PDA

View Full Version : Sig M400, S&W or Bushmaster can you rate them

motodad
01-11-13, 10:40
MY local academy has been getting some in could you rate them best to least favorite

Ryno12
01-11-13, 11:12
IMO... S&W, Sig, BM

jmnielsen
01-11-13, 11:28
^^ i agree with that. BM would be my last choice for sure.

FeltaDorce
01-11-13, 16:25
I have never personally owned a Sig, but I have owned the other 2 brands. My prefs fall right in line with the above posters. The S&W was a much better tool than the BM. Better fit and finish (prob the best I have seen from any AR company) and much better reliability. That said, my MOST RELIABLE (eats and shits any ammo without issue) tools have been Colts.

twistedcomrade
01-11-13, 17:53
If I wanted another AR I would grab anyone one of the three. Having said that, I agree with the above.

kcara
01-11-13, 18:41
IMO... S&W, Sig, BM

^^^^ This. Of course, in this environment, you may have to get the bushmaster if that is all they have available.

NeoNeanderthal
01-11-13, 19:07
I would trust S&W most out of the three. I recently got my Armorers certification at sig suer academy and spent the day working on a M400. Everything was properly staked and functioned well. However, the only difference between it and a standard ar that i could see was some extra pin that would "stop the extractor from flying out and killing someone if the gun blows up" and integrated qd swivels. For the price???? Id rather go with a company with better quality control. If i could get an insane deal on one maybe id get a m400.

sixthofjune44
01-11-13, 20:06
The M400 also has an ambidextrous mag release for weak hand manipulations or lefties. Also, it has an accu-wedge built in to keep the upper and lower tight. Along w/ the quick detach swivels on both sides makes a pretty good bang for the buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eodinert
01-11-13, 20:59
At least one Bushmaster I know of burned through 10,000 rounds without a malfunction... you could do worse.

2tango2
01-11-13, 22:50
In the last 2 months I have bought 2 ( my first 2) ARs. A Windham MPC and a Sig Enhanced M400. Other brands have been non existent The LGS did get some Colt 6520s in yesterday. No idea how much they were getting for them

Windham was 1049 and the Sig was 1499

Yes paid a premium but not looking back at all on making those purchases

I'd love to have gotten a Smith if I could find one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fdxpilot
01-12-13, 00:46
Of the 3, I would definitely take the S&W. I wouldn't own a Bushie, but would get the Sig if I couldn't get a S&W. I don't know much about the Sig ARs, and only have Sig's general reputation to go on. My impression of that is the general quality of all Sig weapons has declined in recent years, hence the preference for the S&W. Of course, if you can find a Colt, DD, BCM, or LMT, I would jump all over that at any reasonable price.

Bulletdog
01-12-13, 14:04
I've shot two Sigs and both were "picky" about ammo. The groups were 1" to 3" prone at only 25 yards. At one class the instructors thought the shooter was way off, so they stuck me behind the rifle. I got them tighter than him, but still way off. Some other students offered up some different brands of ammo and the groups tightened up significantly with some brands.

I shot all the different brands of ammo out of my LMT Lower BCM upper, for comparison, and produced one ragged hole with around 30 rounds. Only 25 yards mind you, but the difference in the two rifles was striking.

I have no experience with the other two choices. There have been S&Ws on the firing line at each of my classes and they all ran fine. No issues.

Spikele
01-12-13, 18:33
S&W. Reliable and they've been used in other depts around the country over the last few years.

thehun
01-12-13, 23:22
I had a SW....never skipped a beat...I think SW is one of the best "store" bought gun

malstew123
01-13-13, 00:02
I say SW over BM and Sig. I have a mp15ts and like it a lot. Hopefully its a model with a dust cover, I believe their sporter model doesn't have one or a forward assist either.