PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Predictions

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-12-13, 12:07
As shocking as it may seem, there is something else out there to talk about other than gun control :eek:

What are your predictions for the NFL playoffs after this weekend, and eventually the Super Bowl?

For me:

Ravens v Broncos: Broncos
Packers v 49ers: Packers
Texans v Patriots: Patriots
Seahawks v Falcons: Falcons

Conference:
Broncos v Patriots: Broncos
Falcons v Packers: Falcons

Super Bowl
Broncos v Falcons: Broncos

AKDoug
01-12-13, 12:28
Seahawks all the way :D

Smash
01-12-13, 12:55
I won't have any faith in the falcons until they prove more than a great regular season record.

The Seahawks secondary is very dominate. Should be a good game.

madisonsfinest
01-12-13, 13:24
I'm going

Seahawks v Falcons: Seahawks

Conference:
Broncos v Patriots: Patriots
Seahawks v Packers: Packers
Super Bowl
Patriots v Packers: Packers

chuckman
01-12-13, 14:08
I really would like to see the Packers make it back to the Super Bowl, and for New England to fall flat. With Duke losing today, I need a good Pack win to cheer me up.

montanadave
01-12-13, 14:18
I'll take the Ravens and Niners today, the Pats and the Falcons tomorrow.

Next weekend, give me the Ravens and the Niners.

And the Niners take home the ring.

VIP3R 237
01-12-13, 14:36
I hope manning gets sacked all night long in denver. But they will win tonight however with a healthy ravens D that will make it a much closer game than last time. But then denver gets shellacked by new england next week. Denver is 1-3 against remaining playoff teams in the AFC and Manning is sub .500 in the playoffs so i dont have as much faith in denver to get past this round as some.

Green Bay and San Fran could be a very good game. If the 49ers line was 100% i would pick them, but GB has Aaron Rodgers and i think hes as good as it get right now. its going to be a close one but i think if GB can control SF's running game then they will squeak out a win.

Seattle's D is scary good, i think they will beat atlanta pretty well and probably face Green Bay and Rodgers will get revenge for the earlier controversial loss.

So Green Bay vs Tom Brady and the Patriots for the Super Bowl is my prediction.

SOWT
01-12-13, 17:59
Seahawks v Falcons: Seahawks

Conference:
Broncos v Patriots: Bronco's
Seahawks v Packers: Packers

Super Bowl
Broncos v Packers: Broncos

01-12-13, 18:03
Broncos. Peyton gets another ring and Vol fans have at least a little something to be happy about.

Sam
01-12-13, 18:11
It looked like LSHD is the only one so far to predict the Falcons to win the NFC. I'm curious what you based that on, I'm interested to hear your reason.

As a Georgian and Falcons fan since I moved here in 1975, I've been disappointed so many times. Even with this current Mike Smith team, they have not won one playoff game.

Seeing them play all 16 games, I've noticed their weaknesses.

Lack of running game: Michael Turner just can't make any yardage. On third and one, he would lose 2. On fourth and one, he would get stopped. He can't run in the middle, he's slowing down and can't get outside. Every now and then he'd break one, but that's a rarity. I think their offensive line just can't make a hole for him. It's tough to win against a good team without a running game.

Offensive line: Poor in the run. They do a respectable job protecting Matt Ryan most of the season. Let's hope they can give Ryan time to pass. If they do, the Falcons will be ok.

Defensive backs: Nagging injuries to several DBs have given opposing QBs and wide receivers to pick them apart.

Overall, the defense bend but don't break.

The offense needs to show up and be aggressive, or it will be another 0-1 post season.

Rise Up !

GeorgiaBoy
01-12-13, 18:15
I'm not into the whole predictions thing, nor do I keep track of them enough to give a qualified opinion on them.

But I am going to the Falcons game tomorrow (first NFL game), and it sounds like it will be a good one.

usmcvet
01-12-13, 18:24
Go Pats Go! :D

S-1
01-12-13, 18:47
I'll take the Broncos and Niners today, the Pats and the Seahawks tomorrow.

