PDA

View Full Version : Ruger made it one click to contact all your reps!!

shua713
01-12-13, 17:54
http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

Good for Ruger!

Makes it so simple to contact all your reps there is absolutely no excuse now.

Boys and Girls, send the letters.

I saw this on another site and think everyone needs to do their part.

Josh

Joe Mamma
01-12-13, 18:52
This works, and it takes less than 1 minute.

Joe Mamma

An Undocumented Worker
01-12-13, 19:13
Looks like Ruger is really trying to dig themselves out of the PR hole they dug in 94.

Dave L.
01-12-13, 19:56
It should be that easy on the NRA site. Score one for Ruger!

MERICA!

currahee
01-12-13, 19:57
Looks like Ruger is really trying to dig themselves out of the PR hole they dug in 94.

For me they did when they started making sensible weapons available again. 94 was the action of one man... and he's dead.

Good on Ruger.

Cagemonkey
01-12-13, 20:05
So easy a Monkey can do it. :sarcastic:

RWBlue
01-12-13, 20:27
Ruger did good this ban.

Larry Vickers
01-13-13, 00:14
The reason you have seen a Ruger AR, 1911 and other things that you would have never guessed they would make is because no one from the Ruger family is involved in the business anymore - his son was the last and the investors bought him out awhile back

Good riddance - Good on the current Ruger leadership for doing he right thing

recon
01-13-13, 09:36
Done! Nice and easy! This should be a STICKY!!!!

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

MAUSER202
01-13-13, 18:46
Done! Nice and easy! This should be a STICKY!!!!

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Works great!, Real fast and easy. I posted the link on 4 other forums I belong to.

Let really push this one there is no excuse!

MCS
01-13-13, 18:49
Well done! More reason for me to get the gunsite.

seb5
01-13-13, 20:12
This is great. I too pretty much ignored them after the 94 debacle. Last week I bought a 10/22 takedown. Nice to know it was money to a supporter.

crusader377
01-13-13, 20:52
Thank you for sharing. Sent my letters and reposted the link to my facebook page to encourage others. I think we can beat the gun grabbers but all gun owners have to do their part to fight any legislation and this is a great tool to do it with.

buckshot1220
01-13-13, 22:22
I just checked again and I am extremely sad to say that only 163,xxx people have submitted their letters.

This is pathetic. In all the internet forums regarding firearms there has to be more than 163,000 posts from members bitching about gun control just in the last two weeks, yet they can't fill out LESS info than they put on a NICS form to possibly do something to stop this madness?!

Even if everyone that bought a gun in the past two weeks did this, we should be over 163,000!

Please guys, share the link everywhere you can. Facebook, Twitter, other forums that have nothing to do with guns. We've been quiet long enough, it is time to stop worrying about offending people and just put our views out there.

We are a nation with damn near 300,000,000 guns, we should have many, many more signatures!

GeorgiaBoy
01-13-13, 22:26
I just checked again and I am extremely sad to say that only 163,xxx people have submitted their letters.

This is pathetic. In all the internet forums regarding firearms there has to be more than 163,000 posts from members bitching about gun control just in the last two weeks, yet they can't fill out LESS info than they put on a NICS form to possibly do something to stop this madness?!

Even if everyone that bought a gun in the past two weeks did this, we should be over 163,000!

Please guys, share the link everywhere you can. Facebook, Twitter, other forums that have nothing to do with guns. We've been quiet long enough, it is time to stop worrying about offending people and just put our views out there.

We are a nation with damn near 300,000,000 guns, we should have many, many more signatures!

You are under the assumption that every gun owner uses the internet regularly in pursuit of their firearm's interests.

You are further under the assumption that the gun owners that do either a) frequently visit gun forums, or b) visit Ruger's website.

Your assumptions would be incorrect. ;)

buckshot1220
01-13-13, 22:48
You are under the assumption that every gun owner uses the internet regularly in pursuit of their firearm's interests.

You are further under the assumption that the gun owners that do either a) frequently visit gun forums, or b) visit Ruger's website.

Your assumptions would be incorrect. ;)

I'm quite aware, however, if we did a better job sharing this we could have a ton more.

I'm sure that more than 163,xxx people saw this, and a great many moved right along only to turn around and complain about the predicament we are in.

