PDA

View Full Version : Colorado AWB Soon

BlackViper
01-09-13, 17:22
At our gun club meeting last night the rep. from The Firearms Coalition of Colorado said that the AWB, Colorado version, will pass soon. Best guess is that it’s based on the Diane NotsoFineStein bill. The only things that we can hope for is to moderate some of the provisions. Various folks are in town to help our side, such as NRA and other Pro Gun outfits but it looks bad at this time. :mad:

BV

Lawnchair 04
01-09-13, 17:31
Ouch man stay positive though and get in touch with your reps.

BlackViper
01-09-13, 17:48
Already done. A large enough surge of negative comments on the bill may have some impact hopefully, but the reps are all Dems.

BV

SPQR476
01-09-13, 18:19
It's not a lost cause. Keep writing. There is no done deal on this. This is not necessarily a party line issue. We have significantly more faith that common sense will prevail.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-09-13, 19:48
Where is the link on this? Any info? First Ive heard of any of this....

BlackViper
01-09-13, 21:26
Try this link:

http://www.ccrkba.org/?p=3099

BV

rocsteady
01-09-13, 21:41
So that little power freak of a mayor of ours is funding the war on guns all the way out there too?

Words fail me...

BlackViper
01-09-13, 21:45
He's working both the state and federal level as hard as he can.

BV

MAP
01-09-13, 21:51
It's not a lost cause. Keep writing. There is no done deal on this. This is not necessarily a party line issue. We have significantly more faith that common sense will prevail.

I agree. It's not over yet. Never surrender.

Mike

francis
01-09-13, 23:23
20 years ago, who would believe Colorado may become an AWB state? Quite the opposite, I would have thought?

BlackViper
01-14-13, 09:47
Link to additional information re Gun Bills etc. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/COGunIssues/messages

BV

skydivr
01-14-13, 10:48
It ain't over til it's over. Interestingly enough, it appears WY is solidly on the other side of the fence on this issue.

I think CO became the favorite of the California liberal crowd, and they transplanted there bringing their same foolish liberal ideas with them, and are not going to mess that state up too.

duradster
01-21-13, 07:54
The Durango Herald is reporting that the Republicans are the first to introduce bills related to gun issues. I personally don't believe they can pass the democrat controlled house and senate but at least we are on the offensive. Here they are:

Senate Bill 9: Allows school boards to adopt policies that let people with concealed-weapons permits carry handguns on school grounds.

SB 62: Holds a business liable for damages from a shooting if the business prevents its customers from carrying guns and does not provide armed security.

House Bill 1043: Expands the definition of a “deadly weapon” to include unloaded guns.

HB 1048: Allows business owners and employees to use deadly force against intruders.

HB 1085: Allows people convicted of nonviolent felonies to carry guns.

ryr8828
01-21-13, 08:01
Surely to God if we can hold them off in the suckass state of IL you can hold them off in Colorado.

Magic_Salad0892
01-21-13, 11:13
The Durango Herald is reporting that the Republicans are the first to introduce bills related to gun issues. I personally don't believe they can pass the democrat controlled house and senate but at least we are on the offensive. Here they are:

Senate Bill 9: Allows school boards to adopt policies that let people with concealed-weapons permits carry handguns on school grounds.

SB 62: Holds a business liable for damages from a shooting if the business prevents its customers from carrying guns and does not provide armed security.

House Bill 1043: Expands the definition of a “deadly weapon” to include unloaded guns.

HB 1048: Allows business owners and employees to use deadly force against intruders.

HB 1085: Allows people convicted of nonviolent felonies to carry guns.

I favor all of those. Especially the, allow business owners/employees deadly force, and nonviolent felons one. A friend of mine is busting his ass getting a felony marijuana charge from years ago removed.

BlackViper
01-23-13, 11:26
Looks like the calls and letters may be having an effect.

http://thecoloradoobserver.com/2013/01/senate-president-morse-steps-on-democrats-gun-control-message/

Keep em coming..