Next weekend, give me the Broncos and the Seahawks.

And Manning gets another ring in Denver.

This is what I predicted. Even though I would like to see Seattle beat Denver in the SB.

The Falcons are going to struggle big time against Seattle, IMO. All Atlanta can do is throw, and they will be throwing against the biggest and most aggressive CB's and Safety's in the league. I think the Redskins had a better chance at beating Seattle than the Falcons do.

usmcvet
01-12-13, 19:11
Denver game just went into OT.

VIP3R 237
01-12-13, 19:45
Pick by Ravens D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BALTIMORE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

usmcvet
01-12-13, 19:48
That was an awesome game.

S-1
01-12-13, 19:54
Pick by Ravens D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BALTIMORE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great. We get to listen to the commentators continuously talk about the murderer Ray Lewis for another game.

Smash
01-12-13, 20:01
I received this as a gift from my girlfriends parents last Christmas. Needless to say I had a goodnight watching that game tonight.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g342/F2SConsulting/92bf6ca5.jpg

Smash
01-12-13, 20:03
Great. We get to listen to the commentators continuously talk about the murderer Ray Lewis for another game.

If the glove don't fit, you must acquit. Ha

montanadave
01-12-13, 20:04
So, uh, too late to revise my picks? :laugh:

usmcvet
01-12-13, 20:04

I thought I was the only one who still thought that way about him! :D

usmcvet
01-12-13, 20:05
So, uh, too late to revise my picks? :laugh:

:sarcastic:

Don't tell anyone just use the magic edit button. :D

chuckman
01-12-13, 20:05

Naw, man....did you hear him after the game? He found Jesus....

usmcvet
01-12-13, 20:07
Naw, man....did you hear him after the game? He found Jesus....

That's when I switched. I don't think anyone's God is worried about what team wins and looses.

Smash
01-12-13, 20:19
The football Gods

chuckman
01-12-13, 20:20
...and that Green Bay fu**er that pooched the punt catch....damn, I need another beer...

When my wife and kids ask why I get so upset at stuff like that, I remind them how much they get paid to make that catch.

Belmont31R
01-12-13, 20:24
Just tuned into the GB SF game.

Very odd season as far as teams go.

Ugh what a dumb throw! :rolleyes:

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-12-13, 20:39
I need a drink, gotta wash this crow taste out of my mouth.

Magic_Salad0892
01-12-13, 20:40
I really don't want the goddamn Niners to make it to the Superbowl.

Belmont31R
01-12-13, 20:47
GB has been missing the 20-30 yard consistent throws this year in the games Ive seen. They could routinely get down the field quickly in the past. This year it seems like they don't have that, and are struggling like a more average team to get yards with a lot more running and short throws.

Their defense has always been meh but been able to make up with offense. They don't have that ability to get down the field quickly anymore that Ive seen.

VIP3R 237
01-12-13, 22:26
Dang green bay is getting killed. Well ill be 0-2 but im glad I was wrong with the donkeys.

Sam
01-13-13, 14:10
It is near the end of the third quarter and I can't believe that Falcons have a 20 points lead, Turner and Quiz have over 50 yards rushing a piece.

montanadave
01-13-13, 14:34
It is near the end of the third quarter and I can't believe that Falcons have a 20 points lead, Turner and Quiz have over 50 yards rushing a piece.

Don't count those chickens just yet! :D

VIP3R 237
01-13-13, 14:36
and just like that Seattle is within a touchdown of tieing the game

Sam
01-13-13, 14:42
Not counting the chicken yet. LOL

Was surprised of the big lead at the end of the third quarter though. It's a game now. Falcons defense gotta pick up those receivers.

Edited to add: The monkey is off the Falcons back. On to the NFC Championship.

VIP3R 237
01-13-13, 15:20
and Atlanta avoids a Denver style choke job. Great game though.

chuckman
01-13-13, 15:27
Every effen' team I effen' hate is effen' winning this weekend....

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-13-13, 15:29
Every effen' team I effen' hate is effen' winning this weekend....

