PDA

View Full Version : New 700SPS Tac - upgrades?

turbo38gn
01-12-13, 08:09
Ok, in spite of wanting a Savage... the first deal that came around brought me a Rem 700 Tactical. It came with an upgraded bolt handle, 20-50 scope and a 6-9" Harris bi-pod. Cost was an AR 15 upper I put together and was into pretty cheaply. So I'm pretty happy to give up product for product, no money exchanged other than a few bucks for fuel. :) I got plenty of AR's.... :cool:

Now, after my reading here and elsewhere, it seems the main issue or upgrade I should look to do is upgrade the stock. Bearing in mind, funds are low, what suggestions and why. Also what kind of money will the options cost? My plans for this gun are just occasional target shooting at this point for my own enjoyment. My longest local range available to me at the moment is 300 yds. That's not to say I won't be finding a much longer range to shoot at in the future as well as some possible LR training at some point.

Thank you

turbo38gn
01-12-13, 08:25
Oh ya... here's a pic of my new little baby next to his big brother...

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg16/JCottonjr/Guns%20-%202013/308-338.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg16/JCottonjr/Guns%20-%202013/308-338-2.jpg

austinN4
01-12-13, 11:49
Now, after my reading here and elsewhere, it seems the main issue or upgrade I should look to do is upgrade the stock. Bearing in mind, funds are low, what suggestions and why.
This is probably true, but I would shoot it first before I made any changes. Who knows, you might like it?

But if I were changing the stock, I would look for a used or takeoff. The 700P comes with a H-S Precision® composite stock reinforced with Du Pont Kevlar and fiberglass. You can frequently find a one at a good price on the EE here, or at Sniper Central or Sniper's Hide.

turbo38gn
01-12-13, 16:25
This is probably true, but I would shoot it first before I made any changes. Who knows, you might like it?

But if I were changing the stock, I would look for a used or takeoff. The 700P comes with a H-S Precision® composite stock reinforced with Du Pont Kevlar and fiberglass. You can frequently find a one at a good price on the EE here, or at Sniper Central or Sniper's Hide.

Ok, that sounds good, that's the stock on the Savage 338L in the picture