PDA

View Full Version : Piers Morgan vs. Alex Jones. WTF?

Iraqgunz
01-07-13, 20:28
Alex Jones is a stupid moron and if anyone here has contact with him please tell him to shut up and stay off the airwaves when it comes to guns. Everyone now thinks that all gun owners are ****ing idiots like him.

I am so pissed that it's not funny.

jaydoc1
01-07-13, 20:32
For those of us who missed it, he said...?

Safetyhit
01-07-13, 20:34
Alex Jones is a stupid moron and if anyone here has contact with him please tell him to shut up and stay off the airwaves when it comes to guns. Everyone now thinks that all gun owners are ****ing idiots like him.

Gun owners acting like embarrassing morons? Really?

Seems like now that the pressure is on we see who is what.

Business_Casual
01-07-13, 20:38
Only a few people actually watch that show and they are already anti-gun.

munch520
01-07-13, 20:40
For those of us who missed it, he said...?

He's a ****ing lunatic. Rambling Lewis Black-style like a mad man. Angry and delusional.

gun71530
01-07-13, 20:52
He's a ****ing lunatic. Rambling Lewis Black-style like a mad man. Angry and delusional.

So he behaved like he always does, I can't stand the man.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

J-Dub
01-07-13, 20:53
All he did was present facts. Was he animated? Sure, I would be too.

FBI crime stats are exactly what he said. Violent crime has been steadliy falling in the U.S. since 90' and we have firearms.

Violent crimes have tripled in ye' ol' marry loving England, because law abiding people dont have a way to protect themselves from stabbings and beatings.

**** Piers Morgan. Bravo Alex Jones, finally someone who isnt a jellyfish. Someone who isnt willing to sit on their thumb and kiss Morgan's ass.

jaxman7
01-07-13, 20:55
Unfortunately I don't expect anything less from Chicken Noodle News.

They were probably foaming at the mouth for this to happen.

-Jax

feedramp
01-07-13, 21:00
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/01/07/alex_jones_vs_piers_morgan_1776_will_commence_against_if_you_try_to_take_our_firearms.html

HES
01-07-13, 21:00
Unfortunately I don't expect anything less than Chicken Noodle News.

They were probably foaming at the mouth for this to happen.

-Jax
This. My BIL told me to flip to CNN during the game. I had never seen Alex Jones before and only knew him at a nut job. So I saw this guy on Piers Morgan and was wondering who this lunatic was ranting at Piers. Yeah just what we need. Now Nugent, he ranted but in an acceptable way that was in character. Jones came across as our worst public relations nightmare.

Iraqgunz
01-07-13, 21:03
I only watched it because Sheriff Joe was on there. He maintained his cool head as always.

Belmont31R
01-07-13, 21:18
Didn't watch it...but you guys only give relevance to Alex Jones if you get upset about.

Really, who take's him seriously? Slightly removed from the Onion News.

Safetyhit
01-07-13, 21:28
I just watched the video and based upon his hysterics, paranoia and combativeness could easily substitute any number of members here for that man.

If he upsets you so much then why is that sort of crap allowed here almost each and every day?

Belmont31R
01-07-13, 21:31
I just watched the video and based upon his hysterics, paranoia and combativeness could easily substitute any number of members here for that man.

If he upsets you so much then why is that sort of crap allowed here almost each and every day?

Because you aren't a moderator and your constant high horse negativity towards fellow members is like a broken record.

Brimstone
01-07-13, 21:32
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/01/07/alex_jones_vs_piers_morgan_1776_will_commence_against_if_you_try_to_take_our_firearms.html

Was there supposed to be a video in this link? I didn't see one. Everything in that RCP synopsis seemed right on the money. Was it Alex Jones' facts or the fact that he was yelling at Piers that is the problem?

J-Dub
01-07-13, 21:38
Its because he was yelling. Because you know people cant be animated anymore. We have to be civilized, we have to cowtow to "upper" end of society that knows best for us.

Screw that. These people want to TAKE OUR RIGHTS AWAY!!!!!!

Im sorry, but I'd rather someone actually get up there and yell than just sit like a bump on a log like the great sheriff did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8D7vribc5c

Piers Morgan, GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY.

Iraqgunz
01-07-13, 21:45
Because regardless of what you think, there are quite a few people who think all gun owners are stupid inbred hicks. It doesn't matter what he was trying to do, it was the perception by the viewers that he's a raving lunatic and that Piers was being "civil". That's what many will take away from it.

Its because he was yelling. Because you know people cant be animated anymore. We have to be civilized, we have to cowtow to "upper" end of society that knows best for us.

Im sorry, but I'd rather someone actually get up there and yell than just sit like a bump on a log like the great sheriff did.

J-Dub
01-07-13, 21:49
Hey dude guess what, the only people that watch that limey p.o.s. are limp wristed morons. They've been brainwashed, they are beyond help. Most of them are scared of firearms, even if they are laying on a table top.....

Remember, all the rinos and neocons are beating it to Foxnews not watching CNN.

Safetyhit
01-07-13, 21:58
Because you aren't a moderator and your constant high horse negativity towards fellow members is like a broken record.

But see that works both ways, as I'll pretty much guarantee you that while I'm a bit more vocal about it there are many who choose not to make waves and shake their heads privately in disgust. In fact I have received quite a few PM's over time to verify this claim.

Straight Shooter
01-07-13, 22:04
IG-
Your basic premis of Jones is 100% correct, of course.
Reality tho..thank God, is so precious few watch this show, that IMO, very little "damage" has actually been done. This dudes show is consistently last on CNN. Only those who already agree with Morgan watch this tripe, so few, if any, opinions will be changed.
Myself...I am glad someone finally said it will be 1776 all over again, I just wish it were someone else saying it.

Safetyhit
01-07-13, 22:10
Hey dude guess what, the only people that watch that limey p.o.s. are limp wristed morons. They've been brainwashed, they are beyond help. Most of them are scared of firearms, even if they are laying on a table top.....

Remember, all the rinos and neocons are beating it to Foxnews not watching CNN.

Right, he did a shit job so we retreat to "Well no one watches that bum anyway so who cares?". Heaven forbid we insist on having a well presented argument on our collective behalf during these difficult times.

And the very last thing we would want to do is persuade or educate any fellow Americans on the fence about guns right now via meaningful substance.

Iraqgunz
01-07-13, 22:38
Some of the comments here are so silly I have to wonder if people aren't right in their comments.

I know there are alot of idiots in the world. I also know that some people who watch CNN aren't die hard leftists either. There are also alot of people who simply don't understand the issue and it doesn't help when some whack job like Alex Jones makes us all look like dumbasses.

Waylander
01-07-13, 23:05
Par for the course. CNN and Piers Morgan knew exactly how Jones would act. I haven't seen it but I'm guessing Jones couldn't resist the chance to get a TV appearance to spout his paranoid conspiracist drivel to get hits to prisonplanet.com and sell more books and chemtrail snake oil.

HES
01-07-13, 23:12
Some of the comments here are so silly I have to wonder if people aren't right in their comments.

