PDA

View Full Version : anyone hear of tactical rifles.net?....

jayjaytuner
02-28-08, 23:00
im about to order a custom rifle m40 in 308. I know theres a few really good riflemakers......i stumbled upon this website, & they seem like they put out some really good rifles.......
does anyone have any experince with these guys?
My other choices would possibly be ga precision (similar in price) and iron brigade armory (death from afar)
the last being the most expensive of the bunch

i like tactical rifles 1/2 gaurantee with factory ammo!!

Im just a hobbiest, mainly target shooting out to 600 yards., But have teh gas for a nice custom rifle that can shoot 1 hole groups!

any comments etc apreciated!
Jason

Seth Harness
02-29-08, 06:05
im about to order a custom rifle m40 in 308. I know theres a few really good riflemakers......i stumbled upon this website, & they seem like they put out some really good rifles.......
My other choices would possibly be ga precision (similar in price) and iron brigade armory (death from afar)

Im just a hobbiest, mainly target shooting out to 600 yards., But have teh gas for a nice custom rifle that can shoot 1 hole groups!

Jason

About six months ago I tried to get some info on their M40 300 I think it is. That thread now has 301 hits with no reply. GOOD LUCK.

I called and talked to them personally. They are very cofident in their rifles, and very nice people. From what I have heard their rifles are superb.

jayjaytuner
02-29-08, 07:37
About six months ago I tried to get some info on their M40 300 I think it is. That thread now has 301 hits with no reply. GOOD LUCK.

I called and talked to them personally. They are very cofident in their rifles, and very nice people. From what I have heard their rifles are superb.

Yea, i talked to them on the phone they definitly seemed like nice ppl, and very confident about there rifles!
figured i'd see if anyone had any experience or not with em., guess i cant go wrong with either one of these guys

Josh-L
03-01-08, 01:14
While they have lots of reviews on their own website I have yet to find lots of info on them elsewhere. My buddy at another PD recently ordered one from them though but has to wait 6 months on the McM stock. Personally, I'm a Surgeon Rifles groupie.

jayjaytuner
03-01-08, 09:06
While they have lots of reviews on their own website I have yet to find lots of info on them elsewhere. My buddy at another PD recently ordered one from them though but has to wait 6 months on the McM stock. Personally, I'm a Surgeon Rifles groupie.

Them surgeon's look nice!! Do they do custom builds? or do you have to settle on there different models? what are there current wait time?

Josh-L
03-01-08, 18:31
Yeah they do custom builds too. Recently I think they are running about a 4 to 5 week turn around.

Call and talk to the owner Preston and tell him Josh from OKC and AO Tactical told you to call him.

Just to clarify too, I have no experience with tacticalrifles.net I just was going off what my buddy found out when he was researching his new rifle. I didn't like how they didn't give a detailed list of parts they used either.

Preston and the guys at Surgeon are some of the nicest people I've met. Last time I was there I got to tour the shop and they walked me through the whole process. I don't know of very many other shops that would do that.

jayjaytuner
03-01-08, 19:06
Yeah they do custom builds too. Recently I think they are running about a 4 to 5 week turn around.

Call and talk to the owner Preston and tell him Josh from OKC and AO Tactical told you to call him.

Just to clarify too, I have no experience with tacticalrifles.net I just was going off what my buddy found out when he was researching his new rifle. I didn't like how they didn't give a detailed list of parts they used either.

Preston and the guys at Surgeon are some of the nicest people I've met. Last time I was there I got to tour the shop and they walked me through the whole process. I don't know of very many other shops that would do that.

yea i'll have to give them a call monday, thats quite a fast turnaround time!!, course the mcmillan a5 stock i want is prob gonna be a bit of a wait
jason

Josh-L
03-01-08, 22:59
You never know they may have the stock you want in stock!

Also if you decide to have someone else build your rifle but want a Surgeon action I am a dealer also and will try and hook you up. They are only 45 minutes away from me.

Seth Harness
03-02-08, 06:49
I have a stock rem model 700 .300 mag that I wanted them to build for me also. I really couldnt decide if I wanted them to build it or Rock Creek, as I have heard alot of good thing about mike rock barrels.

Seth Harness
03-20-08, 20:55
Before you buy (if you havent already) you should check out Tac Ops rifles. Pretty impressive, 1/4" MOA guaranteed.

