PDA

View Full Version : Armscor 55g Bullets

StewDaddy
01-07-13, 23:51
So i have never reloaded with armscor bullets but they where cheap on midway I bought 8k of the 55g and 8k of the 62g any tips or advice on these bullets has anyone used this brand before? I will be loading in LC brass with H335 and wolf primers.

markm
01-08-13, 06:55
I will be loading in LC brass with H335 and wolf primers.

Depending on which flavor/production run of Wolf you have, H335 may not ignite reliably.

As far as the bullets.... Nothing special. Seat them to the cannalure and reference Hodgdon's load data for safe ammo.

SouthGA
01-11-13, 20:25
I have in the last few weeks loaded and shot a 55gr Armscor, with H335 and LC brass with consistent results.

I don't know about posting the load used but 100 or so rounds shot consistent when punching paper at 50 yds.

This was using the CCI #41 primers.

HackerF15E
01-11-13, 20:52
I ignored the cannelure placement -- which was inconsistent -- and just loaded to OAL. I loaded a bunch into Tula and Wolf cases over Varget and CCI primers.

Very nice shooting load, and accurate enough for my plinking.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Hacker15E/4A1283CC-D624-4AD9-8742-A10414708BA8-10957-00000D1F03CF5428.jpg

1dawg
01-21-13, 19:54
I am researching relaoding(learning all i can) before i buy any equipment and start. My question is i thought all of the Tula,Wolf, and other steel cased ammo was non-re loadable? Do they make brass cased stuff?

robfromsc
01-21-13, 20:50
Some of it is inconsistent. Weight and canalure location. Won't win any matches but good for killing paper.

1dawg
01-21-13, 21:16
Does ti load the same as brass or are there additional steps. i am only asking so many questions as i have about 250 rounds of Wolf steel cases that i picked up when shooting i am very OCD and pick up every round of pistol rifle or shotgun, even though i do not reload( not yet anyway). Thanks for your help it would be great if i could save these cases as well. I am very late into the AR crowd. Bought my first one mid December. Now i can not get hardly any ammo for it and i am afraid to shoot much due to all of the shortages and craziness.

markm
01-22-13, 07:19
Does ti load the same as brass or are there additional steps.

I tried it and hated it. The brass resize die setting wouldn't squeeze the steel back into spec.

That experiment solidified my choice to never even fire steel in my ARs. The cases just don't behave the same as real brass.

HackerF15E
01-22-13, 08:50
Does ti load the same as brass or are there additional steps.

There are only two things I do differently when performing case prep on steel: I blow them dry with compressed air as soon as they come out of the wet tumble in stainless pins, and I don't re-tumble them after sizing so as to retain a little lube on the cases as extra rust protectant.

Other than that, they size, trim, and load exactly the same as brass and have never had any issues that were any different than any brass I deal with. I am using some old RCBS small-base .223 dies that have multi tens of thousands of rounds through them, and have no problem resizing steel. I get nice neck tension and no problems in any AR-15 I have ever shot those loads in. I reload Tula and some Wolf cases (the ones that are boxer, which is the minority of them these days).

markm
01-22-13, 09:03
The die I tried this with was Dillon's carbide sizer. The ammo looks GREAT in the pic above... but my sizer was fussy with the steel.

Airhasz
01-22-13, 10:21
I am researching relaoding(learning all i can) before i buy any equipment and start. My question is i thought all of the Tula,Wolf, and other steel cased ammo was non-re loadable? Do they make brass cased stuff?

Steel sucks, stick to brass...

HackerF15E
01-22-13, 15:50
Steel sucks, stick to brass...

It may "suck", but there are people who don't have access to significant amounts of 5.56/.223 brass, but do have lots of range pick-up steel that is recent and not corroded.

1dawg
01-22-13, 20:40
That would be me. I hope to start loading and this would be a good way for me to get started as I only have about 50 rounds of brass cases.

markm
01-23-13, 06:58
That would be me. I hope to start loading and this would be a good way for me to get started as I only have about 50 rounds of brass cases.

How is that even humanly possible? :p

I was trying to PULL PRVI ammo apart yesterday to get the brass and bullets. That garbage has some serious neck tension. I couldn't get my collet puller to grip the bullet tight enough.

I might have to shoot the trash. :(

1dawg
01-23-13, 11:26
I could only find wolf ammo. The brass that I have is from a friend that does not reload. Hey Markm, send that privi to me, I will shoot it and send the brass back. I just got my AR and I need some range time.