between his shot and racking the gun. They are not two moves. On shot that gun gets collapsed and extended. If there is a delay between the shot and rack, you're running the pump wrong.

Same with his reloads... gun and vison are too low, everything is robotic with this kid. Way more interested in looking cool than proper technique.

Shitty recoil management. He isn't a big guy, but that gun (with almost certainly birdshot) is still moving him around too much, go back to extending and collapsing the gun. He's very "bladed" out like a duck hunter or the way your dad showed you how to shoot, not helping with recoil mitigation.

I've taken a couple shotgun classes (including Costa's) and have put 2k down my Benelli in 2012 alone (1k buck, 400 slug, 600 bird) - I am by no means an expert, but I know ****ing garbage when I see it.

This guy ****ing sucks at shotgun. Thanks ass, you made me watch the whole video and it was awful.

Noodles
01-04-13, 23:51
I wish everyone could just stop doing the rote 'swing your head' 'assessment.'

If you're actually concerned about maintaining awareness after a fight, the last thing you want to do is glance around without actually seeing.

THIS. If you aren't going to look, don't do it. Also, I love how people only left/right quick, there is a world behind you too! "Oh but my range won't let me turn around with a gun"... Pfft.

Honu
01-05-13, 00:43
I really dont care what other folks do more power to him

but I just dont see why anyone wants to video themselves doing this kinda stuff ? same as sex tapes then post it on the internet ?

maybe its a age thing ? might have done it jumping or jet skiing but not things like shooting and stuff

would rather just keep that stuff close to the vest so to say and not let anyone know anything about me or what I have same reason some here have brought up how some advertise what they have in a sig line ?

just dont get it ? especially the tactical logo thing at the end ?

Skyyr
01-05-13, 00:52
I really dont care what other folks do more power to him

but I just dont see why anyone wants to video themselves doing this kinda stuff ? same as sex tapes then post it on the internet ?

maybe its a age thing ? might have done it jumping or jet skiing but not things like shooting and stuff

would rather just keep that stuff close to the vest so to say and not let anyone know anything about me or what I have same reason some here have brought up how some advertise what they have in a sig line ?

just dont get it ? especially the tactical logo thing at the end ?

As retardedly basic as some of this stuff is, it looks like stuff you'd see in a lot of action movies. For people who aren't familiar with combat tactics, seeing videos like these put the guy in question on the same level as characters from "The Expendables."

Moose-Knuckle
01-05-13, 02:37
First thing I thought of from the scenery was Napolean Dynamite. A guy with a van, tripod and nothing but time to kill.

Uncle Rico . . . :lol:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/unclericothrowingfootball_zps1765728c.jpg

Alaskapopo
01-05-13, 02:39
THIS. If you aren't going to look, don't do it. Also, I love how people only left/right quick, there is a world behind you too! "Oh but my range won't let me turn around with a gun"... Pfft.

Actually the mear fact that your scanning is a good thing even if you don't actually see anything. One cop was saved because he did a quick scan side to side he did not see the threat but he looked like he was doing well enough that the look out turned tale and ran. He thought he had been seen. One thing I have noticed is those who are quick to throw out the biggest insults to a guy like this are the ones with the least real world experience trying to chest thump. It takes a certain amount to put yourself out there like this guy.
Pat

Scoby
01-05-13, 06:08
Needs a sling in his transition from primary to secondary.
Use both hands dude.

Shotgun didn't look that bad to me but, that is really not my thing.

Eurodriver
01-05-13, 07:42
Actually the mear fact that your scanning is a good thing even if you don't actually see anything. One cop was saved because he did a quick scan side to side he did not see the threat but he looked like he was doing well enough that the look out turned tale and ran. He thought he had been seen. One thing I have noticed is those who are quick to throw out the biggest insults to a guy like this are the ones with the least real world experience trying to chest thump. It takes a certain amount to put yourself out there like this guy.
Pat

Pat,

You're going off just this video (as is everyone else but me in this thread)

Guy is definitely trying, I'll give him (and did give him) that.

...but he's an idiot. Personally, socially, and "everyotherly" way. He is "that guy" who straps on a Blackhawk belt with his Glock and spare magazines and walks into the grocery store and claims to be a Tier 1 super duper operator to all the soccer moms.

Trying? Yes. Shotgun stuff didn't look that bad. But he's not even shooting at targets, just rapid firing into the bushes. How is that training?

Safetyhit
01-05-13, 09:08
He puts the ****ing butt stock on his leg or waist! Try doing that while moving. He is making the ammo change on an 870 actually look hard. Oddly enough he makes the 887 look easier when I know for me I hate to surf the round out, at least he doesn't do a loose swap-er-oo with his hands. If I were him, I'd commit to just losing a round with the 870 and surf it out, least he isn't going to drop the gun if it's wet or bloody. You have to leave fire control on the 870 to reseat the round but you shouldn't need a third hand (legs, hips/waist) to hold the gun.

