PDA

View Full Version : Do we have any Chess players on M4C?

Magic_Salad0892
01-11-13, 19:30
It's a game I've always loved, and I'm curious if we have anybody else here who loves it too.

How often do you play?
Favorite pieces?
What is your play style?

Etc.

Also, I found this video that isn't bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHoRs6Ws2Yw

austinN4
01-11-13, 19:39
How often do you play? Every day - at least 4 or 5 games against my computer. I find very few people that play.

Favorite pieces? The Queen, of course!

What is your play style? Get out front first and be aggressive.

VA_Dinger
01-11-13, 19:48
I play 4-6 chess games a day.

Queen.

No idea what style I have, but I love the game.

theblackknight
01-11-13, 19:48
Im terrible but I like to play. I like the fact you can objectively gauge intelligence from the math involved in chess.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

Magic_Salad0892
01-11-13, 19:53
I wonder if there's an online program or any way we on M4C can play a few games together?

(I'm partial to bishops myself.)

Trajan
01-11-13, 20:11
I enjoy the game, but don't play very often. If I am playing a board game, it's either chess or Risk.

My favorite pieces are the knights.

spr1
01-11-13, 20:21
I love playing chess.
I play with either my son when he is back from college or my wife as often as possible.
Favorite piece? All of them.
My father made a very nice wood chess board for us and gave us some nicely carved wood pieces.
My style? Not sure. About the only identifiable trait I have is that if I end up behind the curve I invariably attack with anything and everything until I have changed the dynamics.

Scoby
01-11-13, 20:30
Oh yeah. For years.
Taught my son to play and we play whenever we have the time.

Everyone loves the Queen. Me too. Outside of her, the Bishop.

Aggressive to a fault.

GeorgiaBoy
01-11-13, 20:39
I wonder if there's an online program or any way we on M4C can play a few games together?

(I'm partial to bishops myself.)

Chess.com allows you to create an account and play with "friends".

I use to have an account a long time ago and played with random players. Then I started just playing real life chess with friends and playing iChess on the Macbook..

I play several times a week.
Favorite pieces are the bishop and knight.
I mix my playing style up. Sometimes I'm aggressive at first and then become careful, other times I'm slow then become aggressive.

SteyrAUG
01-11-13, 20:48
I do, or at least I did.

I never learned any specified strategies, I prefer to play the game as it comes to me. This means I sometimes loose to a first year chess club guy. But that is how I prefer to play it.

It's also been awhile as I'm usually too busy to play the game, if I'm gonna play I want NOTHING else occupying my thoughts and I have to have true free time to play.

And perhaps most importantly, it's been awhile since I knew ANYONE I was interested in playing a game of chess with. I had a decent neighbor years ago who was intelligent enough to play a good game but I really haven't played since he moved.

I'd have more luck finding somebody willing to loan me a bong in my zip code than finding somebody who I'd be interested in playing a game of chess with.

I tend to hold my Queen in reserve, and use my bishops and rook to attack.

crusader377
01-12-13, 00:43
I love playing chess and I play at well over a couple hundred live games a year. Favorite pieces queen, rook, but I'm also very effective with knights. I'm fairly flexible in my game but normally play an open game and lead with the queen's pawn and quickly develop my bishops and knights. Although it has been awhile since I was rated, my last rating in the high 1800s although I have beat on several occasions players in the 2000-2100 range.