I know there are alot of idiots in the world. I also know that some people who watch CNN aren't die hard leftists either. There are also alot of people who simply don't understand the issue and it doesn't help when some whack job like Alex Jones makes us all look like dumbasses.
This. Look there are ways to go at someone like Morgan and mop the floor with his face without looking like a raving lunatic. You can do it while expressing passion and the strength of your convictions. Alex Jones doesn't have that ability. Sure Morgan's show may be low rated, but they have YouTube. It will get played over and over. It will reach others. They will put Jones' face as the face of all of us. This is a nightmare situation.

sinlessorrow
01-07-13, 23:15
Par for the course. CNN and Piers Morgan knew exactly how Jones would act. I haven't seen it but I'm guessing Jones couldn't resist the chance to get a TV appearance to spout his paranoid conspiracist drivel to get hits to prisonplanet.com and sell more books and chemtrail snake oil.

I watched the video and while he was very very animated everything he said was true. He got in Piers face and told him like it was with facts and cut Piers off every change he got.

He played the same cards Piers does every show and only spoke truth, Yet when he rants and raves with true facts and doesn't let Piers speak hes a lunatic....amazing double standards their guys. Piers every show rants and raves and gets loud and cuts people off to push his BS fake crap, so why is it different than what Alex Jones did. Granted this is the frist I have seen this guy speak but he spoke facts.

J-Dub
01-07-13, 23:19
I watched the video and while he was very very animated everything he said was true. He got in Piers face and told him like it was with facts and cut Piers off every change he got.

He played the same cards Piers does every show and only spoke truth, Yet when he rants and raves with true facts and doesn't let Piers speak hes a lunatic....amazing double standards their guys. Piers every show rants and raves and gets loud and cuts people off to push his BS fake crap, so why is it different than what Alex Jones did. Granted this is the frist I have seen this guy speak but he spoke facts.

Bingo.

Waylander
01-07-13, 23:21

Look at Alex Jones YouTube and prisonplanet.com and you'll see why people do not take him seriously and treat him like a crazy snake oil salesman. He's only in it for himself.

That being said, plenty of people even Dems will look him up and not take him seriously.

sinlessorrow
01-07-13, 23:26
Look at Alex Jones YouTube and prisonplanet.com and you'll see why people do not take him seriously and treat him like a crazy snake oil salesman. He's only in it for himself.

That being said, plenty of people even Dems will look him up and not take him seriously.

All I know is going by that video alone, what I saw was a royal cock slap to the face of Piers.

Waylander
01-07-13, 23:27
moved

OldState
01-07-13, 23:28

I watched the video in the link and then taped the whole show and am watching it now. What is on the link is no where near as wacky as what didn't make the clip.

Morgan set him up and started to ask him about 9/11 trust her stuff. He absolutely knew this would happen. He is the only guy he actually let talk. Then he said this is the reason that I want gun control and he is a common gun owner. He said he "perfectly exemplifies the problem".

Here is some good news, Morgans ratings from last Thursday:

Net 9PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC Hannity 1,526 337 586
CNN Piers Morgan Tonight 332 97 130
MSNBC Rachel Maddow Show 1,008 302 465
CNBC CRIME INC: SECRETS 4 SALE. 137 61 51
HLN WEEKEND MYSTERIES 429 144 181

Waylander
01-07-13, 23:33
This is the kind of paranoid schizophrenic mumbo jumbo he pedals on his site to the delight of weak willed and mentally weak that are willing and eager to fall for his scams.

http://static.infowars.com/2011/12/x/Culling300x250.jpg

http://static.infowars.com/2012/11/x/StrategicRelocationNew_300x250.jpg

SMETNA
01-07-13, 23:36

Thank you

Waylander
01-07-13, 23:43
Here you can buy Alex Jones approved snake oil...er...colloidal silver. A cure for all that ails you!

http://www.elementsofhealth.com/products/colloidal_silver.html

http://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details3.asp?ID=28598

Now tell me he's not ****ing insane. Or just the sleaziest piece of shit salesman on Earth.

SMETNA
01-07-13, 23:47
I have mixed feelings on the interview.

I thought it was great that a red-blooded American free man was able to dominate that sniveling little limey twat. And everything he said was factual, apart, obviously, from the 9/11 comments. I don't know why people are still on that shit.

But he was up on 11 the whole time, and that made him look kinda like a dumb excitable southerner. If he would've said the exact same things, but varied his vigor between 5 and 11, he would've been much more effective.

Overall, I think it's a good thing that a guy got on CNN and told the world flat out, that Americans will go 1776 on your ass if you bully us.

Denali
01-07-13, 23:52

"Uhh" I think I see what you're trying to say, its apparent that you're looking for a little "pro-gun offense" as opposed to the typical "pro-gun defensive" posturing of the NRA talking heads.

Unfortunately, Alex Jones is just not capable of putting together such an effort, he's almost completely deranged, presenting himself in my estimation, at best as a marginally controlled "manic/depressive psychotic, which is why he was invited to appear on the Morgan program...His mocking of Morgan, including the bizzare affectations, couldn't be more destructive to the pro-gun position, or any position...

Waylander
01-07-13, 23:56
"Uhh" I think I see what you're trying to say, its apparent that you're looking for a little "pro-gun offense" as opposed to the typical "pro-gun defensive" posturing of the NRA talking heads.

Unfortunately, Alex Jones is just not capable of putting together such an effort, he's almost completely deranged, presenting himself in my estimation, at best as a marginally controlled "manic/depressive psychotic, which is why he was invited to appear on the Morgan program...His mocking of Morgan, including the bizzare affectations, couldn't be more destructive to the pro-gun position, or any position...

He'll soon shed his skin and reveal the true reptile underneath as the mother ship arrives to take us home. :lol:

HES
01-07-13, 23:57

Yes. Now Jones is on the air being a "truther". Guys I don't mean to sound paranoid but Jones' just gave all of the grabbers all of the ammo they want. It doesn't matter one bit if everything he said was factual. It's how he said it. It will get replayed over and over and over again. Morgan set the trap and that ****ing moron Jones not only stepped right into it, he decided to pour gasoline on himself and even then, he couldnt resist lighting a match.

SMETNA
01-08-13, 00:33
Yes. Now Jones is on the air being a "truther". Guys I don't mean to sound paranoid but Jones' just gave all of the grabbers all of the ammo they want. It doesn't matter one bit if everything he said was factual. It's how he said it. It will get replayed over and over and over again. Morgan set the trap and that ****ing moron Jones not only stepped right into it, he decided to pour gasoline on himself and even then, he couldnt resist lighting a match.

Hmm.

I can certainly see that.

I still think it was pretty awesome that he took over Morgans' show and insulted him to his face. Someone needed to shout at that twat

SMETNA
01-08-13, 01:19
http://youtu.be/Nu6YdzG4eUs

Immediately afterward.

Derpchowitz says Jones was lying about the FBI statistics. Really? Because, no he ****ing wasn't.

sinlessorrow
01-08-13, 01:27
Here you can buy Alex Jones approved snake oil...er...colloidal silver. A cure for all that ails you!

http://www.elementsofhealth.com/products/colloidal_silver.html

http://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details3.asp?ID=28598

Now tell me he's not ****ing insane. Or just the sleaziest piece of shit salesman on Earth.

well it appears he is. Like I stated the only thing from him I have seen is that 7min video in which he bitch slaps Piers around like no tomorrow, what he does after or before.....well I cannot speak on that.

