PDA

View Full Version : BCM Comp Mod 1

Sparky5019
01-10-13, 16:00
Ok, so it showed up today and I happened to be off...

These are quick and dirty iPhone 5 pics, bear with me.

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv117/SparkySRNA/IMG_1294_zps2ec14b50.jpg
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv117/SparkySRNA/IMG_1293_zpse474fb7a.jpg
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv117/SparkySRNA/IMG_1292_zpsdb98ff84.jpg

So I was running a PWS FSC556 (actually a KAC556 so I could mount a QDSS suppressor at some point).

I installed the BCM (no pin) on my 16" barrel and went out back to test for concussion and muzzle rise. I'll probably use this on my 16" gun until I get a 14.5 middy barrel or a Mod 0 is available.

I tested this quick and dirty as I have not re-checked zero on the gun; close range fast shooting. I tested for concussion by standing beside my fence so I could gauge my concussion as compared to the PWS. I was alone so I had no one to stand beside the comp and gauge true blast/concussion.

RESULT: Subjectively, I can feel about 40-60% LESS blast/concussion than the PWS. I think this is significant if using in CQC or carbine class applications as well as small shooting bay competition.

I tested for muzzle rise by trying to keep the dot as solidly in the same place as I could with single, double, trip and quad tap shooting as possible; again close range, quick and dirty.

RESULT: I felt like the dot moved less than it did with my PWS. Now, admittedly the blast from my PWS was so objectionable, even in the open, that I found myself noticing that even when I was trying to focus only on the dot. The dot seemed to move less with the BCM, especially the more rounds I fired in quick succession.

I am in the midst of changing the setup on my carbine so the AFG was off and the LaRue FUG was in to be DuraCoated so I was getting a good grip on the SCAR panels on the HG. This was fine with me as I shoot my 1873 rifles super fast locked down in my shoulder in this manner; I'll be interested to see if it changes when I get my FUG back on the gun!

I guess this is similar to the MSW Review here:http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=1047

The only regret that I have is that I do not have a BattleComp to test it against.

There you go a raw, super quick and dirty test. I know some of the pros on here will do a more thorough test and I am waiting with breathless anticipation of them. Until then, this was something y'all can refer to from someone who is definitely not a pro on here!;)

Enjoy!

Sparky

bigredneck61088
01-10-13, 16:36
Good review! I have been eyeing the bcm comp for a while, any battlecomp experience to compare it to over the pws?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sparky5019
01-10-13, 16:38
Unfortunately no BC experience to compare. I was getting ready to buy one to try when the BCMs started becoming rumor so I waited. The MSW review does compare it to the BC; see the link above!

Thanks.

Sparky

bigredneck61088
01-10-13, 17:43
Copy thanks, i think i may try the bcm for the price! I'm mostly an a2 shooter due to not finding a comp i wanna spend the money on for an LE gun

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Spikele
01-10-13, 23:41
Very nice, thanks for showing us.

Alex F
01-11-13, 07:20
Thanks for the mini review!

These have caught my eye, since they advertise that they work with A2 mount suppressors.

I've also heard that they really help mitigate muzzle blast... I need to find one locally to see for myself, I suppose I could just drop the coin on one though.

snakedoctor
01-11-13, 13:27
Unfortunately no BC experience to compare. I was getting ready to buy one to try when the BCMs started becoming rumor so I waited. The MSW review does compare it to the BC; see the link above!

Thanks.

Sparky

Sparky,

Here is a live fire test.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNMJHMOTl0g

The MB556K still gets my vote

1911-A1
01-11-13, 16:38
These are quick and dirty iPhone 5 pics, bear with me.

Not only was I concerned about which brand of phone you used, I was also wondering which version. Thank goodness you told us.

fourXfour
01-11-13, 17:01
Thank you for sharing. My next upper will have the BCM comp. The video was also great.