BV

BlackViper
01-23-13, 11:32
Link for Colorado gun issues.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/COGunIssues/

BV

kerplode
02-08-13, 15:36
FYI...several bills introduced on 2/7:
HB13-1224 (http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2013a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont3/7E6713B015E62E6F87257B0100813CB5?Open&file=1224_01.pdf) - Magazine capacity restrictions

HB13-1226 (http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2013a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont/7A2AA2783B54E1CF87257AEE005704A0?Open&file=1226_01.pdf) - Prohibiting concealed carry on college campuses

HB13-1228 (http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2013a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont3/04005C2BDBC54E4087257AEE00585D19?Open&file=1228_01.pdf)- Fees for CBI background checks

HB13-1229 (http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2013a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont3/590C29B4C02AFC2F87257A8E0073C303?Open&file=1229_01.pdf) - Background checks for all transfers

Smash
02-08-13, 21:35
FYI...several bills introduced on 2/7:
HB13-1224 (http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2013a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont3/7E6713B015E62E6F87257B0100813CB5?Open&file=1224_01.pdf) - Magazine capacity restrictions

HB13-1226 (http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2013a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont/7A2AA2783B54E1CF87257AEE005704A0?Open&file=1226_01.pdf) - Prohibiting concealed carry on college campuses

HB13-1228 (http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2013a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont3/04005C2BDBC54E4087257AEE00585D19?Open&file=1228_01.pdf)- Fees for CBI background checks

HB13-1229 (http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2013a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont3/590C29B4C02AFC2F87257A8E0073C303?Open&file=1229_01.pdf) - Background checks for all transfers

So I just read the large capacity magazine portion.

"A person may possess a large-capacity magazine if he or she owns the large-capacity magazine on the effective date of the bill and maintains continuous possession of the large-capacity magazine."

Is this a "as long as you have a gun that was created before the date of the ban they can't really prove you didn't have it" type of ban?

SPQR476
02-10-13, 18:01
In addition to the national battle to protect our firearms rights, many states are currently engaged in their own fights. Here in CO, a state with a strong heritage of firearm and other personal freedoms, we are facing some extreme challenges to firearms rights. We have been engaged in dialogue with legislators here presenting our arguments to stop legislation from even being introduced, but our efforts did not deter those of extreme views.

After the NRAs visit last week, several anti-freedom bills were introduced by CO legislators, and a very aggressive timeline has been set forth in moving these bills forward.

The bills include:
HB 1229, Background checks for Gun Transfers--a measure to prohibit private sales between CO residents, and instead require a full FFL transfer, including a 4473.

HB 1228, Payment for Background Checks for Gun Transfers-- a measure that would require CO residents to pay for the back logged state-run CBI system (currently taking 3 times the federally mandated wait time for checks to occur) instead of using the free federal NICS checks.

And finally, HB 1224, Prohibiting Large Capacity Ammunition Magazines--a measure that bans the possession, sale, or transfer of magazines over 10 round capacity. The measures and stipulations in this bill would deprive CO residents of the value of their private property by prohibiting the sale or transfer of all magazines over 10 rounds. This bill would also prohibit manufacture of magazines greater than 10 rounds for commercial sale out of the state, and place restrictions on the manufacture of military and law enforcement magazines that would cripple production.

We'd like to ask all CO residents to please contact your state legislators and the members of the Judiciary Committee and urge them to kill these measures in committee, and to vote NO if they reach the floor.

We also ask you to show your support for the 2nd Amendment at the Capitol on Tuesday, Feb 12, for the magazine ban committee hearing and Wednesday,
Feb 13, for the hearing on the other measures.

Due to the highly restrictive language in HB 1224, if passed, and we remained here, this measure would require us to cease PMAG production on July 1, 2013.

In short, Magpul would be unable to remain in business as a CO company, and the over 200 jobs for direct employees and nearly 700 jobs at our subcontractors and suppliers would pick up and leave CO. Due to the structure of our operations, this would be entirely possible, hopefully without significant disruption to production.

