PDA

View Full Version : DD customer service not there.

racezx9
01-10-13, 19:42
I recently purchased and received a DD4 V4 and I had issues with it when I took it out the first time, I have left left 1 VM and send an email and I have been calling on a daily basis to try and reach customer service and they are not taking any calls not have DD responded to my VM and Email, this have been over a week now. I know it's been crazy out there, but what happen to customer service anyone know.

nickdrak
01-10-13, 20:11
I recently purchased and received a DD4 V4 and I had issues with it when I took it out the first time, I have left left 1 VM and send an email and I have been calling on a daily basis to try and reach customer service and they are not taking any calls not have DD responded to my VM and Email, this have been over a week now. I know it's been crazy out there, but what happen to customer service anyone know.

Im 99.999% certain it is due to them being completely swamped with orders just like everyone else in the business. It is tough times for everyone regarding everything including supply & demand, CS, warranty, etc. They have probably received more emails in the last month then they have in the past 5 years.

Try contacting Joe Marler @ Daniel Defense.

gunrunner505
01-10-13, 20:23
I agree. I'm sure they are burried with work. I had a question about my M4V7 and got a reply in a day or 2. Granted, this was before the recent events, but I think they will reply just as soon as they can.

NoveskeFan
01-10-13, 20:30
They are most likely swamped, but they have OUTSTANDING customer service! I bought a used DD upper from here on the EE. I took the rail off to give the whole thing a good froglube treatment. I discovered the gas block was loose. DD customer service said to tap in the gas block pin a bit more, which I did. It was still a tiny bit loose. I asked them if they could send me a new pin. They emailed me a return tag and the rep said "the block shouldn't move at all, I'd like my guys to take a look at it." I got it back a week and a half later with a NEW BARREL:D They are awesome!

halfkorean
01-10-13, 22:03
There is a thread in the AR discussion about this. DD stated on their website that they have been extremely swamped and haven't been able to answer phones. They apologized profusely. I don't think this is going to slow down anytime soon. If you pm me, I will give you the direct email address for one of their main technical customer service reps.

Gabe

Mistakes brought to you by my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tungsten
01-11-13, 09:43
I've had nothing but good response from DD in the past. You've got to consider the current climate and adjust your expectations to a more realistic level.

Good luck.

wesshipman
01-17-13, 16:20
I understand your frustration with DD right now, as I have recently been frustrated with them as well.

You have to understand that they are extremely busy and overwhelmed with orders and phone calls right now.

I promise that actually have an opportunity to speak with anyone at DD they will make it right. If you haven't gotten in touch with anybody yet. send me a pm and I will give you an email to someone in customer service.

DD has excellent customer service and they will make things right.

TehLlama
01-17-13, 18:13
Look at it from their end - the signal to noise ratio they're dealing with (i.e. thousands of people per day yelling that they want to buy rifles) is why the response isn't going to be immediate - when you do get ahold of a person it'll be fine.

zenghost
01-17-13, 18:53
DD has superb customer service. Period.

I had a minor issue in the past year with a DD lower on my DD M4. Not an issue directly related to functionality, the gun had run fine for several years and was running fine. However, Joe said something was slightly out of spec and was not about to let it go at that.

He hooked me up with another gentleman at DD who sent out a pe-paid shipping label for return of the entire gun. They requested the upper be sent as well, so they could ensure an optimal fit with a replacement lower.

I received the gun back in short order with a new lower and all was well.

Joe was very receptive to my issue, treated me as though I was someone important, and resolved the issue expeditiously. I was impressed because the issue was so minor that I seriously thought they might just say "don't worry about it - just shoot it." Not the case as they wanted the gun to meet a higher standard.