Waylander
01-08-13, 01:29

Bingo. His herd just grew exponentially.

http://youtu.be/Nu6YdzG4eUs

Immediately afterward.

Derpchowitz says Jones was lying about the FBI statistics. Really? Because, no he ****ing wasn't.

That's the rub my friend. Bits of truth mixed with the other nonsense. The weak minded (I'm not saying you are) think if he's telling the truth about one thing and handing Piers his ass then "HE'S ON OUR SIDE!" That's his con to suck people in. It only makes his herd of followers larger so anyone associated with him is a gun toting nut job truther, chem trails believer, government conspiracist, anarchist what have you. How do you NOT see this isn't good for gun owners?

Moose-Knuckle
01-08-13, 01:33
No offense to the OP, but why are there so many Piers Morgan threads here of late? Change the channel gents. Piers Stefan Pughe-Morgan is nothing more than a state ran media talking head. As for Alex Jones, there are many who regard him as an agent provocateur.

Probably the same reason you're still here after Larry Vickers called you out in the "ITS GO TIME" thread. :haha:

Koshinn
01-08-13, 02:41
Ugh, just watched this on youtube.

I'd rather a more civil debate than someone just ranting and raving. Yes, most of his points are pretty good, but he comes out as a crazy person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-i3Y5iRYo

At 4:50, he goes off the deep end. Although it would have been a much better interview if he spoke in a bad British accent the entire time.

Iraqgunz
01-08-13, 03:23
I watched the show simply because Sheriff Arpaio was on the show and I knew that he would be a sound level headed guest.

No offense to the OP, but why are there so many Piers Morgan threads here of late? Change the channel gents. Piers Stefan Pughe-Morgan is nothing more than a state ran media talking head. As for Alex Jones, there are many who regard him as an agent provocateur.

Probably the same reason you're still here after Larry Vickers called you out in the "ITS GO TIME" thread. :haha:

mikelowrey
01-08-13, 03:32
I just look a little bit when the Sheriff was talking. He answered everything excellent.

montanadave
01-08-13, 05:09
Try to maintain some objectivity and put yourself in the moccasins of someone who doesn't hang out on a gun forum, is horrified by the recent Sandy Hook massacre, and ambivalent about the current renewal of the gun control debate.

Then watch Alex Jones rant and rave for a while and ask yourself, "Do I want this guy stockpiling weapons next door to me?"

He ain't doing anybody here any favors.

Business_Casual
01-08-13, 05:36
Why do all of you keep thinking that an argument is going to win over the emotionally-driven liberals? Liberals that hate guns aren't going to change their minds, it is an article of faith for them that guns are bad. Just as we aren't going to change our minds that self-defense is a God-given right, which we have enshrined in our faith.

It doesn't matter what Bloomberg says and it doesn't matter what Alex Jones says. What matters is how the congress thinks their prospects for reelection change based on whether or not they enact new legislation.

Seriously. This is the same situation at prohibition or states rights.

bc

SMETNA
01-08-13, 06:55
i thought about it all the way home this morning. And I've decided after weighing the pluses and minuses: Good job Alex.

He conveyed EXACTLY what I'm feeling lately. PISSED OFF! Tens of millions of us are pissed off. And he went up there and dominated that piece of shit, and let the sheeple know the hornets' nest they've stirred up.

We need more people to GET PISSED OFF!

"I'M MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!"

feedramp
01-08-13, 07:08
Was there supposed to be a video in this link? I didn't see one. Everything in that RCP synopsis seemed right on the money. Was it Alex Jones' facts or the fact that he was yelling at Piers that is the problem?

Yes, at the top of the page is a video.

Safetyhit
01-08-13, 07:13

Actually after having used that avatar for almost six years I was delighted to be able to explain to him and the others why it was there. But heck here you go, both of those men have now faded further into obsecurity. Let me know if you see them anywhere in the next ten years, as I'd be stunned.

Also I was less than impressed with a potential group leader who many would diligently follow throwing an embarassing, impatient temper tantrum instead of following through with a very brief amount of sensible dialog.

Lastly, it's really ok if you or SMETNA or the others like you don't agree with me. This way I can be comfortable with myself.

J-Dub
01-08-13, 07:28
i thought about it all the way home this morning. And I've decided after weighing the pluses and minuses: Good job Alex.

He conveyed EXACTLY what I'm feeling lately. PISSED OFF! Tens of millions of us are pissed off. And he went up there and dominated that piece of shit, and let the sheeple know the hornets' nest they've stirred up.

My thoughts exactly.

Also, Morgan is the one that brought up 9/11. I know I know, do not question authority or the Federal Govt. You can call me a nut all god damn day, but i've researched the matter. I have no doubt in my mind that in the least our government's intelligence agencies knew exactly what was going on and let it happen.

Dont worry, sooner or later it will be declassified, that they allowed those people into the country, knew what they were doing, and stood by (oh wait, thats already been released). Just like the Gulf of Tonkin, just like Operation Northwoods.

Look its pretty obvious that the people running our country are evil, Im just wondering what they're going to cook up to finally get our weapons.........Maybe another Waco.

skullworks
01-08-13, 07:43
The thing some here apparently chose to ignore is that while Piers Morgan might not have very many viewers (especially from our demographic), he caters to the opposition and CNN will sell/share clips from this program to all it's affiliates and other interested media outlets. With a title such as "Gun fanatic yells at Piers" (that is the phrase CNN is using right now) it doesn't matter if Jones had skipped all the 9/11 conspiracy theories and just focused on the matter at hand with factual responses as long as he was yelling.

When you yell during any type of argument (not the least a taped broadcast that can be edited for maximum effect) you devalue or negate whatever facts and arguments you are trying to present. A host can get away with it because it's "his show" and yelling would be considered to be "part of the act" whereas that is never acceptable behavior for a guest - unless he's yelling and high-fiving the host - just look at Bill O'Reilly or Chris Matthews.

Apricotshot
01-08-13, 07:57
Here we go, title of article on Yahoo:

"Creator of the 'Deport Piers Morgan' Petition Loses It on Piers Morgan's Show"
http://news.yahoo.com/creator-deport-piers-morgan-petition-loses-piers-morgans-033012793.html
"Alex Jones, the conservative radio talk show host who created the "Deport Piers Morgan" petition, isn't known for being a particularly level-headed guy, but he straight up lost it on Monday night."

jaxman7
01-08-13, 09:10
Listening to Glenn Beck this morning and Stu his co-host nailed it concerning the debate between these 2 idiots:

"This is exactly what the left wants.....a stark raving mad right wing lunatic defending the 2A"

"Piers Morgan got exactly what he wanted with barely a word...Alex Jones did it for him"

That's paraphrasing but thought Stu was spot on.

