PDA

View Full Version : Glock "+" and "+2" Mag Extensions

Tornado_Racing
01-13-13, 07:44
Hey guys,

I was wondering the differences between the older Glock +2 and the newer + extensions? I've seen the + are a 2 piece design and the older +2 are just the extension. Are they the same thing but with a new spring retainer? The newer ones seem to make disassembly easier though.

ST911
01-13-13, 09:51
Hey guys,

I was wondering the differences between the older Glock +2 and the newer + extensions? I've seen the + are a 2 piece design and the older +2 are just the extension. Are they the same thing but with a new spring retainer? The newer ones seem to make disassembly easier though.

The newer are substantially more secure when installed on the mag. The revised triangular insert design protrudes into the mag well and stabilizes the spring better. Like the older extension, they increase capacity by two rounds in 9mm, and one round in 40/357, regardless of internet nomenclature. If your springs are GTG, they are reliable. I would use only the newest design for important purposes.

Tornado_Racing
01-13-13, 09:56
The newer are substantially more secure when installed on the mag. The revised triangular insert design protrudes into the mag well and stabilizes the spring better. Like the older extension, they increase capacity by two rounds in 9mm, and one round in 40/357, regardless of internet nomenclature. If your springs are GTG, they are reliable. I would use only the newest design for important purposes.

Older Design GTG for range sessions and training?

ST911
01-13-13, 10:15
Older Design GTG for range sessions and training?

For range gear, sure. Use the newer design for life support.

GLOCKMASTER
01-13-13, 13:37
I have found that if you use those extensions that you also would be wise to use Wolf + magazine springs.

Tornado_Racing
01-13-13, 13:41
I have found that if you use those extensions that you also would be wise to use Wolf + magazine springs.

Roger that............

Mak8080
01-13-13, 13:44
The newer +2 extension and Wolff springs are a great combo. I've had a couple of the older +2 ext/baseplates fly off unexpectedly over the years.

kantstudien
01-13-13, 14:35
The older design was meant for non full metal lined magazines only. They were junk that would cause speed unloads if you bumped a table.

The new design are for newer FML mags only and are bulletproof if installed correctly.

The two designs are not interchangeable.

ST911
01-13-13, 16:11

Alternatively, a 10 coil spring in compacts and subs, and an 11 coil in the standards work too. Though generally, I find that there's enough spring tension in the subs with the 9 coil that more isn't needed.

Wake27
07-08-13, 22:31
Anybody know where I can find them? For some reason I can't find them anywhere.

fail wagon
07-08-13, 22:40
unfortunately the only place I have found them is botach. Ordered them two different times. Free shipping and came in 4 days. I wouldn't recommend them for anything over $10 or if you are in a rush because if something goes south customer service doesn't exist. I wont go back

Up1911fan
07-08-13, 22:43
Anybody know where I can find them? For some reason I can't find them anywhere.

First place I looked.
http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=glock+magazine+extension

Wake27
07-08-13, 22:46
First place I looked.
http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=glock+magazine+extension

Thanks, I never use Midway so didn't even think about them.

Curry
07-08-13, 23:52
Here too. $9.95

http://gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=GLOCK-7151-7165

9mmsteve
07-09-13, 05:46

Unless you are putting the +2's on a G26, the g26 mag springs are the same as the G19.

Kain
07-09-13, 11:08
Was not aware of the change, may have to pick some up to play with now.

On second note, the older designs could and would unload your magazine for you as has already been stated. Saw a friend of mine's Glock 19 dump his entire mag all over the floor while he was putting on a jacket when the +2 he had on the mag decided it was unhappy and tried to run away. Resulted in us pulled every one of the +2 we had on duty gear off over the course of a few weeks. May try the new ones though and see, if nothing else just as a cheap range toy to play with.