PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Gun Form Letters to send to your elected officials

Moltke
01-08-13, 13:04
I'd like to have some form letters that people can send to their elected officials easily. Please put messages in this thread that you can copy/paste, edit, or otherwise enhance to send to your representatives. I'll repost mine here and have already seen a few scattered through a half dozen threads, so if you'd like to post or repost yours then please do so. Keep your letters positive, well thought out, logical and let your representatives know exactly what you expect from them. Use this link (http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml) to find out who your elected officials are and make it a point to contact each and every one of them. Send multiple letters and ask them what they intend to do (that's why this thread exists).

If you don't agree with what a letter says then edit it out, and make it your own, but make sure to keep sending pro-gun messages because you can be damned sure that the news, facebook, and twitter is alive with constant anti-gun chatter. Don't sit on the sidelines and watch this happen, do something about it.

Here's mine:

------------------------------------------------------------

Dear __________

There is a gun control debate going on right now and instead of restricting the rights of good people you should consider the following.

As my representative you need to work towards 5 key things that I believe will enhance the safety of the citizens you are elected by and sworn to protect, and reject gun control. Gun control as a means of public safety is an ineffective means of preventing violence. It has not deterred violence or shootings in the areas of the country where guns are most restricted, and all it has effectively accomplished is to disarm responsible law abiding citizens. Since it's inception gun control has been a political mechanism to make people "feel safe" without actually making them any safer, and by pursuing traditional gun control you are doing your constituency a huge dis-service. Here are some things that can be focused on to ensure that the only people who have guns are the responsible law abiding citizens.

For starters you need to -

1) Restructure mental health reporting requirements and the privacy act restrictions related thereto. Make it impossible for a mentally unstable person to purchase a firearm from a gunstore.
2) Restructure juvenile criminal reporting requirements and the privacy restrictions related thereto. Make it impossible for a juvenile criminal to have their record wiped clean at 18 years old, and then be able to go to a gunstore and buy a firearm.
3) Restrict the ownership of firearms from people who are not American citizens. Many firearms bought by immigrants or aliens end up in the hands of criminals and gangs, especially in border states.
4) Enact a national concealed carry reciprocity law that will force each and every state to recognize a certified concealed carry permit holder's license, just as if it is a driver's license or marriage license.
5) Get rid of "gun free zones" as they are easy targets for criminals and cowards, and have been for decades. Let certified concealed carry holders be armed in these former gun free zones and encourage teachers to get training, and also carry a gun. This should not only be allowed but encouraged.

Please respond to my suggestions, and as a constituent I expect you to protect my right to keep and bear arms. Reject gun control, including, but not limited to:

* Reject gun bans of any sort
* Reject bans on magazines and gun accessories
* Reject taxes on ammunition
* Reject background checks on private sales of firearms
* Reject restrictions on purchase, transfer, carry, discharge, or storage of firearms
* Reject restrictions and undue burdens/requirements on gun stores, gun shows, hunt clubs or firing ranges
* Reject creation of any more "gun-free zones" (we need to eliminate all such existing zones)

I will be watching your actions on gun control carefully and you will lose my support if you support any more gun control.

Sincerely, ______________

DreadPirateMoyer
01-08-13, 13:28
There's a few in the thread linked in my signature. Feel free to grab them and post/copy/spread them as necessary. :)

usmcvet
01-08-13, 18:21
Excellent. We have similar posts going. I have a link to the NRA' ILA web site. I agree we need to get organized and let our officials know we are Voters and how we feel!

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=120903

usmcvet
01-08-13, 18:25
Can we sticky this?