PDA

View Full Version : What's with people reneging on EE deals all of the sudden?

HeavyDuty
01-05-13, 18:02
I've had two people renege on EE deals here in the last few weeks - I've never had any problems at all before. What's the deal? Anyone else seeing this?

VLODPG
01-05-13, 18:14
Because some people speculate that they can, or do get more from another source & go that route.

Just my guess!

Belmont31R
01-05-13, 19:29
Just sold things to about 6 different people, and all but 1 the MO's showed up quickly. Last one Ill have to relist the stuff as its been two weeks, and I've already mailed off people's stuff from the same ad.

usmcvet
01-05-13, 19:55
Did you report them or at least I've them negative feedback.

Denali
01-05-13, 20:06
I've had two people renege on EE deals here in the last few weeks - I've never had any problems at all before. What's the deal? Anyone else seeing this?

Sorry to here of your trouble, unfortunately, I've had all but two of my deals(10+)reneged on! I even began posting the names of the creeps, of course to no avail....

It goes without saying, its extremely frustrating...

HeavyDuty
01-05-13, 20:07
Yep - after I knew they read several IMs asking for a reply over several days I left negative feedback for each.

I'm easygoing and would have cancelled the deals on request. Ignoring me just pisses me off.

seb5
01-05-13, 20:40
That doesn't say much about the integrity of some members. If I make a deal I'll stick to it, even if I made a crap deal. I'm sorry to hear of this.

brushy bill
01-05-13, 21:01
I've had significantly less success on the EE here as compared to other forums, but never had a non-payer or non-seller. The deals I've made always worked out. Sorry to hear about your troubles & hope it isn't an epidemic.

HeavyDuty
01-05-13, 21:24
Both were low post count if that helps.

Iraqgunz
01-05-13, 21:46
How do you expect us to do anything if you don't report it?

HeavyDuty
01-05-13, 22:46
How do you expect us to do anything if you don't report it?

The first one was reported to the forum's mod on 12-30; I didn't hear anything back so I didn't report the second.

Iraqgunz
01-06-13, 00:18
You need to PM a mod directly. I never saw a word. On that note we can only do so much.

The first one was reported to the forum's mod on 12-30; I didn't hear anything back so I didn't report the second.

HeavyDuty
01-06-13, 00:38
You need to PM a mod directly. I never saw a word. On that note we can only do so much.

Check your IMs, please - that's what I did. I just forwarded you the earlier IM that was sent to another mod.

kmrtnsn
01-06-13, 00:42

I think the minimum post count for EE should be bumped up to the same as GD.

7 RING
01-06-13, 01:07
A man is only as good as his word. If they will not honor their word, then I have no use for them.

chuckman
01-06-13, 07:40
I have not had any issues with that; I have had a couple people say "it isn't what I thought it was/wanted" after they received the item. We usually negotiate either sending it back or have it work out well enough.