-Jax

djmorris
01-08-13, 09:41
I was laughing the entire time. I think it's about time Piers Morgan got some of his own medicine. Everything Alex Jones stated on the show is factual information that can be verified online. Sure he was yelling and all pissed off but whatever. We're way past being civil now and I think it was a riot that AJ pretty much crashed the show. You could see Piers Morgan was a bit nervous at the things he was saying and they kicked him off the show for a reason. He was supposed to stay for 3 live segments.

Listening to Glenn Beck this morning

Oh, please. Glenn Beck is so far from the truth it's not even funny. Alex Jones has way more credibility than Glenn Beck.

J-Dub
01-08-13, 09:45
Listening to Glenn Beck this morning and Stu his co-host nailed it concerning the debate between these 2 idiots:

"This is exactly what the left wants.....a stark raving mad right wing lunatic defending the 2A"

"Piers Morgan got exactly what he wanted with barely a word...Alex Jones did it for him"

That's paraphrasing but thought Stu was spot on.

-Jax

Wait, wait, Alex Jones is out there, but Glenn Beck is normal????

LOL I've heard it all now. So has he gone blind yet? Or is he still sucking down mountain dew and cheetos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut94vkAopGQ

Oh wait, I forgot.....he cant ingest caffine.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-08-13, 09:46
"How many chimpanzees can you get to dance on the head of a pin." Pretty much watched one monkey verbally gyrate all over the place.

His first 'sentence' is a rant that included Jews, NWO, global govt but he forgot to mention flouride.

On style you have to give him an F on subtance a C, mainly becuase his focus is as random as Bill Clinton's at a Victoria Secret fashion show.

I try to lead a balanced life. I try to stay between the goal posts of Alex Jones and Cynthia McKinney.

djmorris
01-08-13, 09:57
Glenn Beck is too far left for me, I guess. I used to be a big fan of Beck but he has continuously lied and proven time and time again that he is on the side of the establishment. It's sad, too, because he's a likable character.

Beck used to touch on some of the same subjects as AJ does but then he decided he was getting too much heat for it and took it all back just so he could be "politically correct".

Again, the facts that Jones presented last night are all backed up if you do your research. I encourage you all to. I understand you may not agree with the way he presented them but it did make for a helluva show, at the very least!! :sarcastic:

J-Dub
01-08-13, 09:59
Mr. Jones' follow up.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0sE9hAXXB4&list=UUvsye7V9psc-APX6wV1twLg

jaxman7
01-08-13, 10:42
J-Dub & djmorris,

Did I say anything about Glenn Beck being better than Alex Jones in any way, shape or form? No I just said I agreed with the comment from his co-host

Good grief fellaschill.

-Jax

Denali
01-08-13, 12:41
The thing some here apparently chose to ignore is that while Piers Morgan might not have very many viewers (especially from our demographic), he caters to the opposition and CNN will sell/share clips from this program to all it's affiliates and other interested media outlets. With a title such as "Gun fanatic yells at Piers" (that is the phrase CNN is using right now) it doesn't matter if Jones had skipped all the 9/11 conspiracy theories and just focused on the matter at hand with factual responses as long as he was yelling.

When you yell during any type of argument (not the least a taped broadcast that can be edited for maximum effect) you devalue or negate whatever facts and arguments you are trying to present. A host can get away with it because it's "his show" and yelling would be considered to be "part of the act" whereas that is never acceptable behavior for a guest - unless he's yelling and high-fiving the host - just look at Bill O'Reilly or Chris Matthews.

It was even worse then that, facts are meaningless if you are unable to present them in a deliberate, cogent fashion, it gets worse still, if you present, as having been defaulting on your lithium regimen...

Littlelebowski
01-08-13, 13:23

We need to go hit Hooters again.

bondmid003
01-08-13, 14:42

Immediately after the Sandy Hook shooting Piers had the two usual suspects on his show can't remember their names but they are the usual liberal and conservative viewpoint. He cut off the conservative guy at every single chance he got and kept yelling about how Britain only has 30 gun murders a year. It sounds like he got beat at his own game.

I can't remember the conservatives name but he wrote a book about how violent crime has decreased with more guns being around.

bondmid003
01-08-13, 14:44
http://www.mediaite.com/online/piers-morgan-calls-undignified-alex-jones-the-best-advertisement-for-gun-control/

Piers Morgan calls Alex Jones the best advertisement for gun control

Sry0fcr
01-08-13, 14:56
Piers Morgan is not an idiot, he didn't get "walked on", he found the nuttiest mother****er possible and let him be a textbook example of a stereotypical "Gun Nut" on national television. Alex Jones made himself a ****ing caricature, mostly because he is a caricature. This video will be played and replayed, posted and reposted, Jones will get more time on air for mainstream networks and continue to make an ass out of himself and he's too damn stupid to know that he's being used a pawn.

Even if he had a point (and he did), it was probably lost on anyone that wasn't already convinced either way on this topic. It's okay to be angry. But don't be angry and stupid, get outflanked and lose this political battle.

HES
01-08-13, 14:58

I'm pissed off as well. However coming across as a lunatic does nothing but turn off possible allies. Rarely will we be able to get 1 in a thousand grabbers to change their position. At the same time we cannot afford to alienate those who are not decided. You can express how pissed off you are with out looking like a nut job while doing it.

Business_Casual
01-08-13, 15:02
However coming across as a lunatic does nothing but turn off possible allies.

Who are these possible allies? Who is undecided in this debate? Are these the same "moderates" that will elect Dole, McCain and Romney?

I submit you are well intentioned, but wrong, and your allies are figments.

bc

Waylander
01-08-13, 15:10
Who are these possible allies? Who is undecided in this debate? Are these the same "moderates" that will elect Dole, McCain and Romney?

bc

So everything's political?
Maybe he meant people who are uneducated and unfamiliar with guns. People who see shit like this and makes them decide guns should be banned.

Sry0fcr
01-08-13, 15:13

bc

You my friend are not only short sighted politically, but blind.

Business_Casual
01-08-13, 15:17
Um, what? He made completely unsubstantiated assertions and I asked for examples, proofs, evidence...

And I'm the asshole? Wow, we are really going to get our clocks cleaned by Obama.

bc

Safetyhit
01-08-13, 15:25

Are you part of this community to be an asset or do you just waste time here enticing and waiting for law enforcement to come for you like the other simpletons? As the OP has indicated (and maybe me just once) the sane majority of us do not want this on our side right now unless you become coherent.

NWPilgrim
01-08-13, 15:33
What I don't see much chatter about is Obama's statement that he plans to go about gun control by enlisting the cooperation of gun oriented corporations.

We should continue our political efforts, but that has become a crap shoot lately it seems. No way to know if our efforts pay off until legislation is passed or killed.

What do you all think he means by cooperation by big business in the gun industry? Voluntary sales tracking reported to feds? No manufacturing or selling of semi-auto firearms and/or 10+ mags? It would be hard to conceive of any gun related big business kowtowing to Obama but Wal-Mart, Cabela's (?), CTD, discontinuing sales? Maybe. What do you think this implies and what can we do? I hope any business that kowtows to ANY more gun control is severely ostracized.

Right now a lot of guys are voting with their wallets and that has got to mean something as well, both to politicians and to businesses. What else can we do regarding this big business agenda of Obama's?

