PDA

View Full Version : OPS Core/GENTEX RAC Headset

NinjaMedic
01-10-13, 03:24
Can anyone going to SHOT Show 2013 stop by the Ops Core booth and try and get an update on the RAC communications headset? Im really not interested in pic after pic of maritime cut helmets, but I have a practical need for the headset and have not heard any info since their 2012 Catalog was released. Thanks!

TV-PressPass
01-10-13, 10:04
Update this post on Wednesday if I (or someone else) hasn't done so yet! I always like visiting the OpsCore booth anyways, just have to remember to be looking for specific details

NinjaMedic
01-17-13, 12:19
Anyone?

RustedAce
01-17-13, 12:56
Can anyone going to SHOT Show 2013 stop by the Ops Core booth and try and get an update on the RAC communications headset? Im really not interested in pic after pic of maritime cut helmets, but I have a practical need for the headset and have not heard any info since their 2012 Catalog was released. Thanks!

Pics of it are in my low light thread.

bermise
08-07-16, 03:14
I can't find these for sale anywhere.

Sparky5019
08-07-16, 12:28
I can't find these for sale anywhere.

Many better solutions that much lower profile and lighter available now.

Example
http://www.silynxcom.com

bermise
08-12-16, 08:29
Many better solutions that much lower profile and lighter available now.

Example
http://www.silynxcom.com

Those plug into 3.5mm devices like cell phones & tablets for listen only. I called their customer service to get info. They don't offer 2pin or TP-120 cables for use with radios yet but they are working on it. They told me they are primarily for cell phone use now. Expensive headphones

Sparky5019
08-12-16, 08:36
Those plug into 3.5mm devices like cell phones & tablets for listen only. I called their customer service to get info. They don't offer 2pin or TP-120 cables for use with radios yet but they are working on it. They told me they are primarily for cell phone use now. Expensive headphones

Incorrect. You need to re-check your info. They may not make the cable you need for your radio but they are COMM units for single and dual COMMS. They do make smart phone listen only cables as well but it's not their primary function.

Tell us exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

drtywk
08-13-16, 15:09
What are you looking for in the RAC that you can't get out of a standard Peltor or Sordin headset, other than it is an OEM system? I am not a big fan of the in-the-ear systems because the SA is nonexistent when you go to a CBRN posture. Plus they can be difficult to fit correctly and are considerably more expensive.

Sparky5019
08-14-16, 15:12
What are you looking for in the RAC that you can't get out of a standard Peltor or Sordin headset, other than it is an OEM system? I am not a big fan of the in-the-ear systems because the SA is nonexistent when you go to a CBRN posture. Plus they can be difficult to fit correctly and are considerably more expensive.

I see your point about the in-ear with the factory tips. I always get custom molds made so that becomes a non issue. I feel that the muffs become too hot though they do block sound and provide good hear through if you get quality units.

Crickets on the OP's intended purpose.

drtywk
08-14-16, 17:01
I use custom molds too, but the SA is still the limiting factor for me.

Sparky5019
08-14-16, 17:34
I use custom molds too, but the SA is still the limiting factor for me.

Are you talking about signal amplification or something else?

drtywk
08-14-16, 19:18
Situational Awareness

Sparky5019
08-14-16, 19:26
Situational Awareness

Ok. I've never found that to be a problem but I'm not in combat either. ����