Semi_auto
03-28-08, 15:24

Jason

Exceptional rifle from an exceptional company. Had a chance to shoot their M40 and the accuracy was as advertised. No too sure about the ammo as we used Black Hills.

usaffarmer
03-29-08, 02:22
Ive been talking to Chris at Tactical rifles for about a week and he has been more than willing to answer any of my questions. If you want info call him and they will send you the packet and email the packet to you as well.

Chris's # is 1-352-999-0493

As for a long wait on a McM stock, try to order one for yourself, I was quoted even longer than a 6 month wait.

hope that helps

jayjaytuner
03-31-08, 16:51
i lucked out on the mcmillan A5 stock............found one brand new on a for sale thread on another forum.........

so im pretty much just gathering everything i need, then mailing everything off when i have everything.....

i just ordered a bartlien barrel, they said about 10 weeks.

just ordered a jewell trigger as well, still need a badger ordnance M5 bottom metal, and need to save up a few bucks to order a new surgeon sa repeater action. can't wait!

im gonna try & see if surgeon will be willing to put the rifle together, but im not sure if they take on this type of work, or if they only build there own rifles/own parts.....if they wont do it, prob ga precision, or patriot arms.

jason

longshot
08-14-08, 12:10

Jason

I have one of Iron Brigades rifles. I get MOA with issued M118SB, Sub MOA with M118LR and Sub 1/2 MOA with my reloads. Those translate out to 1k with my farthest shot taken at 1150 yds. I don't own but have shot both a Robar and GA precision and found the results to be basically identical. It's just how much do you want to spend...?

CoCop
08-14-08, 20:54
Great customer service and attention to my needs.
Chris and David with Tactical Rifles were more then helpful with my purchase.
I chose the M40 in 308 and didn't have the long wait because I went with the McMillan A1-3 stock.
My rifle will be here next week.

gunwriter
08-27-08, 00:17
I had them build a rifle in .308, 20 inch barrel, vortex flash suppressor Badger bottom metal with detachable AI mags, A1 stock, oversized bolt handle looks great. It put 10 rounds into 2 inches at 600 yards at a prone match using Federal Gold Medal match, so it shoots quite well.

heijutsu
08-27-08, 07:42
I get my M-40 A5 in 300WSM in October. As every one has said they are very confident in their rifles and a number of magazines have reviewed them and all have given them excellent reviews.

platoonDaddy
12-02-13, 20:49
I realize this thread is 5 years old, this is where the search function led me. Any further reviews? Yes, their web site has them, but wanted an independent review.

Thanks

TheJawn
12-02-13, 21:01
I learned all I needed to know about tr.net from this blog post http://rationalgun.blogspot.com/2013/08/gun-forum-and-industry-drama-for-day.html?m=1

platoonDaddy
12-02-13, 21:11
I learned all I needed to know about tr.net from this blog post http://rationalgun.blogspot.com/2013/08/gun-forum-and-industry-drama-for-day.html?m=1

dang, what a powerful video!

Bowser
12-02-13, 22:18
Marc at Spartan Precision knows what's he talking about and does some of the best work out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRw1i6WTz2Y

superstratjunky
12-15-13, 18:47

:blink:

ptmccain
12-15-13, 18:51
You'd save yourself a lot of money and get a rifle right away by keeping an eye on the precision rifles for sale over at Sniper Hide.

madisonsfinest
12-15-13, 18:52
look it up on Snipershide. They get no love there.

ptmccain
12-18-13, 14:47
There is a thread at Sniper Hide (http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/223193-tacticalrifles-net.html) showing why TacticalRifles.net are a bunch of scum bags.

HD1911
12-21-13, 15:08
look it up on Snipershide. They get no love there.

And there's a Damn good reason for it.

sw1911
12-24-13, 14:33
avoid at all cost. found them thru sh and local forums. same story...horrible rifles

PalmettoPrecision
02-06-14, 14:37
I know this thread is a month old, but I felt the need to share this.

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/223193-tacticalrifles-net.html

This is just one single story, and there are more like it.

Avoid.

platoonDaddy
02-06-14, 16:50
I know this thread is a month old, but I felt the need to share this.

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/223193-tacticalrifles-net.html

This is just one single story, and there are more like it.

Avoid.

Dang, dang. How do they stay in business?

K9222
02-12-14, 05:48
Dang, dang. How do they stay in business?

That's a good question, there's been case after case of owners seeing the same problems, ie. shoddy bedding jobs, inconsistent lines, extruding bottom metal, poor crowning and just a lack of detail in everything they do.

When you run a business the way they do you can't help but get what you deserve in the end, its just unfortunate more people will be had before they put that last nail in their own coffin.