Business_Casual
01-08-13, 15:48
Are you part of this community to be an asset or do you just waste time here enticing and waiting for law enforcement to come for you like the other simpletons? As the OP has indicated (and maybe me just once) the sane majority of us do not want this on our side right now unless you become coherent.

Now, now, don't be all discouraged because you were scolded in the other thread. Keep that chin up and have a super day!

bc

Waylander
01-08-13, 15:50

Business_Casual
01-08-13, 16:35
Is there any time you don't act like a child or keyboard commando?

Yes, there is.

TAZ
01-08-13, 16:51
What I don't see much chatter about is Obama's statement that he plans to go about gun control by enlisting the cooperation of gun oriented corporations.

We should continue our political efforts, but that has become a crap shoot lately it seems. No way to know if our efforts pay off until legislation is passed or killed.

What do you all think he means by cooperation by big business in the gun industry? Voluntary sales tracking reported to feds? No manufacturing or selling of semi-auto firearms and/or 10+ mags? It would be hard to conceive of any gun related big business kowtowing to Obama but Wal-Mart, Cabela's (?), CTD, discontinuing sales? Maybe. What do you think this implies and what can we do? I hope any business that kowtows to ANY more gun control is severely ostracized.

Right now a lot of guys are voting with their wallets and that has got to mean something as well, both to politicians and to businesses. What else can we do regarding this big business agenda of Obama's?

Good question, but probably deserving of a separate thread. IMO he probably means to leverage government contracts to have stipulations on what companies make available to the civvies. AKA turn big name manufacturers into HK (we hate you cause you're a civilian) like beasts that limit what is made available to the general population. Maybe setting an example for sate and local agencies to follow.

skullworks
01-08-13, 17:29
The moral of the story: it's okay to yell AT your TV, just not ON TV.

Wayne LaPierre can sit back; Alex Jones has stolen the spotlight and is from now on the face of the pro-gun movement.

Awesome...

Sensei
01-08-13, 17:33
Like it or not, guests on prime time talk shows become our ambassadors to the non-shooting community. Many in this community are undecided on gun control.

Think of these personalities as your lawyer who argues your position before a jury in a negligence case. How would you want your attorney to come across? Personally, I like the Tom Selleck / Gary Sinise approach - cool, calm, and in control.

Waylander
01-08-13, 17:37
The moral of the story: it's okay to yell AT your TV, just not ON TV.

Wayne LaPierre can sit back; Alex Jones has stolen the spotlight and is from now on the face of the pro-gun movement.

Awesome...

GOD I hope people have more common sense than that!

austinN4
01-08-13, 18:00
This was my greatest fear. When I first heard of this, I thought...Oh no, there have to be better people to put on TV than Alex Jones.

I intentionally didn't watch it as I knew it would make my blood boil. I successfully avoided it until a few minutes ago and was flipping channels on the news and saw the Jones rant. Even if what he was saying was correct, the message was totally lost in the way he delivered it. I certainly don't want that clown representing me! He makes us all look bad, IMO.

Waylander
01-08-13, 18:10
I'm going to write the NRA and suggest they issue a press conference and distance themselves from this ass clown.

It would be nice to draft an online document to sign denouncing him but I doubt it would get much publicity.

Moose-Knuckle
01-08-13, 18:10
I take it y'all missed Jesse Ventura when he was on Piers Morgan and they debated the same subject matter.

Love him or hate him . . . Ventura nailed it. :cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxNenz7q_eY

Denali
01-08-13, 18:20
This was my greatest fear. When I first heard of this, I thought...Oh no, there have to be better people to put on TV than Alex Jones.

I intentionally didn't watch it as I knew it would make my blood boil. I successfully avoided it until a few minutes ago and was flipping channels on the news and saw the Jones rant. Even if what he was saying was correct, the message was totally lost in the way he delivered it. I certainly don't want that clown representing me! He makes us all look bad, IMO.

Thats exactly why CNN went and invited him on, the guys a borderline psychotic, who performed exactly to expectation...Whats so tragic, is that the man has an encyclopedic capacity for recall, not uncommon in men/women manic/depressives, but its relegated to the meaningless due to his inability to master his emotions...

As much as it pains me, Morgan was absolutely correct to label Jones schtick as "pathological!"

tb-av
01-08-13, 18:23

"If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit"

Yeah.... I wouldn't wager too much on that common sense bet.

jpmuscle
01-08-13, 18:25

If they did we wouldn't be in the current situation we find ourselves.

CarlosDJackal
01-08-13, 18:28
When I was watching that video clip I was kinda hoping one of the stage lights would fall and land on both of their heads!! :rolleyes:

J-Dub
01-08-13, 19:10
I take it y'all missed Jesse Ventura when he was on Piers Morgan and they debated the same subject matter.

Love it.

HES
01-08-13, 22:28
So everything's political?
Maybe he meant people who are uneducated and unfamiliar with guns. People who see shit like this and makes them decide guns should be banned.
Nah, I couldn't have meant those folks at all [/sarcasm]

Actually I have managed to get two antis to switch sides. Yeah they resisted but finally acknowledged the logic they were up against and now are firmly pro 2nd A. Now I'm just one guy. Imagine if we are able to each just affect 2 people and get them to come to our side. Then they each get 2 people. Yeah it may be a long shot, but it's one worth taking.

SMETNA
01-08-13, 23:01
His first 'sentence' is a rant that included Jews . . .

No, I'm sorry but that's not true. I watched it several times over, because I couldn't decide if I supported the way he conducted himself or if I was embarrassed by it.

Not a single mention of Jews, Zionists, or any other anti semitism

SMETNA
01-08-13, 23:19

Hadn't seen this. The Moose charges again!

Thank you for sharing. I love how Jesse Ventura enunciates, like he's reading a story to 1st graders. But you know what? For some reason, it makes you lean out of your seat and listen to every damn word he has to say. There's some magical cadence he has.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-09-13, 01:51
No, I'm sorry but that's not true. I watched it several times over, because I couldn't decide if I supported the way he conducted himself or if I was embarrassed by it.

Not a single mention of Jews, Zionists, or any other anti semitism

'Big Banks' is definately an allusion to Jewish bankers. You can't come right out and say stuff about how the Jews control money since the Rothschilds, you just use 'Big Banks". It is subtle, but a very real underlying subtext. It's like saying neo-con when people really have issue with conservative Jews.

I'm sure you'll disagree with me, but the thinly veiled anti-semitism in the Occupy Wall Street protests was something I think never got the coverage it should.

FWIW, I'm Catholic- I don't have a dog in the fight.

He starts off on the rant and then settles into what I think would have been a very good line to follow more fully, the rape of the woman in India. When Piers starts in on his specific questions, he should have countered with if Piers wanted more women raped.

SMETNA
01-09-13, 03:05
'Big Banks' is definately an allusion to Jewish bankers. You can't come right out and say stuff about how the Jews control money since the Rothschilds, you just use 'Big Banks". It is subtle, but a very real underlying subtext. It's like saying neo-con when people really have issue with conservative Jews.