He isn't extending or collapsing that pump gun at all. There is a huge delay between his shot and racking the gun. They are not two moves. On shot that gun gets collapsed and extended. If there is a delay between the shot and rack, you're running the pump wrong.

Same with his reloads... gun and vison are too low, everything is robotic with this kid. Way more interested in looking cool than proper technique.

Shitty recoil management. He isn't a big guy, but that gun (with almost certainly birdshot) is still moving him around too much, go back to extending and collapsing the gun. He's very "bladed" out like a duck hunter or the way your dad showed you how to shoot, not helping with recoil mitigation.

I've taken a couple shotgun classes (including Costa's) and have put 2k down my Benelli in 2012 alone (1k buck, 400 slug, 600 bird) - I am by no means an expert, but I know ****ing garbage when I see it.

This guy ****ing sucks at shotgun. Thanks ass, you made me watch the whole video and it was awful.

I think you as well as he take yourselves a bit too seriously.

Noodles
01-05-13, 09:50
I think you as well as he take yourselves a bit too seriously.

Because I know how to properly run one and can explain in detail that this guy doesn't, means I take myself too seriously? I train with a shotgun but its not my go-to, I just enjoy really knowing how to run that weapon.

Ass-hats that do not are more dangerous to themselves and others by not having a competent level of training when selecting that (any) weapon, that's not me being serious, it's me being cautious. IMO shotgun is unlike anything else out there, the level of danger to others is very high I think.

It's scary to think this guy might pull a shotgun from his car and run towards trouble and make a bad scenario worse because he thinks he's an "operator" or whatever BS people call themselves today.

Safetyhit
01-05-13, 10:08
It's scary to think this guy might pull a shotgun from his car and run towards trouble and make a bad scenario worse because he thinks he's an "operator" or whatever BS people call themselves today.

Absolutely and I agreed with 100% of what you said regarding the flaws and the overall idiocy of his presentation. It was your delivery that seemed a bit much, however it's clear you know how to discern and likely utilize good technique.

hatt
01-05-13, 10:10
Wow Noodles. We need to ban everything. I'm certain that guy is better at manipulating a shotgun than at least 95% of the folks out there.

snackgunner
01-05-13, 10:18
Pat,

You're going off just this video (as is everyone else but me in this thread)

Guy is definitely trying, I'll give him (and did give him) that.

...but he's an idiot. Personally, socially, and "everyotherly" way. He is "that guy" who straps on a Blackhawk belt with his Glock and spare magazines and walks into the grocery store and claims to be a Tier 1 super duper operator to all the soccer moms.

Trying? Yes. Shotgun stuff didn't look that bad. But he's not even shooting at targets, just rapid firing into the bushes. How is that training?

Cool story, bro. I didn't see him giving any instruction in the video saying he was a tier 1 operator.

At least he's out there training and working on his fundamentals, instead of making stupid, pointless threads on the internet.

Koshinn
01-05-13, 10:20
Needs a sling in his transition from primary to secondary.
Use both hands dude.

Shotgun didn't look that bad to me but, that is really not my thing.

His primary to secondary transition wasted a lot of time...

He was out, looked at his ejection port, rotated the weapon as if Magpul flinging out the mag but he didn't actually hit the mag release (which he should have since he spent the time checking the port anyway), then transitioned without a sling to pistol... Then when the threat was presumably neutralized, he holstered his pistol before checking to see why his primary went down. Which he already wasted time doing.

Also, he's either really really fast, or he didn't hit the bolt catch after reloading.
Eta: nm, he has a BAD lever or a ripoff of it.

In his second transition, his secondary also ran dry... "Luckily" his target went down at the same time, so he holstered his slide locked back pistol and reloaded his primary........... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

His first "secondary combat reload" he holsters before scanning. I think he has a lot of bad training scars, but is apparently making an effort to be better. Scanning after forgetting is a sign he's fixing a mistake instead of just giving up.

The reason I'm critiquing is not because I think I'm better, but because it's a damn video and you can reshoot footage until you get it perfect. Unless it's video of a class or competition, you should be flawless.

Honu
01-05-13, 11:28
I thought the dude who shot his leg and called his mom was more entertaining :)

and kinda scary :blink:

not sure which one would be more dangerous trying to save someone :ph34r:
at least the leg guy has shot someone :fie:
to bad it was himself :suicide2:

Brahmzy
01-05-13, 11:48
LOL at this vid and thread. Made me grin - that's good enough for a Saturday morning!