I'm in the same boat. For the first time in my life, I want the Pats to win the Superbowl so I can return some normalcy to my life. Although, Gary Kubiak is a Denver son, it would be fun to see him prove himself.

GeorgiaBoy
01-13-13, 16:01
Seahawks were going to win, huh?

:rolleyes:

AKDoug
01-13-13, 21:35
Should've just let Longwell give it a shot from 65. The only reason a kicker has a longest successful field goal stat is that is the longest distance a coach has allowed them to try. Indoors, with no wind, I would have tried the field goal. Oh well. If they hadn't ****ed up the clock management at the end of the first half, that would have helped too.

usmcvet
01-14-13, 07:27
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/peyton_manning_ray_lewis_locker_room-4_3_r536_c534.png

Manning waited 1.5 hours after the game to speak to Lewis in the locker room.

VIP3R 237
01-14-13, 11:24
Such class. I would've loved to be a fly on the wall and heard what was said. They will both be enshrined in Canton.

TurretGunner
01-16-13, 15:42
Such class. I would've loved to be a fly on the wall and heard what was said. They will both be enshrined in Canton.

Yep,

Both are the greatest ever to play their position.

Now lets get Reed, Suggs, Ngata and Boldin a Ring and Ray a second.

VIP3R 237
01-16-13, 22:08
Yep,

Both are the greatest ever to play their position.

Now lets get Reed, Suggs, Ngata and Boldin a Ring and Ray a second.

Im still in the Montana fan club for GOAT QB because he actually won in the playoffs, but Lewis is 2nd to none.

usmcvet
01-20-13, 17:58
Damn I get worked up watching these games!

Sam
01-20-13, 19:21
Falcons had the lead at half time but failed to adjust in the second half and lost. :(

GeorgiaBoy
01-20-13, 19:47
Falcons had the lead at half time but failed to adjust in the second half and lost. :(

They were perfectly capable of winning that game. They made a few stupid mistakes and paid for it.

They did a lot better than most expected they would.

Sam
01-20-13, 19:54
They were perfectly capable of winning that game. They made a few stupid mistakes and paid for it.

They did a lot better than most expected they would.

Yep. That catch and fall by Harry Douglas in the 4th quarter was one big example. He was wide open but stumbled and made an easy catch into a dramatic-had to be challenged situation. Had he stayed on his feet, he would have scored.

Another one was Matt Ryan's fumble of the snap. They were moving and in the 49ers territory.

GeorgiaBoy
01-20-13, 20:23
Yep. That catch and fall by Harry Douglas in the 4th quarter was one big example. He was wide open but stumbled and made an easy catch into a dramatic-had to be challenged situation. Had he stayed on his feet, he would have scored.

Another one was Matt Ryan's fumble of the snap. They were moving and in the 49ers territory.

The 49er fumble on the goal line was a critical time for the Falcons to push it down the field. And all they managed to do was move it 8 yards and punt...

IMO, the Falcons "deserved" to win if only for the fact they were so underrated. Their performance in the first half was lightyears ahead of the 49ers .

usmcvet
01-20-13, 20:26
Not looking good for the Pats.

usmcvet
01-20-13, 20:43
Go 49ers!

TurretGunner
01-20-13, 20:55
VICTORYYYYYYYY ,

This is the greatest moment of my life.

Smash
01-20-13, 21:02
VICTORYYYYYYYY ,

This is the greatest moment of my life.

Haha how old are you? 12?

Just kidding, but they won it all in 2000

usmcvet
01-20-13, 21:04
Nah I bet he is 19 at least. I'm all for hugging but Lewis cuddling the owner was very strange!:dirol:

Smash
01-20-13, 21:08
Nah I bet he is 19 at least. I'm all do hugging butbLewis cuddling the owner was very strange!:dirol:

I still have the autographed Authentic Ray Lewis Jersey in a sealed bag. I think if they win it all this year ill get in framed with some Super Bowl Gear with it.

TurretGunner
01-20-13, 21:16
Haha how old are you? 12?

Just kidding, but they won it all in 2000

I was still in high school in 2000... That was a magical year

But I have been waiting 12 years for this......

