PDA

View Full Version : Shame Chris Cox didn't make the initial NRA statement instead of LaPierre.

jaydoc1
01-12-13, 00:44
I like Wayne but compared to him Chris Cox is much more dynamic and actually appears much more knowledgeable.

Here he is with Megyn Kelly on Fox after the meeting with Biden.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2088158329001/

khc3
01-12-13, 10:40
I have never found LaPierre to be a persuasive speaker.

It amazes me that an organization with such resources can't do any better as spokesman.

MountainRaven
01-12-13, 10:44
Charlton Heston left some mighty big shoes to fill.

Jer
01-12-13, 23:22
I don't like LaPierre. At all.

Cox, much better. I like Cox.

shootist~
01-12-13, 23:49
I caught the Chris Cox interview - he is very good.

CNN (even) had two very persuasive pro gun interviews tonight. One, a Ga. sheriff made an excellent case pointing out a pump shotgun or even a lever gun (in the wrong hands) would be just as deadly as anything if the BG was proficient. He pointed out that magazine capacity has nothing to do with it.

The other one, an ex cop and now a gun store owner also made some excellent points and was even allowed some extra air time over what was allotted.

theblackknight
01-13-13, 00:02
Blaming viggah games and violent movies was surely not his best moment.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

Larry Vickers
01-13-13, 00:06
When the dust settles on all this hopefully in our favor we will need to have a real heart to heart with the NRA about LaPierre ; he absolutely should not be the public face of the NRA- I do not know of a single member that likes him speaking on our behalf

Trust me I will send the message to them - but now is not the time

After the battle is won.....

RyanB
01-13-13, 00:11
LaPierre has about as little charisma as a human being can and still remain employed.

Jer
01-13-13, 00:18
Blaming viggah games and violent movies was surely not his best moment.

We must have been watching a different video. He made a couple references to a 'violent culture' which can mean a number of things but that was far from his key points. I think that his key points were very solid and also his way of talking and tone are not off-putting to those on the other side who might actually think he's willing to work with them to address the actual concerns. That's a lot more than I can say for most pro-2A people who usually get put on TV for shock value.

When the dust settles on all this hopefully in our favor we will need to have a real heart to heart with the NRA about LaPierre ; he absolutely should not be the public face of the NRA- I do not know of a single member that likes him speaking on our behalf

Trust me I will send the message to them - but now is not the time

After the battle is won.....

Unless it's lost. Then it's too late. Ravens fired their offensive coordinator at the end of the season right in the midst of a push for the playoffs. Most would say this was bad timing. Most wouldn't have anything to say about it after tonight's win over a team most thought was the best overall team in the NFL.

theblackknight
01-13-13, 01:53
We must have been watching a different video. He made a couple references to a 'violent culture' which can mean a number of things but that was far from his key points. I think that his key points were very solid and also his way of talking and tone are not off-putting to those on the other side who might actually think he's willing to work with them to address the actual concerns. That's a lot more than I can say for most pro-2A people who usually get put on TV for shock value.

Lapeirre's press conference thing. He tried blaming video games. I was embarrassed.

Jer
01-13-13, 02:27
Lapeirre's press conference thing. He tried blaming video games. I was embarrassed.

Oh, right. I saw that too & was also embarrassed for gun owners everywhere upon seeing that.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-13-13, 02:50
LaPierre looks like he's a child molester or just crapped his pants and doesn't want anyone to know it. He never seems to be totally comfortable with the material and looks pained to give speeches. Maybe he is a great administrator, but they need some other image.

Can we get one of the Chenney women to do it? How are they on guns?

7 RING
01-13-13, 10:15

Some psychologists make the comparison between combat simulators and video games that children play. Some of the training pertaining to school shootings that I attended over the past fifteen years included that topic in the presentations. That was probably the reason LaPierre brought up the subject. Without parental supervision, in my humble opinion video games do have some effect on a developing mind.

I am retired LEO and based on my personal experience at work, I believe that the reduction in funds for mental health treatment has played a bigger role in the increase in the crime rate and workplace/school violence than many other factors. I believe that it is both unwise and unfair to those who need mental health treatment to ignore the issue of properly funding and administering treatment.

I believe that Wayne LaPierre is not the best choice for NRA spokesperson. I would have liked to have seen LaPierre better prepared to answer questions during his Meet The Press interview. Does the NRA have a well spoken female, hispanic or african american person who can handle media interviews, press releases, etc. in lieu of LaPierre? We need to use some of the same strategies as the people who oppose the Second Amendment and consider using someone other than a white male to act as a spokesperson.