The legislators drafting these measures do so in spite of the fact that nothing they are proposing will do anything to even marginally improve public safety in CO, and in fact, will leave law-abiding CO residents less able to defend themselves, strip away rights and property from residents who have done nothing wrong, and send nearly 1000 jobs and millions in tax revenue out of the state.

We like CO, we want to continue to operate in CO, but most of all, we want CO to remain FREE.

Please help us in this fight, and let your voices be heard!

We have included the contact information for the House Judiciary committee for your convenience:

House Judiciary Committee
Rep. Daniel Kagan, Chair: 303-866-2921, repkagan@gmail.com
Rep. Pete Lee, Vice Chair: 303-866-2932, pete.lee.house@state.co.us
Rep. John Buckner: 303-866-2944, john.buckner.house@state.co.us
Rep. Lois Court: 303-866-2967, lois.court.house@state.co.us
Rep. Bob Gardner, 303-866-2191, bob.gardner.house@state.co.us
Rep. Polly Lawrence, 303-866-2935, polly.lawrence.house@state.co.us
Rep. Mike McLachlan, 303-866-2914, mike.mclachlan.house@state.co.us
Rep. Rep Carole Murray, 303-866-2948, murrayhouse45@gmail.com
Rep. Brittany Pettersen, 303-866-2939, brittany.pettersen.house@state.co.us
Rep. Joseph Salazar, 303-866-2918, joseph.salazar.house@state.co.us
Rep. Jared Wright, 303-866-2583, jared.wright.house@state.co.us

John123
02-10-13, 21:05
Here is a quick copy and past to contact all the reps listed above!

repkagan@gmail.com, pete.lee.house@state.co.us, john.buckner.house@state.co.us, lois.court.house@state.co.us, bob.gardner.house@state.co.us, polly.lawrence.house@state.co.us, mike.mclachlan.house@state.co.us, murrayhouse45@gmail.com, brittany.pettersen.house@state.co.us, joseph.salazar.house@state.co.us, jared.wright.house@state.co.us

John123

MAP
02-10-13, 21:50
So I just read the large capacity magazine portion.

"A person may possess a large-capacity magazine if he or she owns the large-capacity magazine on the effective date of the bill and maintains continuous possession of the large-capacity magazine."

Is this a "as long as you have a gun that was created before the date of the ban they can't really prove you didn't have it" type of ban?

It's vague, poorly written and impossible to enforce.

Mike

Obiwan
02-11-13, 05:36
20 years ago, who would believe Colorado may become an AWB state? Quite the opposite, I would have thought?

Recently moved to Illinois from CO

Would never have thought the move would make my weapons safer

munch520
02-11-13, 06:01
In addition to the national battle to protect our firearms rights, many states are currently engaged in their own fights. Here in CO, a state with a strong heritage of firearm and other personal freedoms, we are facing some extreme challenges to firearms rights. We have been engaged in dialogue with legislators here presenting our arguments to stop legislation from even being introduced, but our efforts did not deter those of extreme views.

After the NRAs visit last week, several anti-freedom bills were introduced by CO legislators, and a very aggressive timeline has been set forth in moving these bills forward.

The bills include:
HB 1229, Background checks for Gun Transfers--a measure to prohibit private sales between CO residents, and instead require a full FFL transfer, including a 4473.

HB 1228, Payment for Background Checks for Gun Transfers-- a measure that would require CO residents to pay for the back logged state-run CBI system (currently taking 3 times the federally mandated wait time for checks to occur) instead of using the free federal NICS checks.

And finally, HB 1224, Prohibiting Large Capacity Ammunition Magazines--a measure that bans the possession, sale, or transfer of magazines over 10 round capacity. The measures and stipulations in this bill would deprive CO residents of the value of their private property by prohibiting the sale or transfer of all magazines over 10 rounds. This bill would also prohibit manufacture of magazines greater than 10 rounds for commercial sale out of the state, and place restrictions on the manufacture of military and law enforcement magazines that would cripple production.