Damn It feels good!

usmcvet
01-20-13, 21:22

Damn It feels good!

It does feel good. Enjoy it! The first time the Pats went I was in 8 th grade. It was a rough time for me. 46-10. I wasn't following football much in '96 when they lost again. 2001 was pretty special for me.

Now I can relax during the Super Bowl.

VIP3R 237
01-20-13, 21:26
It does feel good. Enjoy it! The first time the Pats went I was in 8 th grade. It was a rough time for me. 46-10. I wasn't following football much in '96 when they lost again. 2001 was pretty special for me.

Now I can relax during the Super Bowl.

As a Raiders fan all I can say about 01 is It was a Fumble!

Smash
01-20-13, 21:32

Damn It feels good!

I was in 8th grade.

usmcvet
01-20-13, 21:34

Dude did you see Ridley get knocked out! He did fumble but man he was unconscious. I was surprised at no flag for helmet to helmet.

It will be interesting to see the brothers fighting it out.

Smash
01-20-13, 21:36
Dude did you see Ridley get knocked out! He did fumble but man he was unconscious. I was surprised at no flag for helmet to helmet.

There's no protection for a running back on those plays. Or for quarterback that scramble or wide outs on end a rounds etc.

Did you see the ridiculous amount of times Pollard has ruined patriots players seasons?

Smash
01-20-13, 21:37

HarBowl!

VIP3R 237
01-20-13, 21:37

Yeah that always scares me a bit when I see a guy rag doll like that. Hopefully he is ok.

I cant wait for the Harbaugh Bowl. I think it is going to be a great game.

Edit: Smash, HarBowl wins.

usmcvet
01-20-13, 21:41
Yes I saw that on replay. It got ugly once Ridley was KO'd. The Raven earned it. I know it wasn't the "defenseless" receiver type call. I just thought it would be a penalty. It is frustrating how they throw flags so often.

Smash
01-20-13, 21:45
I agree with the frustrations. As a tackler you have no idea if the individual catching a pass is going to stay upright or bend over to brace for a hit. So you aim for the waist and he bends at the waist and now it's helmet to helmet. Garbage. There are some that are blatant targeting hits and I understand those. But Pitta was hit in the head as well by spikes the play before his touchdown and it was as bang bang as the one called against the Ravens and the announcers both say "Clean hit".

usmcvet
01-20-13, 21:51
Yeah that always scares me a bit when I see a guy rag doll like that. Hopefully he is ok.

I cant wait for the Harbaugh Bowl. I think it is going to be a great game.

Edit: Smash, HarBowl wins.. I'm sure he lost a few brain cells in that one! He walked to the locker room so that's a good start.

I agree with the frustrations. As a tackler you have no idea if the individual catching a pass is going to stay upright or bend over to brace for a hit. So you aim for the waist and he bends at the waist and now it's helmet to helmet. Garbage. There are some that are blatant targeting hits and I understand those. But Pitta was hit in the head as well by spikes the play before his touchdown and it was as bang bang as the one called against the Ravens and the announcers both say "Clean hit".

Yeah dirty is one thing but it is a little unfair to the defender.

TurretGunner
01-20-13, 21:52

****ing Tuck Rule......

TurretGunner
01-20-13, 21:52

Pollard AKA the Patriot Killer!!!!

TurretGunner
01-20-13, 21:54
Time to Go out to the Bars in NOVA and celbrate......

Being able to talk shit with the morons here for the inauguration will just be a bonus.....

IN RAY WE TRUST!

VIP3R 237
01-20-13, 23:07
****ing Tuck Rule......

Even though i root for the Pats, this still pisses me off, Oakland more than likely would've beat down the Rams and won a 4th super bowl that we could've shoved in the faces of the broncos, chargers, and chiefs fans. Have you heard the Chargers ring tone? its all vibrations with no rings! :D

Pollard AKA the Patriot Killer!!!!

Its crazy how he is the Achilles Heel of the Pats. He should paint their numbers on his helmet like they do with fighter aircraft to designate kills.