You can't find words and meanings that aren't there. That's no different than clowns on the left saying that anyone who complains about the explosion in food stamp recipients under this administration is really just a black-hater. C'mon. It's horse shit.

And for what it's worth, the Rockefellers and Rothschilds aren't Jewish.

J-Dub
01-09-13, 07:17
No it had nothing to do with jews. It had everything to do with the mega banks like....Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo.

Just look at what they're doing in Europe. They run this country as well. Look at what they got during the "bailout".

Im sorry this government is so corrupt right now its disgusting. And now they want to disarm the peasants. Get ready folks, cause they're not playing anymore. The Globalists are going to turn up the heat.

SMETNA
01-09-13, 07:20
No it had nothing to do with jews. It had everything to do with the mega banks like....Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo.

Just look at what they're doing in Europe.

Exactly. Mario Monty is a former Goldman Sachs player.

J-Dub
01-09-13, 07:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYAF9qRE8s0&list=UUvsye7V9psc-APX6wV1twLg

Business_Casual
01-09-13, 07:34
I still think far more people know about and discussed RGIII's knee than this show.

bc

Sry0fcr
01-09-13, 08:09
I still think far more people know about and discussed RGIII's knee than this show.

bc

Probably. But the people watching Piers are probably more likely to vote...

montanadave
01-09-13, 08:16

bc

I'm sure you're right. But the salient point here is that there is going to be a national debate on gun control, there are going to be significant gun control measures promoted by the White House and members of Congress, and the pro-gun control movement will be prepared to counter the lobbying efforts of the NRA and other pro-2A groups with a very carefully crafted and well-funded PR campaign.

And who do you think is going to show up on the pro-gun control 30 second ad spots funded by Bloomberg and others, right alongside all those sweet-faced kids murdered at Sandy Hook? That's right, clips of folks like Alex Jones losing it on CNN. Bloomberg has already committed to spending A LOT of his own money in this effort, they will hire THE BEST public relations and advertising firms to craft their message, and they will make a HUGE media buy to get that message on the airwaves.

A handful of people saw Alex Jones on CNN the other night. Millions are going to see Alex Jones (carefully edited clips taken out of context and presenting him in the absolute worst light) when this gun control debate hits full stride. As others have said, Jones gave the pro-gun control exactly the kind of "ammo" they're looking for.

I'm guessing when Bloomberg, Feinstein, and the Brady Campaign saw clips of that segment, this was their response: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF7OnW4XDck

djmorris
01-09-13, 08:21
I think you'll be surprised. I would not expect to see a whole lot of media coverage of Alex Jones even casting him in a bad light. The media does not want to "turn people on" to him or give his website(s) anymore hits than they already get. Remember, his ideas are "dangerous" !!

Scoby
01-09-13, 08:31
I could not watch Jones more than a few minutes. The ranting, overtalking, interuptions.......that kind of thing drives me nuts.
His message may be good but his delivery stinks. Not someone I think should be an ambassador for the 2A cause.

This is how you make a point and then drive it home.

Thanks Moose

Waylander
01-09-13, 08:38
I could not watch Jones more than a few minutes. The ranting, overtalking, interuptions.......that kind of thing drives me nuts.
His message may be good but his delivery stinks.

Actually only the 2A part and anti big bank parts of his message are good. He was exposed as a 9/11 truther so now everyone that didn't know he was batshit now is seeing it on the front page. The 2A and anti-bank stuff is just part of his New World Order conspiracy message and he's borderline anarchist.

Jesse Ventura has class but you won't be seeing that interview anymore because he made too much sense and got too much applause from the audience.

From another site...

I think we can all agree that Piers Morgan is an asshole and a hack who should probably be rotting in a British prison instead of hosting a television show.

We just got rid of the cunt, we don't want him back :lol:

J-Dub
01-09-13, 09:10
Its laughable how Morgan is now crying about how Jones yelled at him, when Morgan has been doing this to EVERY Pro 2A guest on his show.

**** CNN and Morgan.

Notice how fast he changed the subject when Jones brought up Fast and Furious. See WE cant have semi autos, but the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT can ship FULL AUTO real assault weapons to the Sinaloa cartel to blame the 2A.

Stay frosty folks, its only going to get worse before it gets better. The jellyfish wouldnt have it any other way........

J-Dub
01-09-13, 09:14
This is the real news CNN puts out....live from SA....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTWY14eyMFg

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-09-13, 09:41
You can't find words and meanings that aren't there. That's no different than clowns on the left saying that anyone who complains about the explosion in food stamp recipients under this administration is really just a black-hater. C'mon. It's horse shit.

And for what it's worth, the Rockefellers and Rothschilds aren't Jewish.

If the Rothschilds aren't Jewish, they converted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothschild_family

The New World Order and One Government stuff is full of Jewish conspiracy elements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_(conspiracy_theory)

Twelve mentions of Jews in that article.

Just look at what they're doing in Europe. They run this country as well. Look at what they got during the "bailout".

Im sorry this government is so corrupt right now its disgusting. And now they want to disarm the peasants. Get ready folks, cause they're not playing anymore. The Globalists are going to turn up the heat.

I'm not saying that Jones is an anti-semite, I don't know his postions that well. But a common theme against big banks, world govt and powerful elites controlling everything has a anti-semitic flavor to it. To deny that is to ignore the facts and the history of these movements.

Because they have moved this to a battle against corporations and Big Banks the base anti-semitism can be shoved deep down so that I bet most OWS types aren't even aware of it.

If I were Jewish, these OWS attacks and movements woulds scare the crap out of me

J-Dub
01-09-13, 09:55
If I were Jewish, these OWS attacks and movements woulds scare the crap out of me

Then you'd be an idiot that just happens to be Jewish.

Its not about any race or religion. Its about globalists taking over our country and paying off our politicians to take OUR RIGHTS and destroy our economy.

WHY? So they can do to us, what they're doing to Europe.

But keep up with the anti jewish stuff. Keep up with the kook shit.

When we're all having to hand over our firearms it wont be very funny anymore.

glocktogo
01-09-13, 11:24
Nothing that's happening is a race, religion, ethnic or nationality issue. What we're facing is a dedicated group of people indoctrinated in Progressive (formerly Communist) ideals. They've been busy for decades inculcating the general public that their ideals don't conflict with the Constitution (they do) and that we live in a Democracy (we live in a Constitutional Republic). Their entire premise it based upon trust in and reliance upon government for all socio-economic solutions.

Those of us who understand history recognize the flaws and fallacies of this premise. That doesn't matter at all. What matters is that they're winning. Every time a Progressive says "Democracy" we have to stop them and reiterate that we don't live in a democracy. Every time they mention "need", we need to stop them and reiterate that need isn't a valid question. Every time they say "sportsmen", we need to stop them and reiterate that the 2A has nothing at all to do with hunting.

Every time someone mentions gun control as a solution, we need to agree that it's an option (a poor one), and point out that our Constitutional Republic has in place a mechanism for implementation of such. All they have to do is Amend the Constitution and proceed after they've done so. Everything flows from that.