We'd like to ask all CO residents to please contact your state legislators and the members of the Judiciary Committee and urge them to kill these measures in committee, and to vote NO if they reach the floor.

We also ask you to show your support for the 2nd Amendment at the Capitol on Tuesday, Feb 12, for the magazine ban committee hearing and Wednesday,
Feb 13, for the hearing on the other measures.

Due to the highly restrictive language in HB 1224, if passed, and we remained here, this measure would require us to cease PMAG production on July 1, 2013.

In short, Magpul would be unable to remain in business as a CO company, and the over 200 jobs for direct employees and nearly 700 jobs at our subcontractors and suppliers would pick up and leave CO. Due to the structure of our operations, this would be entirely possible, hopefully without significant disruption to production.

The legislators drafting these measures do so in spite of the fact that nothing they are proposing will do anything to even marginally improve public safety in CO, and in fact, will leave law-abiding CO residents less able to defend themselves, strip away rights and property from residents who have done nothing wrong, and send nearly 1000 jobs and millions in tax revenue out of the state.

We like CO, we want to continue to operate in CO, but most of all, we want CO to remain FREE.

Please help us in this fight, and let your voices be heard!

We have included the contact information for the House Judiciary committee for your convenience:

House Judiciary Committee
Rep. Daniel Kagan, Chair: 303-866-2921, repkagan@gmail.com
Rep. Pete Lee, Vice Chair: 303-866-2932, pete.lee.house@state.co.us
Rep. John Buckner: 303-866-2944, john.buckner.house@state.co.us
Rep. Lois Court: 303-866-2967, lois.court.house@state.co.us
Rep. Bob Gardner, 303-866-2191, bob.gardner.house@state.co.us
Rep. Polly Lawrence, 303-866-2935, polly.lawrence.house@state.co.us
Rep. Mike McLachlan, 303-866-2914, mike.mclachlan.house@state.co.us
Rep. Rep Carole Murray, 303-866-2948, murrayhouse45@gmail.com
Rep. Brittany Pettersen, 303-866-2939, brittany.pettersen.house@state.co.us
Rep. Joseph Salazar, 303-866-2918, joseph.salazar.house@state.co.us
Rep. Jared Wright, 303-866-2583, jared.wright.house@state.co.us

Well put. I'm sorry to hear of such a beautiful state going through such troubles. :( I forwarded this to our CEO, who lives in Boulder and will definitely get in touch with state officials.

On another note, Ohio would welcome Magpul! :p

Hmac
02-11-13, 07:01
Minnesota is facing the same onerous legislation. Unlike Colorado and Magpul, however, it wouldn't affect anyone on M4C since the most prominent mfgr of note in Minnesota is DPMS and their 115 employees. ;)

Here's Adam Ballard's testimony before the legislative committee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twdAaP82bP8&feature=youtu.be

I apologize for going off-topic, but the impending failure of Federal legislation has taken this battle to the states and appears to be exacerbated by the Obama win and nationwide disarray in the Republican ranks. These states with Democrat Governors and legislatures are going to be susceptible to this kind of legislation.

/

munch520
02-11-13, 07:06
Colorado and Magpul, however, it wouldn't affect anyone on M4C since the most prominent mfgr of note in Minnesota is DPMS.;)

Haha - it's gonna be hard to explain to everyone at my gate at the airport why I just laughed like a crazy person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RogerinTPA
02-11-13, 14:35

That what happens when people from Cali move in...

THCDDM4
02-12-13, 10:27
I posted this in the GD Magpul/Colorado/AWB thread and wanted it here as well:

This legislation is complete unconstitutional BS and they are trying to ram it home quickly before opposition can be heard/voiced. There are enough idiots in this state right now to get this passed if don't get in the game and play to win- RIGHT NOW!

The fight is not over, the pro-2A crowd is just waking up...

That being said, I am extremely worried about the pending legislation and its consequences.

It's time to organize our community like the Anti-2A dicks have theirs and make our collective voices louder than theirs could ever be.

