PDA

View Full Version : glock 19 gen 4 extractor question

jerrylo913
01-10-13, 16:14
Gen 4 g19 fde thkxxx
Has latest rsa/ejector and dipped extractor with the #1 on it.

As I stated in a previous thread, out of 460 rounds fired, I've had 4 BTF using 124gr Winchester NATO and one from a gold dot. All the 115gr ammo ejected well.
I called Glock and they sent me a shipping label so I'm going to send it out in the next few days.

My question:
what are the differences with the #s on the factory extractors?

What does LCI stand for when you guys refer LCI or non LCI extractors?

Are the 90 degree oem glock extractors the best solution for a fix? I've seen those for sale on glockparts.

Forgive me I know this has been brought up numerous times but there are just too many pages to read.

LtNovakUSA
01-10-13, 17:34
The numbers on the extractors are just the number of the mold they came out of. They are all the same really

LCI means "Loaded Chamber Indicator". The little tab that protrudes out when there is a round in the pipe. They use different spring bearings. The Non LCI will give you a little more tension on the case.

No the 90 extractors will not fit. Use the APEX tactical failure resistant extractor. They have worked very well in my experience, eliminating the problems in my Gen3 and Gen4 19s. There is a specific model for each gen so buy accordingly.

jerrylo913
01-10-13, 18:16
The numbers on the extractors are just the number of the mold they came out of. They are all the same really

LCI means "Loaded Chamber Indicator". The little tab that protrudes out when there is a round in the pipe. They use different spring bearings. The Non LCI will give you a little more tension on the case.

No the 90 extractors will not fit. Use the APEX tactical failure resistant extractor. They have worked very well in my experience, eliminating the problems in my Gen3 and Gen4 19s. There is a specific model for each gen so buy accordingly.

Where can I get one? Now has anyone tried out this Apex extractor and what where the results from before and after?

LtNovakUSA
01-10-13, 19:54
You can get it direct from Apex or go through Grant at G+R Tactical. Both places are G2G.

There is a huge thread in the apex manufactures sub forum about them with tons of end user feedback. In short yes they seem to work quite well. ESP in the Gen4 guns. The three I have are great, cured my problem guns. (both gen4 and gen3)

jerrylo913
01-10-13, 22:06
Ok thanks. For now I think this is the best route. At least its not a huge problem, if something goes out of whack with my ejections its a simple fix.