PDA

View Full Version : FPS Russia manager/backer found murdered.

An Undocumented Worker
01-07-13, 20:03
Even though FPS Russia is a bit over the top this is still sad/scary news.

Apparently the FFL who supplied firearms for the FPS Russia youtube channel was murdered recently.

Keith Ratliff, the manager of FPS Russia, the 3rd most popular youtube channel was found dead yesterday, tied up to a chair and shot in the back of the head.

Full story at the link.

http://libertyandsuch.com/manager-of-fpsrussia-found-murdered/

Franklin County Sheriff Stevie Thomas told local media that 32-year-old Keith Ratliff died of a single gunshot wound to the head and that his body had been sitting for some time before it was discovered. Thomas said investigators also found several guns in the area where Ratliff’s body was found and authorities are treating the death as a homicide until the investigation proves otherwise.

According to the report by Lake Hartwell Radio, Ratliff’s body was transported to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab in Atlanta for an autopsy. The GBI is assisting local authorities in investigating the incident.

Second source
http://www.guns.com/2013/01/07/fpsrussia-business-partner-found-dead/

So far this year is starting out in a grim manner for the firearms industry, with the untimely and truly saddening passing of John Noveske and now this, guys please keep your situational awareness up.

Belmont31R
01-07-13, 21:29
Read a few threads on a couple forums about this and don't know what the **** to think. I've watched a few of that channel's videos, and didn't care for it but just found it odd. The fake accent was WTF, and this guy who was found dead appears to have a somewhat shady history. Saw a link posted to his Twitter account and apparently they like pointing guns at each others heads with fingers on the trigger.

I do follow some other people online for things like tech channels, and they don't have near the vid views or followers but still make pretty decent money off it. These FPS guys had to making serious coin off that channel.

An Undocumented Worker
01-07-13, 21:52
Their ability to acquire some of the weapons on their videos may have required some favors from people one shouldn't ask favors of, or that's the only obvious angle I can think of right now.

But then again when pulling that kind of coin from what is essentially playing around, who knows what kind of over the top lifestyle they may have been living.

Mac5.56
01-07-13, 22:43
Their ability to acquire some of the weapons on their videos may have required some favors from people one shouldn't ask favors of, or that's the only obvious angle I can think of right now.

Come on. Seriously? That's the "only obvious angle" you can think of??? Not that he may have owed someone money? Gotten in a fight with a gun sitting around? Accidentally shot himself in the head like a ****ing jack ass (my first thought after seeing his ****ing youtube channel). Pissed off a jealous lover? There are a million and one possible reasons for a death like this. Illegally purchasing firearms on a the shadowy, super secret black market, then videotaping you using said firearms on Youtube is not my "only obvious angle".

An Undocumented Worker
01-07-13, 23:31
Come on. Seriously? That's the "only obvious angle" you can think of??? Not that he may have owed someone money? Gotten in a fight with a gun sitting around? Accidentally shot himself in the head like a ****ing jack ass (my first thought after seeing his ****ing youtube channel). Pissed off a jealous lover? There are a million and one possible reasons for a death like this. Illegally purchasing firearms on a the shadowy, super secret black market, then videotaping you using said firearms on Youtube is not my "only obvious angle".

So how do you shoot yourself in the back of the head when you are tied to a chair?

As for oweing money, that fits into the category of asking favors from those you shouldn't ask favors from.

I never said anything about illegal purchasing of firearms. Hell I doubt they owned many of the arms used in their vids.

But consistently getting your hands on stuff that is as rare as hens teeth likely requires one knows people of all sorts. Knowing that many people, you are bound to know some less than savory characters, or at least attract attention from such people.

The police said there did not appear to be any firearms stolen so the guy must have really pissed off the wrong person.

SMETNA
01-08-13, 00:23
Russian Mafia

Hootiewho
01-08-13, 05:39
These guys are right across the lake/river from me. I do not know the actor/producer, but I do know some folks who know the actor well. By all accounts from what I have heard, the actor is a good guy. I have no idea about the producer. I will say this, we have had more than our share of "over the top" murders this past year & there have been several home invasions that ended up in murder in that particular part of GA as well.

caelumatra
01-08-13, 08:25
So how do you shoot yourself in the back of the head when you are tied to a chair?

As for oweing money, that fits into the category of asking favors from those you shouldn't ask favors from.

I never said anything about illegal purchasing of firearms. Hell I doubt they owned many of the arms used in their vids.

But consistently getting your hands on stuff that is as rare as hens teeth likely requires one knows people of all sorts. Knowing that many people, you are bound to know some less than savory characters, or at least attract attention from such people.

The police said there did not appear to be any firearms stolen so the guy must have really pissed off the wrong person.

I think for some of it they have had some corporate involvement. He had the winner of the last season of top shot on one of his shows and they were shooting and the winner was plugging the next season of the show. The history channel albeit more of an entertainment channel now definitely knows who and how to ask to get weapons and access to weapons. Some of the stuff R. Lee did and got access to on Mail Call was pretty awesome.

This is pretty tragic. Even if you don't like the channel (I dont care for it) they are still a very popular proponent of guns. 5th most popular channel on youtube is a large audience

In a conspiracy theory world, John Noveske dying and this guy being murdered in the same week all while gun control advocacy makes a large showing in the government makes for a very strange coincidence

Voodoo_Man
01-08-13, 08:31
Russian Mafia

Watch what you say, tavarish.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Tv7RN-Enatg/RvKwNocerGI/AAAAAAAAAHE/nn6_Qp3jAsc/s320/viggo.jpg

HK51Fan
01-08-13, 12:27
I don't know about the money owing bit...it's hard to get paid by a dead guy and why not take the weapons...I'm thinking that they were screwing around the gun went off and that we'll find out they were rehearsing for some over the top youtube video...

GeorgiaBoy
01-08-13, 16:26
In a conspiracy theory world, John Noveske dying and this guy being murdered in the same week all while gun control advocacy makes a large showing in the government makes for a very strange coincidence

While I'm sure you personally don't believe its a conspiracy, I firmly disagree this is some kind of "planned action" against the gun industry.

For one, neither John and Mr. Ratliff were "huge" names in the firearms industry/community. Noveske is kind of a "niche" company that only those inside the AR market really know about, and probably even a smaller number of those even know about. Noveske simply isn't that big of a name, and what would be the motive of targeting its owner/creator? To me, John's fate was a sadly just a result of a accident with no foul play involved.

While Mr. Ratliff's death may have actually been a planned homicide, I doubt it has anything to do with a greater conspiracy against guns.

Human brains are pattern seekers, and try to find patterns with anything. John's untimely death coupled with Mr. Ratliff's during these turbulent times automatically make us think the worse.

Vash1023
01-08-13, 18:43
i remember he posted a video recently asking for donations for the show
ironically he did it while tied to a chair with 2 armed thugs "torturing" him....

coincidence?????

feedramp
01-08-13, 19:15
That was the main character of the series. The person who died was the producer so-to-speak. Two different people.

Vash1023
01-08-13, 20:53
That was the main character of the series. The person who died was the producer so-to-speak. Two different people.

Yeah I get that but wouldn't you say it's slightly coincidental.