In the Beer! thread, member Rancid Sumo suggested Colorado M4C members meet up at a brewery for some beers. I would like to second this notion and get the ball rolling with organizing a meeting of all M4C Colorado members so we can exchange contact info, get our butts organized and start working together to fight this.

We need to get a plan going and join with other pro 2A organizations and people in Colorado and kill this ****ing bullshit!

PM me if you are interested or feel free to email me directly:
THCDDM4@gmail.com

Please let me know your general location, best way to contact you and availability so I can find a central location and time that works best for everyone.

Any suggestions or help is much appreciated!

Mods- If this is in violation of M4C rules please let me know and I will remove or relocate accordingly...

MOLON LABE!

THCDDM4
02-15-13, 10:08
Posting this for another member (Who cannot post in GD, but I am posting here as well)

"As of now, I'm encouraging anyone, regardless of their state of residence, to email these people and let them know they oppose these bills. My thought is that they don't have to be a resident here to disagree with them, and right now, the more the better. I put some instructions for some folks at the bottom of this email list. Please use freely as you'd like:

john.buckner.house@state.co.us, perrybuck49@gmail.com, kathleen.conti.house@state.co.us, don.coram.house@state.co.us, lois.court.house@state.co.us, brian@briandelgrosso.com, tim.dore.house@state.co.us, crisanta.duran.house@state.co.us, justin.everett.house@state.co.us, thomas.exum.house@state.co.us, mferrandino@yahoo.com, rhonda.fields.house@state.co.us, randyfischer@frii.com, mike.foote.house@state.co.us, leroy.garcia.house@state.co.us, bob.gardner.house@state.co.us, cheri.gerou@gmail.com, joann.ginal.house@state.co.us, millie.hamner.house@state.co.us, chris.holbert.house@state.co.us, chris.holbert.house@state.co.us, dl.hullinghorst.house@state.co.us, rephumphrey48@yahoo.com, janak.joshi.house@state.co.us, repkagan@gmail.com, reptracy29@gmail.com, jeanne.labuda.house@state.co.us, lois.landgraf.house@state.co.us, polly.lawrence.house@state.co.us, steve.lebsock.house@state.co.us, pete.lee.house@state.co.us, claire.levy.house@state.co.us, jenise.may.house@state.co.us, beth.mccann.house@state.co.us, mike.mclachlan.house@state.co.us, jovan.melton.house@state.co.us, diane.mitschbush.house@state.co.us, dominick.moreno.house@state.co.us, murrayhouse45@gmail.com, clarice.navarro.house@state.co.us, dan.nordberg.house@state.co.us, dan.pabon.house@state.co.us, cherylin.peniston.house@state.co.us, brittany.pettersen.house@state.co.us, dianne.primavera.house@state.co.us, kpriola@gmail.com, bob.rankin.house@state.co.us, paul.rosenthal.house@state.co.us, su.ryden.house@state.co.us, lori.saine.house@state.co.us, joseph.salazar.house@state.co.us, sue.schafer.house@state.co.us, ray.scott.house@state.co.us, jonathan.singer.house@state.co.us, jerry@repsonnenberg.com, amy.stephens.house@state.co.us, spencer.swalm.house@state.co.us, libby.szabo.house@state.co.us, max@maxtyler.us, edvigil1@gmail.com, mark.waller.house@state.co.us, angela.williams.house@state.co.us, james.wilson.house@state.co.us, jared.wright.house@state.co.us, dave.young.house@state.co.us

You can email them several times if you'd like, or even every hour.

Quick tip: keep the email as short as possible. Put something like "I oppose gun control bills HB-1224, HB-1226, HB-1228, and HB-1229" in the subject line and something similar in the email body. "

Thanks!

KEEP FIGHTING!

THCDDM4
02-15-13, 12:09
http://www.coloradochannel.net/node/1620

Watch the house of reps live if you cannot maek it to the Capital building in Denver.

They are discussing and going to vote on HB 1224, 1226, 1228 & 1229 today.

Write your reps, show up to the capital!

