PDA

View Full Version : Mega Arms comments about supply

AKDoug
01-08-13, 17:20
I would imagine that many manufacturers are in the same boat. I know I have read comments in multiple threads wondering why companies just don't ramp up production to meet demand. I do not envy any of these small businesses' positions. If you've ever seen the tour of the Noveske shop video, you'd realize how small many of these guys actually are. This fight is not just about the 2nd Amendment, it's about defending an entire American industry that is actually successful and prospering.

http://www.facebook.com/MegaArms

We here at MEGA understand everyone’s frustration with the high demand and low supply of our products. Please let us explain what is causing the current situation.
We are currently running 24/7 at our facility. Unfortunately we do not have any more floor space within the facility we occupy, so it’s not as easy as buying machines and “hitting go”. In the few weeks before the recent tragedy we were just weeks away from acquiring a new facility and more machinery. This would be a financial commitment that would take years to recoup. The machines we use range in cost from 400k-1million dollars, not including tooling, operators and training.
We have determined that due to the attitude of the current administration, it would not be fiscally responsible or in the best interests of our valued employees to take the risk of adding a new facility. We value our employees and do not want open a new facility, and hire a new crew to then turn around and lay them off if there is new legislation passed.
We hope that all of our customers and fans understand. We will continue to do our best to get parts out to you guys.
We also encourage anyone who comes across one of our “authorized dealers” (on our website) price gouging to contacts us via email @ sales@megaarms.com
Thanks for your support!
Mega Arms

Airhasz
01-08-13, 17:28
Nice to hear it straight from the horses mouth.

usmcvet
01-08-13, 18:16
Good to hear. Mega is on my list of good guys.

Moose-Knuckle
01-08-13, 18:18
As it has been stated here many times, any new gun control measures will be devastating to the industry. Many will have no choice but to close up shop.

usmcvet
01-08-13, 18:25
As it has been stated here many times, any new gun control measures will be devastating to the industry. Many will have no choice but to close up shop.

Very true. The good thing I see here is the industry is so much larger than it speaks in '94. There are also many more shooters than we had in '94 and we have sites like m4c and we can leverage the power of the Internet. Write your elected officials and tell like minded friends and family to do the same.

Use these links. Please, it is very important.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=120903

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1497212&posted=1#post1497212

Suwannee Tim
01-08-13, 19:39
A problem with ramping up production is that it takes time, money and effort that could be spent on production. Another problem is the uncertainty involved in making an investment in productive capacity that may be worthless if the product is banned or severely regulated.