What our country needs right now more than anything are lessons in civics and citizenship. We have to stop demonizing each other and reach across the aisle to build consensus with those non-Progressive elements of the Democratic party to refute the gun-grabbers. Demonize the message, not the person delivering it.

As much as I despise Morgan and his ilk, we have to learn how to effectively counter them. Jones can't do it, but we can.

Waylander
01-09-13, 12:48
Actually I have managed to get two antis to switch sides. Yeah they resisted but finally acknowledged the logic they were up against and now are firmly pro 2nd A. Now I'm just one guy. Imagine if we are able to each just affect 2 people and get them to come to our side. Then they each get 2 people. Yeah it may be a long shot, but it's one worth taking.

The arguments we are facing is that 2A much like 1A isn't an absolute right. Strongly anti 2A people argue that owning a gun for self defense and especially ARs vs. the "well regulated militia" is as dangerous as the exceptions to 1A.

More sensible gun control people (even some hunters and bench rest shooters for example) don't believe it's an absolute right either. Some of them would throw us under the bus just to keep their hunting and bench guns. They ask the same question..."why do you NEED an 'assault' rifle?" We know it isn't about need but it's a 2A RIGHT. How do you convince someone that it isn't about the need it's about the right other than giving them a lecture on the BofR and liberty?

JSantoro
01-09-13, 14:15
Jesse Ventura has class

Jesse Ventura is 1) also a Truther, and 2) got KTFO by an NSW gent for telling a bar full of NSW gents that the fallen NSW comrade for whom they were holding the wake...

...deserved what he got....

..., and has other less-visible but equally nasty habits. Whatever he has is probably better defined as psychopathy, not class.

The psychopath can appear normal, even charming. Underneath, they lack conscience and empathy, making them manipulative, volatile and often (but by no means always) criminal.

Him having good diction doesn't make him the spokesman those that fully support the 2nd Amendment deserve.

With Ventura (clearly unlike Jones), one needs to bite past the sweet candy coating to get to the peanuts-and-nuget-covered crazy that lurks within.

Waylander
01-09-13, 14:20
Jesse Ventura is 1) also a Truther, and 2) got KTFO by an NSW gent for telling a bar full of NSW gents that the fallen NSW comrade for whom they were holding the wake...

..., and has other less-visible but equally nasty habits. Whatever he has is probably better defined as psychopathy, not class.

Him having good diction doesn't make him the spokesman those that fully support the 2nd Amendment deserve.

With Ventura (clearly unlike Jones), one needs to bite past the sweet candy coating to get to the peanuts-and-nuget-covered crazy that lurks within.

I should have said he showed class in the interview and didn't take away from his points by getting sucked into the truther argument and acting like a psycho.

tb-av
01-09-13, 14:34
The arguments we are facing is that 2A much like 1A isn't an absolute right. Strongly anti 2A people argue that owning a gun for self defense and especially ARs vs. the "well regulated militia" is as dangerous as the exceptions to 1A.

That's because they need to equate it to anything malleable. They are dealing with a rock. They need you to accept considering it as perhaps a tree or sand.

Same thing you hear on all the Sun. talk shows. "Let's say the 2A didn't exist"

"I support the 2A for hunters" "the founders never could have imagined"

All lies.... the next time someone says that I wish whomever they are speaking to just stops and says... "OK, let's pretend like you were never born, so your question can't exist" " Now let's just read the 2A again. Simple, the government has no right to prevent us from guns to defend ourselves as we see fit. End of story. Everything else is an attack on the Constitution and should be dealt with accordingly.

We are hostages in our own land.

SMETNA
01-09-13, 14:38

Actually: Ventura is so adamant that this tale never occurred that he's currently engaged in a lawsuit against the NSW gent for libel/slander. So I suggest that we hold our opinions on that until a jury determines who is the liar?

VooDoo6Actual
01-09-13, 14:49

with all due respect, I would like to see conclusive proof (of Mr. NSW "CK's" claims or bonafides).

Don't have a Dawg in this either way, but I expect better "offer of proof" from this site than bar room brawl / Sabre rattlin' etc...

J-Dub
01-09-13, 15:28
Actually: Ventura is so adamant that this tale never occurred that he's currently engaged in a lawsuit against the NSW gent for libel/slander. So I suggest that we hold our opinions on that until a jury determines who is the liar?

Not only is he taking it to court, he has stated that the owner of the bar stated it never happened.

I have a feeling that dude needed to move some books, and the neocons on Foxnews ate it up.

Ventura himself stated if in fact it did happen, the guy would be on the hook for battery.....

But I forgot, even though its happened and been proved NUMEROUS times throughout history.....dont ever think the government could turn a blind eye and let things occur that would benefit them. Because if you do, you're just a "truther nutcase"........

Scoby
01-09-13, 15:36

It wasn't just how he spoke, it was what he had to say and, he took no shit from Morgan.

But I agree, there has to be better spokesmen than Jones or Ventura at the forefront of this issue.

Moose-Knuckle
01-09-13, 15:56
This is the real news CNN puts out....live from SA....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTWY14eyMFg

I wished more people could see behind the scenes of what really goes on off air. It's all fabricated, might as well be watching a prime time drama or soap opera for the "truth". Ever see the uncut tape where Bush 43 is laughing and cutting up and then goes right into character and addresses the nation on the evening of 11 September 2001?

More like imposters. The Rothschilds claim that they are Jewish, when in fact they are Khazars. There are a number of books on the matter but I digress.

Caeser25
01-09-13, 17:09
It's really no different than what Piers did to Larry Pratt from GOA. CNN knew exactly what they were doing when they had him on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avOV6_42xe4

RogerinTPA
01-09-13, 18:50
with all due respect, I would like to see conclusive proof (of Mr. NSW "CK's" claims or bonafides).

Don't have a Dawg in this either way, but I expect better "offer of proof" from this site than bar room brawl / Sabre rattlin' etc...

No dog in this fight either but I did see an interview with a former SEAL sniper (Chris Kyle) who was promoting his new book (American Sniper) on the O'rielly Factor, claiming that he was the one who decked Ventura and ran out of the bar before the cops showed up. Though he never mentioned Ventura by name in his book, he admitted it "on air" and is now part of a defamation law suit against him by Ventura, who claimed the incident never happened.

Google produced this:

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_22234453/jesse-ventura-lawsuit-against-ex-navy-seal-will

Chris Kyle wrote that he decked someone he called "Scruff Face" for being disrespectful at a California bar in October 2006. The book doesn't name Ventura, but Kyle has acknowledged in interviews that "Scruff Face" is Ventura.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/what-caused-a-navy-seal-to-punch-jesse-ventura-in-the-face/

Cagemonkey
01-09-13, 19:36

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothschild_family

The New World Order and One Government stuff is full of Jewish conspiracy elements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_(conspiracy_theory)

Twelve mentions of Jews in that article.

I'm not saying that Jones is an anti-semite, I don't know his postions that well. But a common theme against big banks, world govt and powerful elites controlling everything has a anti-semitic flavor to it. To deny that is to ignore the facts and the history of these movements.

Because they have moved this to a battle against corporations and Big Banks the base anti-semitism can be shoved deep down so that I bet most OWS types aren't even aware of it.