RancidSumo
02-17-13, 14:56
If anyone is looking to grab some potentially last minute PMags, 5280 armory has a box full right now. $32 cash or $35 card. Limit two per person. I don't know if anywhere else still has them available.

platoonDaddy
02-17-13, 15:54
ProgressNow Colorado Cries Foul, While Defending Gun Bill Based On A Lie

http://www.redstate.com/2013/02/15/progressnow-colorado-cries-foul-while-defending-gun-bill-based-on-a-lie/

Heavy Metal
02-17-13, 16:03
If anyone is looking to grab some potentially last minute PMags, 5280 armory has a box full right now. $32 cash or $35 card. Limit two per person. I don't know if anywhere else still has them available.

Worst case, they can get around this in the short-term by simply trucking the parts out of state and snapping them together there until they can move proper.

The Bill defines a large capacity feeding device as being able to accept more than 10 rounds of ammo. A magazine tube without a floorplate cannot accept any amount.

The bill prohibits unserialized manufacture in the state of magazines. Doesn't do dick about parts.

That said, I hape they spank this down in the CO House or Senate and do not have to move.

RancidSumo
02-17-13, 16:13
Im not saying that there won't be anymore PMAGs, just that they're probably going to get harder and harder to find in CO.

THCDDM4
02-19-13, 12:07
Saw this posted to Colorado/Denver Craigslist- not sure who is coordinating the effort:

"Jan 19th, 12-3 pm rally at the capitol to support 2nd Amendment Rights."

Anyone who can make it please do.

Contact these senators, hit them hard:

CO Senator email list for easy dissemination:

david.balmer.senate@state.co.us
randy.baumgardner.senate@state.co.us
greg@gregbrophy.net
bill.cadman.senate@state.co.us
morgan.carroll.senate@state.co.us

larry.crowder.senate@state.co.us
angela.giron.senate@state.co.us
kevin.grantham.senate@state.co.us
lucia.guzman.senate@state.co.us
ted.harvey.senate@state.co.us

rollie.heath.senate@state.co.us
owen.hill.senate@state.co.us
mary.hodge.senate@state.co.us
senatorhudak@gmail.com
cheri.jahn.senate@state.co.us

mike.johnston.senate@state.co.us
senatormattjones@gmail.com
john.kefalas.senate@state.co.us
andy.kerr.senate@state.co.us
steve.king.senate@state.co.us

senatorlambert@comcast.net
kevin@kevinlundberg.com
vicki.marble.senate@state.co.us
john.morse.senate@state.co.us
linda.newell.senate@gmail.com

jeanne.nicholson.senate@state.co.us
senatorrenfroe@gmail.com
ellen.roberts.senate@state.co.us
mark.scheffel.senate@state.co.us
gail.schwartz.senate@gmail.com

pat.steadman.senate@state.co.us
lotochtrop@aol.com
nancy.todd.senate@state.co.us
jessie.ulibarri.senate@state.co.us

platoonDaddy
03-04-13, 06:45
Great read:

Colorado Democrats have gone too far, and the time to stop them is now. On Monday morning the Colorado Senate will take up a package of anti-second amendment measures, four of which have already been passed in the House.

Michael Brown, a talk radio host in the Denver area, is calling on the people of Colorado to show up en masse at the State Capitol TODAY and then do two things when you get there.

First, show up at the Colorado State Capitol early Monday morning, March 4, and completely fill the building. Fill more than the hearing room, fill the entire building, floor by floor, so that the rotunda reverberates with the din of ordinary citizens showing their objection to the Colorado Democrats’ attack on the Constitution.

Second, everyone, throughout the day, should take time to slowly, maybe up to five miles per hour, drive around the capitol building with their car horns blaring. And blaring. And blaring.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/03/04/colorado-senate-meeting-to-restrict-2nd-amendment-today/

rocsteady
03-12-13, 08:44
I heard that it didn't turn out well but can't find anything to see for sure.