Don't be fooled either, you'll have a new member with 1-2 post start showing up saying how perfect their TR rifle is but they can't produce pictures or once the heat is put on them in the form of interrogation they stop posting cause Rooney realizes he's caught :sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

Ring
02-13-14, 13:20
the are suing SH... lol..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Snipers-Hide-LLC/368638077952?hc_location=timeline

Companies don't want you posting information about their poor customer service or issues with their products online. Even if you are a customer, they want it sweep under the rug. Believe me this is all about you the consumer and not me the site owner. It's easier to attack me in court then to follow up and find you, or to correct your problem.
Tactical Rifles, Inc. v. Soulie et al
Plaintiff: Tactical Rifles, Inc.
Defendant: Marc Soulie, Frank Galli and Snipers Hide, LLC.

Case Number: 6:2014cv00202
Filed: February 6, 2014

Court: Florida Middle District Court
Office: Orlando Office
County: Orange
Presiding Judge: Charlene Edwards Honeywell
Referring Judge: Gregory J. Kelly

Nature of Suit: Assault, Libel, and Slander
Cause of Action: 28:1332
Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff

taliv
02-13-14, 15:24
this can really only end one way:
it starts with TR.net's lawyers subpoenaing the entire db from SH, and reading millions of posts searching for evidence. The paralegals will mostly be distracted by the hot gf thread. and the lawyers getting paid
to read the rest of it will lose IQ points with each post at roughly 1.7x the rate of IQ loss from watching daytime TV. after the first million posts, they will have the mental capacity of a 13 yo, and by the time of the trial, TR's council won't even be able to speak in coherent sentences. Their case will fall apart. TR.net will hire another firm to sue the first firm for malpractice and a random customer for having unrealistic expectations. The first firm will sue LL for inflicting work-related repetitive stress injuries. LL will blame the PRS.

all i can say is jury selection is going to be pretty entertaining

ptmccain
02-13-14, 19:56
I'd love to read their lawyer's filing. How can we get a copy?

TurretGunner
02-14-14, 15:22
Help destroy them on social media and the rest of the net and shooting community. They are scum just like AAC, sei, ect.

TurretGunner
02-14-14, 15:23
Marc at Spartan Precision knows what's he talking about and does some of the best work out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRw1i6WTz2Y

They guy who bought that rifle had to spend $1400 with Spartan for them to fix a rifle from the factory. I repeat, he had to spend $1400 to fix a $5000 custom rifle that took over a year.

platoonDaddy
02-20-14, 06:30
Found out this week, that a friend purchased one back in Nov of 2012, 3K down and still hasn't received shipment date.

Passed this link onto him.

JWR075
02-23-14, 21:46
Seems that they are "known" also on Sniper Central and it is not that positive. I think for the cash I would get a GAP or Tac Ops.

platoonDaddy
02-24-14, 11:42
GunsAmerica getting into the fray (20Feb 2013 news article):

TacticalRifles.net Sues The Snipers Hide – The Truth About Internet Bullies

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/tacticalrifles-net-sues-the-snipers-hide-the-truth-about-internet-bullies/

Ring
02-24-14, 11:47
reading that, and his comments below when SH responded, its sounds more like he is acting as another shill for TR

also, the guy/company/gunsmith that made the above video, just posted in the SH thread on the subject, and is also named in the suit...

DreadPirateMoyer
02-24-14, 12:36
reading that, and his comments below when SH responded, its sounds more like he is acting as another shill for TR

also, the guy/company/gunsmith that made the above video, just posted in the SH thread on the subject, and is also named in the suit...

Yeah, GA is shilling for TR as well. This puts both tacticalrifles.net and Guns America on my shit-list, never to be visited again. The only people being internet bullies are them, using legal might and lies to try to silence their critics.

Please support SH in this, everyone. TR (and now GA) are scum.

brown3345
02-24-14, 14:33
Yep, Snipers Hide is getting sued for slander and what not for giving them a substandard review from one of their members. I would stay away from them like the plague.

platoonDaddy
02-24-14, 16:00
Pulled the following from:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/tacticalrifles-net-sues-the-snipers-hide-the-truth-about-internet-bullies/

Frank February 24, 2014 at 11:26 am

Though it really does seem consistent that in 2010 when David Rooney accused me of deleting his account back then, I replied:

Dear David Rooney,

Today i received your letter from the Law Offices of John Schwartz, and immediately after reading it one word comes to mind, laughable.