If I were Jewish, these OWS attacks and movements woulds scare the crap out of me Very touchy issue. Hard to avoid the facts concerning the frequency that Jewish names seem to appear in Politics, Media, Banking and intelligentsia. I feel one needs to make a differentiation between Jews and Zionists. www.jewsagainstzionism.com/ One also has to realize that the common interpretation of anti-semitic is not very accurate or precise. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semetic. Just some food for thought.

VooDoo6Actual
01-09-13, 20:35
No dog in this fight either but I did see an interview with a former SEAL sniper (Chris Kyle) who was promoting his new book (American Sniper) on the O'rielly Factor, claiming that he was the one who decked Ventura and ran out of the bar before the cops showed up. Though he never mentioned Ventura by name in his book, he admitted it "on air" and is now part of a defamation law suit against him by Ventura, who claimed the incident never happened.

Google produced this:

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_22234453/jesse-ventura-lawsuit-against-ex-navy-seal-will

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/what-caused-a-navy-seal-to-punch-jesse-ventura-in-the-face/

Yep, got all that & more. Even read some of the current trial notes in Minn. All legal posturing etc so far.
I noticed he was protmoting a new book & CK also reps for Kryptek Camo etc.
As I said heard all the usual aqusations & Sabre rattlin' etc long ago . I know most Frogs would handle this at the muster on the beach. I know the bar McP's irish Pub it happened at as well.

I also know people "flat out lie" on either side.

I have not seen any conclusive evidence yet of either sides' version of alledged events, the veracity of those alledged events or confirmation of truth.

As I mentioned I don't have a Dawg in this fight BUT I hate to see bad info being tossed around carelessly w/o prima facia evidence thus far.

Seen it happen here as well & I don't even know these people.

djmorris
01-10-13, 07:53
For what it's worth I don't think anyone is viewing Jones or Ventura as a "spokesperson" for the 2A. They did an interview on CNN. Big deal. So have plenty of other 2A supporters.

As far as them being "truthers", who actually believes that a bunch of muslims with boxcutters planned and executed 9/11 without the help of our government, or at the very least criminal elements of our government? This is old news, guys. You need to cut down on the CNN and FauxNews because your critical thinking skills are very lacking. I understand it doesn't paint a pretty picture and it's certainly not the kind of world that we want our kids to grow up in, but that's the situation we're dealing with.

At the end of the day, Ventura and Jones are pro constitution and deserve far more respect than anyone in office right now, or that big sham named Piers Morgan.

Koshinn
01-10-13, 08:20
As far as them being "truthers", who actually believes that a bunch of muslims with boxcutters planned and executed 9/11 without the help of our government, or at the very least criminal elements of our government? This is old news, guys. You need to cut down on the CNN and FauxNews because your critical thinking skills are very lacking.

You know what's a great way to gain public support for gun rights? Criticizing others because they can't see the obvious truth... of a conspiracy theory... on something totally unrelated.

You're just going to drive away people who only use tin foil to wrap up food, which is the majority of the population.

I also think you're vastly underestimating the intelligence of "a bunch of muslims." Seeing what they do in Afghanistan and how quickly they adapt their ttps to ours shows anything but a lack of intelligence.

Littlelebowski
01-10-13, 08:21
As far as them being "truthers", who actually believes that a bunch of muslims with boxcutters planned and executed 9/11 without the help of our government, or at the very least criminal elements of our government?

Me. I guess my critical thinking skills just aren't as good as yours.

SMETNA
01-10-13, 08:26
As far as them being "truthers", who actually believes that a bunch of muslims with boxcutters planned and executed 9/11 without the help of our government, or at the very least criminal elements of our government?

I wouldn't say I "believe" that, but I wouldn't completely dismiss it either. There are some very evil, very powerful men out there.

At the end of the day, Ventura and Jones are pro constitution and deserve far more respect than anyone in office right now

Agreed

additions in blue

Littlelebowski
01-10-13, 08:56
You know what's a great way to gain public support for gun rights? Criticizing others because they can't see the obvious truth... of a conspiracy theory... on something totally unrelated.

You're just going to drive away people who only use tin foil to wrap up food, which is the majority of the population.

I also think you're vastly underestimating the intelligence of "a bunch of muslims." Seeing what they do in Afghanistan and how quickly they adapt their ttps to ours shows anything but a lack of intelligence.

Well said.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

djmorris
01-10-13, 09:35

I never claimed that muslims were somehow stupid or less intelligent than us so that's all I have to say 'bout that.

It's very clear that shows like Piers Morgan, Bill O'Riley, and have successfully warped your thinking which is why you're mocking me with all this tinfoil hat stuff. Believe it or not, I'm a normal guy just like the rest of you.

Also, I am not trying to gain support for gun rights on a gun forum. I'm pretty sure that we're all on the same side. I just try to state a little truth every now and then to spark peoples curiosity, perhaps encourage them to do some independent research rather than believing everything they hear on the mainstream news.. THEN, draw your own conclusions.

Have any of you ever considered that perhaps there is some truth to these "crazy conspiracy theories" ? Granted some people do go a little too far finding a conspiracy within a conspiracy within a conspiracy. But, how can you dismiss these "theories" without having any actual knowledge of it? I think the "official story" is nothing more than a conspiracy theory and you should take [I]your tinfoil hat off. There is far more evidence that the evil muslims were not behind 9/11 than the opposite but you will just roll your eyes at this and think "yeah right".

Me. I guess my critical thinking skills just aren't as good as yours.

No sir. If anything you simply have not done your research and you're following the crowd - believing what these scheming rich folk tell you to believe. You seem like an intelligent dude and I encourage you to do some research of your own that does not include the likes of CNN, FauxNews, MSNBC, etc.

I find it interesting that you folks are so quick to mock and ridicule me based on my opinion that I have formed after doing my own independent, unbiased research. It's like me going into a mechanics shop, laughing at him, and telling him "You're wrong! you're an idiot!!" based on what I watched on television. My point is: I'm quite educated on this subject and I do not just believe everything I hear or what the TV tells me. I cannot say the same for some of you folks, however.

Littlelebowski
01-10-13, 09:40
I'm quite certain that you are sure you've done your research and know more than anyone who disagrees with you, despite the fact that there are a few "mechanics" right here in this shop. You keep on telling folk how they're wrong and how much you know because of Google. See you elsewhere unless you end up on my Ignore list. Don't bother responding to me in any fashion as I'm just following the crowd.

djmorris
01-10-13, 09:59
I'm quite certain that you are sure you've done your research and know more than anyone who disagrees with you, despite the fact that there are a few "mechanics" right here in this shop. You keep on telling folk how they're wrong and how much you know because of Google. See you elsewhere unless you end up on my Ignore list. Don't bother responding to me in any fashion as I'm just following the crowd.

I wasn't aware that Google qualifies as research, but okay. Nice assumptions buddy.

What's up with the attitude? You're going to put me on your ignore list because we have different political views? This is a perfect example of how everybody responds to anyone who dare questions what the mainstream media drills into our little heads.

Sorry if I offended you or whatever but do you really need to be so rude and disrespectful?