BlackViper
03-13-13, 15:38
HB 1224, the magazine ban, passed 34 to 30 despite popular opinion and testimony by experts that it would do no good. The legislature and the Gov have been bought and paid for. Thanks to all who contacted these freaks to try and turn the tide.
BV

SPQR476
03-13-13, 16:25
Off to the Gov for signature. Bury him in e-mails, letters, FB, and calls. It may do no good, since Bloomberg buried him in cash, but it's worth a shot.

platoonDaddy
03-13-13, 17:16
You have the recall option, believe me that is the only option that will kick them out of office.

As previously stated: we in MD don't have that option, therefore we are changing our voter designator to "D". Why you ask, well that is a very good question: in MD primaries we can only vote in the political party we are registered. Therefore, change to "D" and in the primaries vote against whomever voted for AWB etc.

RIDE
03-13-13, 17:23
Off to the Gov for signature. Bury him in e-mails, letters, FB, and calls. It may do no good, since Bloomberg buried him in cash, but it's worth a shot.

Is this email correct?

Governor.hickenlooper@state.co.us

RIDE
03-13-13, 17:25
Here's is Facebook... Bury it folks... please!!!

Be civil... no is NOT the time to blather hate...

http://www.facebook.com/JohnHickenlooper

Kirkrv8
03-13-13, 19:42
I emailed as well trying to do what I can from Pa

g-rap
03-13-13, 20:28
E-mail sent to the CO governor from Illinois. We need everyone's help on this one for our bros in CO.

platoonDaddy
03-14-13, 06:05
Emailed from Md, if it passes forget my hunting monies.

EDIT: posted on a firearms forum in MD and they are sending emails & facebook comments to the gov. One Poster said "five minutes following my facebook post, it was removed."

THCDDM4
03-14-13, 13:33
ETS: Wrong petition posted- I'll add the right one when I can find it. Whoops...

I urge you to go sign this petition to support our rights her ein Colorado!

THCDDM4
03-14-13, 14:31
Hickenlooper has another facebook page entitled "Draft John Hickenlooper for President".

Please take moment to share your opinion on why he shouldn't be president- as he does not represent his constituents here in Colorado.

Let's beat him over th head with our voices.

http://www.facebook.com/DraftHickenlooper?fref=ts

Thanks!

THCDDM4
03-14-13, 15:28
Check them out:

http://www.facebook.com/ColoradoAccountability

platoonDaddy
04-19-13, 16:24
Informed the governor that I will not hunt or visit Colorado, the following is his reply:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 5:15 PM
To: me
Subject: RE: All Gun Control Bills

Dear me:

Thank you for writing to share your thoughts and concerns on the gun legislation recently signed into law. We appreciate the time you took to contact us.

On March 20, we signed into law three pieces of legislation that we believe will help curb gun violence:

• HB 13-1229 requires criminal background checks at federally licensed firearms dealers (FFLs) for all gun sales and transfers regardless of how the guns are acquired, with reasonable exceptions such as transfers between family members. FFLs may charge a reasonable fee for running background checks for private sales.
• HB 13-1228 requires the Colorado Bureau of Investigation to collect a fee for performing an instant background check prior to the transfer of a firearm.
• HB 13-1224 makes illegal any magazine manufactured or purchased after July 1, 2013, that is capable of accepting, or is designed to be readily converted to accept, more that 15 rounds of ammunition, limits the capacity of shotguns, and allows the continued use of any existing firearm or magazine owned prior to July 1, 2013.

We have directed the Colorado Department of Public Safety to consult with the Office of the Attorney General and others with respect to the interpretation of HB13-1224’s large-capacity magazine ban, and then to draft and issue, to law enforcement agencies in Colorado, technical guidance on how the law should be interpreted and enforced. This work should be done by July 1, 2013, the law’s effective date.

These laws, coupled with our efforts to improve the state’s mental health service system, will help keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people and make our state a safer place. It is important to underscore that these laws do not ban the safe ownership and use of guns to eligible individuals, and thereby respects Second Amendment rights. By taking these important steps, Colorado has proved that we can use common sense ideas to make our communities safer and at the same time respect the Constitution.