I love my Surefire brake. Not sure why I get all the dirty looks ;)

BIGUGLY
01-11-13, 17:14
Thanks for the input.

polymorpheous
01-11-13, 17:41
Not only was I concerned about which brand of phone you used, I was also wondering which version. Thank goodness you told us.

This was an absolutely pointless post.

OP, thanks for taking the time to let us know your initial impressions of this muzzle device.
I look forward to reading more feedback from end users.

Sparky5019
01-11-13, 17:53

I had already upgraded to iOS 6.0.2...in case you were wondering that as well.:big_boss::suicide::suicide:

Sparky

Sparky5019
01-11-13, 17:54
Oh...PM, you're welcome. I hope to get some more specifics in the near future.

Sparky

jaxman7
01-11-13, 19:26

Agree with poly. You've been a member for quite sometime and therefore should know being a smarta$$ doesn't get you far here.

-Jax

jaxman7
01-11-13, 19:28
Hoping to do a test on a FA lower with the BCM comp, a BC and a FSC556 this Sunday. Will let you guys know.

-Jax

Sparky5019
01-11-13, 20:18
Hoping to do a test on a FA lower with the BCM comp, a BC and a FSC556 this Sunday. Will let you guys know.

-Jax

That should be cool! Can't wait to see that info!

Thanks.

Sparky

Fireguy275
01-12-13, 00:06
Had mine for a few weeks now, and got 500 rounds through it during some team training this week. Passed it around and other shooters on the team really liked it.

I have owned or used comps by BC, PWS (FSC556, Triad) , SF (MB556K) and this one works as well as any of the others but lacks the annoying side blast common. Subjectively, to me it shoots like an MB556K with minimal movement of my red dot during strings of fire.

I think it is well worth the price and a winner in my book.

1911-A1
01-12-13, 09:02
Ok, serious question this time. It looks like the bcm comp has 5 ports? Does that mean it doesn't have to be "timed" like the BC?

Sparky5019
01-12-13, 09:17
I just turned mine up straight and shot it. I suppose you could try that to get every little bit of performance out of it.

I kind of get the feeling that it is intended tone put on and shot. Someone from BCM please correct me if I'm wrong on that though.

Sparky

militarymoron
01-12-13, 10:31
Ok, serious question this time. It looks like the bcm comp has 5 ports? Does that mean it doesn't have to be "timed" like the BC?

yes, it must be timed like the BC. the BCM logo goes on the top. the BCM comp has six slots (3 different sizes on each side, and not symmetrical from top to bottom).

Sparky5019
01-12-13, 13:38
yes, it must be timed like the BC. the BCM logo goes on the top. the BCM comp has six slots (3 different sizes on each side, and not symmetrical from top to bottom).

Thanks for the correction. I took his meaning wrong; timing it to turn up straight and true vs tuning it to make the slots push the muzzle a specific direction by having them not "on center" when it is normally installed and "timed".

My bad.

Sparky

Nightstalker865
01-12-13, 19:45
Do the BCM comps come with a shim kit for install? Just trying to figure out how you would time one without pinning it. My PWS was easy with the included shim kit.

jaxman7
01-12-13, 19:47
Do the BCM comps come with a shim kit for install? Just trying to figure out how you would time one without pinning it. My PWS was easy with the included shim kit.

They come with a crush washer.

-Jax

Nightstalker865
01-12-13, 20:30
How do you get it timed correctly with the crush washer?

medicmiles
01-12-13, 20:37
Nice looks good

m1a_scoutguy
01-12-13, 20:55
How do you get it timed correctly with the crush washer?

Put the crush washer on,,Bowed out I believe (correct me guys if wrong) screw BCM Comp on,,then tighten and start to crush the washer and then Stop when timed with BCM in the correct position ! Ya might have to play with it a bit,,but that is how I have done many ! I also just bought a Mod 1 last week,,will be installing in the up coming weeks myself !! :D

ForTehNguyen
01-13-13, 10:19
waiting for Mod 0, do want one