SteyrAUG
01-13-13, 22:50
The reason you have seen a Ruger AR, 1911 and other things that you would have never guessed they would make is because no one from the Ruger family is involved in the business anymore - his son was the last and the investors bought him out awhile back

Good riddance - Good on the current Ruger leadership for doing he right thing

Yep, it's a good thing. Bill Ruger wasn't much help a few decades ago.

SteyrAUG
01-13-13, 22:57
I'm quite aware, however, if we did a better job sharing this we could have a ton more.

I'm sure that more than 163,xxx people saw this, and a great many moved right along only to turn around and complain about the predicament we are in.

You're not wrong.

If this were a 9mm vs. .45 internet poll it would be over a million by now. This one is actually EASIER than the one on the NRA page which requires you to post on each government rep to send a letter.

Sadly many gun owners talk a good game about voting from the rooftops and molon labe but they won't even take the time to do something as simple as this.

But if we get a ban, the same people who didn't actually bother to click the link will be talking like their name is Sam Adams.

buckshot1220
01-13-13, 23:18
You're not wrong.

If this were a 9mm vs. .45 internet poll it would be over a million by now. This one is actually EASIER than the one on the NRA page which requires you to post on each government rep to send a letter.

Sadly many gun owners talk a good game about voting from the rooftops and molon labe but they won't even take the time to do something as simple as this.

But if we get a ban, the same people who didn't actually bother to click the link will be talking like their name is Sam Adams.

I think you are on to something here, Steyr.

We disguise the letter as a 9mm vs. .45 petition to get more people!

Seriously though, I am certainly not the most vocal in terms of writing my reps, but if people can't do this it is a damn shame.

buckshot1220
01-13-13, 23:22
Just to add. I've been kicking around getting either a S&W or Ruger .357 medium frame for woods carry. Until now I was still undecided. Simply due to Ruger's action taken on the issue, I will be buying their product when funds permit.

SteyrAUG
01-14-13, 12:21
Bumped.

crusader377
01-14-13, 12:52
C'Mon only 202,000 signatures, everyone on this forum should be forwarding this link to everyone they know who are interested in their 2A freedoms.

woodandsteel
01-14-13, 13:16
C'Mon only 202,000 signatures, everyone on this forum should be forwarding this link to everyone they know who are interested in their 2A freedoms.

This is super easy! :dirol:

I am sharing this link with everyone in my contacts list.

Noodles
01-14-13, 14:06
Just to add. I've been kicking around getting either a S&W or Ruger .357 medium frame for woods carry. Until now I was still undecided. Simply due to Ruger's action taken on the issue, I will be buying their product when funds permit.

I bought a 4" SP-101 and it's AWESOME for a hiking gun. Did put traush grips on it to fit my hands better, if I would have gone with the large and heavier GP-101 wouldn't have needed grips. Either way, the Ruger is a solid buy.

They are up to 209xxx (when I started this post it was 208,5xx) now. Great on Ruger lately. The Scout, new SP-101, 22/45 Threaded and Lite, 10/22 Takedown and threaded, 10/22 25-round mags, SP22 Threaded, and if I believed at all in piston ARs I'd have to say the SR-556 isn't awful and quite reasonably priced.

I'm more than happy to support Ruger going forward. Good job Ruger.

Vic303
01-14-13, 14:39
Done and simply too. But I fail to see the reason they think they need my phone number...:confused:

SteyrAUG
01-14-13, 14:53
Done and simply too. But I fail to see the reason they think they need my phone number...:confused:

It's so you can get robocalls for the rest of your life. The cost of simple contact. But it doesn't have to be YOUR phone number.

Feel free to use:

(202) 456-1111 (White House)
(304) 616-4419 (ATF Branch Chief)
(202) 224-3841 (Dianne Feinstein)
(202) 225-4965 (Nancy Pelosi)
(202) 225-5516 (Carolyn McCarthy)
(202) 224-6542 (Charles Schumer)
(202) 225-7931 (Debbie Wasserman Schultz)
(202) 225-3816 (Sheila Jackson Lee)

I just used my secondary cell phone which I rarely turn on.

ST911
02-18-13, 16:24
Hornady is now offering a similar service...

http://www.hornady.com/in-the-news/protect-your-rights