Once again, we thank you for your input, and for taking the time to contact our office.

Sincerely,

Office of Governor John W. Hickenlooper

jpmuscle
04-19-13, 16:48
WTF does that even mean? You state that you will never visit the state again to hunt and they ramble on about interpretation of the mag limit ban they wrote?

Retiredbroke
04-19-13, 20:19
The Governor was on a local talk show and said about 1224 (mag limits), "I knew it was a bad law but I had to sign it". Now he has to lie his way out of his cowardly actions. Pressure from back east forced this shit on us.

jpmuscle
04-20-13, 17:37
The Governor was on a local talk show and said about 1224 (mag limits), "I knew it was a bad law but I had to sign it". Now he has to lie his way out of his cowardly actions. Pressure from back east forced this shit on us.

That quote should be in every paper, on every tv show and be the rallying cry for voting his ass out of office.

Retiredbroke
04-21-13, 07:59
I just saw a local poll yesterday giving him a 53% approval rating, down from 55% before these laws. Good news is there are two Senatorial recalls underway that look promising.

jpmuscle
04-21-13, 23:30
I just saw a local poll yesterday giving him a 53% approval rating, down from 55% before these laws. Good news is there are two Senatorial recalls underway that look promising.

How promising?

Retiredbroke
04-22-13, 07:44
The ground game is on, volunteers are collecting signatures and we will see in a few weeks if there is enough support or not.

http://gotremorse.com/home/

http://www.recallhudak.com/

rocsteady
04-22-13, 09:42
Just sent a letter for you. I agree that we can get CO back, but everyone has to stand up now and especially when it's time to vote again.

yellowfin
04-22-13, 13:13
Just sent a letter for you. I agree that we can get CO back, but everyone has to stand up now and especially when it's time to vote again.

The way to stand up is to stand up among society and make it a pro gun political climate on BOTH sides of the aisle. The other side has done an effective job of making the pop culture into the political culture, so we need to start doing the same to reverse what they have done. Make your neighbors, coworkers, kids' schoolmates' parents, doctors, dentists, accountants, parishoners, and EVERYONE aware that you the good guy next door are a proud gun owner and when some slimeball politician tries to persecute us they're persecuting you and that's WRONG. Make it socially unacceptable for anyone to be anti gun. GET OUT OF THE CLOSET. This isn't won on voting day, this is won by being a cultural presence every day.

platoonDaddy
04-22-13, 15:19
The ground game is on, volunteers are collecting signatures and we will see in a few weeks if there is enough support or not.

http://gotremorse.com/home/

http://www.recallhudak.com/

Please keep us posted.

Agnostic
04-23-13, 19:58
The way to stand up is to stand up among society and make it a pro gun political climate on BOTH sides of the aisle. The other side has done an effective job of making the pop culture into the political culture, so we need to start doing the same to reverse what they have done. Make your neighbors, coworkers, kids' schoolmates' parents, doctors, dentists, accountants, parishoners, and EVERYONE aware that you the good guy next door are a proud gun owner and when some slimeball politician tries to persecute us they're persecuting you and that's WRONG. Make it socially unacceptable for anyone to be anti gun. GET OUT OF THE CLOSET. This isn't won on voting day, this is won by being a cultural presence every day.

I must say, I agree with this approach. I like to invite non-shooters to go plinking, often they get hooked right then and there. I just make sure that I show them proper safety.

rocsteady
04-24-13, 09:38

That is very well put. Being proactive works in every other situation, why not apply here as well. Would go a long way to showing that even the "average joe" can be a gun owner and the "good guy" in the neighborhood. I like it.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-24-13, 10:11
And we need pro-gun Democrats to run against these Progressives!

platoonDaddy
04-24-13, 13:59
And we need pro-gun Democrats to run against these Progressives!

In MD primaries only registered voters affiliated with the Democratic or Republican Parties may vote in that party's primary election. Therefore many of us are now becoming DINO's to vote against progressives.