I would welcome the opportunity to defend any of those points in Federal Court, as we both know they are all false and in fact empty threats. Having a lawyer send a letter does not in anyway mean you have any grounds to stand on and in fact only burned any bridge leading to Sniper’s Hide you might have had a chance of crossing.

First point, there was not a single point of slander, I understand you had your surrogate post on many sites from Sniper’s Hide to Sniper Central, and M4Carbine in order to solicit interest about your rifles. However this back fired as the reputation as read on multiple forums points to an issue of Quality Control which has been experienced by me, first hand. In case you’re wondering my experience as an industry expert is well known and well regarded, so at no point did I or anyone else engage in public or private “slander” of you or your company. You may not have liked the “reviews” your rifles received, by end users, however these were all factual representations of actual experiences using them. The main point of slander is “falsely” and clearly nothing represented was false as I have a full class of witnesses which I would be happy to parade into Federal Court in order to prove my experience beyond any shadow of a doubt. I don’t think it would be hard to use the power of my forum to mine of those, other than myself who have had a some what questionable experience similar to mine.

As far as denying you access to defend your company on Sniper’s Hide, again this is completely false. You never attempted to once contact me on this matter or log onto Sniper’s Hide. I will remind you of the incident when a disgruntled employee attempted to attack Tactical Rifles and he was promptly removed by me without any word from you. Afterwards you had no problem reaching out to me giving me thanks for such actions. I happen to still have the email from 2008 when this took place and the exchange between you and I that followed. You are lying when you say you were denied access to the forum. There is no method to deny anyone access who doesn’t wish it, and nothing was put in place to block you. You were able to unleash a host of surrogates on Sniper’s Hide to speak on your behalf, including certain gun writers who reviewed your rifles. Also the original surrogate who wrote the original post was in contact with you as it was told to me that he forwarded my private message to him on to you. None of those people were prevented from posting and in fact I only closed the post and then deleted at your urging through a 3rd party.

Let’s face it, you knew how to reach me has evidence by a previous incident with one of your disgruntled employees, you were able to reach people who immediately called me and it was told to me you were going to “put some fear into me” with a letter from an attorney or something to that effect. This is nothing more than a emotional response to something out of your control and has no basis in the facts of the matter. It was 100% made up by you in an effort to force a position or change something you didn’t like and has no legal grounds. If you feel this matter does have legal standing I have an attorney in FLA and would be happy to sit across a table from you, as this isn’t my first rodeo and I will not let these blatant falsehoods stand undefended.

I sincerely hope this wasn’t your 2010 sales and marketing strategy, threatening the owner of the most popular Tactical Rifles forum on the internet, as I think you have failed completely in your efforts.

Good Day Sir,

Frank L. — Written in 2010, sound familiar ? It’s been online all that time.

EDIT with update and of course my opinion: GunsAmerica isn't shilling, the are in bed with TR. A shill would act & look as an objective person, but the Administrator replies to the negative comments, un-masked their true intent.

Ring
02-24-14, 18:35
Lol.... Bam!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

sw1911
02-26-14, 08:00
http://www.ammoland.com/2014/02/tactical-rifles-my-view-from-behind-the-stock/#comment-226847

ammoland is advertising for TR.net. let them know how you feel in the comments section.

JWR075
02-26-14, 11:54
There have been 2 more sites that have decided to support Frank and SH on this.

The Firearm Blog and 1911.com have both said that they support SH and or Frank.

ST911
02-26-14, 12:03
I think that discussion of substantive product and service issues has merit and is part of increasing our knowledge base and resource value. However, there is often a fine line between that and simply importing interweb drama and the issues from other forums. As this thread moves forward, consider thread content and your contributions with these things in mind.

platoonDaddy
02-28-14, 16:16
Found out this week, that a friend purchased one back in Nov of 2012, 3K down and still hasn't received shipment date.

Passed this link onto him.

Yes, I am quoting myself to give you a reference.

Asked him yesterday, if he has called for an update, the following is his reply:

I have but always get the same old reply "if we stop to check on your rifle it will slow production" And then I get no answer!

It is not from the lack of trying!!

My reply to him "dang"

platoonDaddy
08-10-14, 07:36
Friend called to inform me that it has finally arrived on 8 Aug 2014 and it was ordered Nov 2012. Just about two friggin years! He is scheduling an appointment with a local gunsmith for a complete check-out.

ptmccain
08-10-14, 08:57
Anyone have any updates on the lawsuit situation?