PDA

View Full Version : predictions on what will come out of Biden this week?

kenndapp
01-14-13, 08:06
vp Biden and his merry band of idiots are expected to come with some "resolutions" and proposals early this week after meeting with pros and antis last week. Any predictions on what we are most likely to see out of Biden's little task force?

kyrin88
01-14-13, 08:13
Im pretty sure that if anything comes out of this, it will be a ban on 30rnd magazines and above. I think everyone has a similar feeling because the price of Ar mags is literally going up by the day. Its either that or they are going to inflict similar gun laws of California over the whole country.

ffhounddog
01-14-13, 08:14
We had meetings and we are going to host a new reality show without any violence or singing. Also all the soccor moms and dads who use TV for their babbysitter while they do other stuff will not have any change in programing. Your violet TV shows will still be on the air for your kids to watch and learn from since you have to be on facebook chatting with all your friends. So sayith the Biden.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-14-13, 08:21
"What will come out of Biden"

That is a loaded way of saying it.

montanadave
01-14-13, 08:33
I'll make a few predictions, but folks might want to check my picks in the NFL playoffs thread first. :sarcastic:

I think Biden's task force will recommend the obvious political choices: a renewed AWB, a ban on high-capacity mags, and universal background checks. There will also be calls for "further studies" into links between media/video game violence and gun violence coupled with "renewed focus" on diagnosis and treatment of mental illness in the United States, which is "Washingtonese" for "we'll give it lip service, appoint a 'blue-ribbon commission' which Congress will refuse to fund, and ultimately issue more recommendations for more action which Congress will not approve or fund."

As to what actually happens, I think universal background checks stand a good chance of happening, the mag ban will be an ugly fight but will ultimately come up short, and the AWB is a non-starter. A lot will depend on how Democrats in Congress craft this gun-control legislation. Will they look to pass individual measures or seek a comprehensive package? And, more importantly, will they be able to attach this legislation to a much larger omnibus bill addressing federal budget/spending/tax measures? This is where the real legislative infighting will take place and committee chairmanships and congressional leadership positions become critical.

Get ready to write lots of letters snd emails.

tb-av
01-14-13, 09:09
@MD, I pretty much agree with what you say. Basically they will conclude what they said they were going to do before they formed the committee.

I too think the 30rnd mag will be a big fight that we absolutely have to win as losing will set the stage for much worse to come.

What I'm not so sure about is what the O will do. He is going to make some sort of EO for something. His ego requires that and he has his Coronation coming up and a SOTU address. His ego will not bear not having rendered some ruling on the people. Maybe it will be the blanket NICS check, maybe mental health related, I don't know. I know there is a lot a restrictions as to what he can do, but I really do believe he will do something. It would go against his personality to not. Although I do hope I am wrong about that.

montanadave
01-14-13, 09:34
I'm not fully up to speed on the particulars, but it is my understanding that numerous state agencies are less than diligent in providing accurate and timely data to the feds for the insta-check system, thus creating a lot of gaps. As I think the universal background check has the best chance of making it into law, Obama may take action to force full compliance from each state. By doing so, he gets to take some executive action in support of a program which is likely to be expanded.

Caeser25
01-14-13, 10:09
Hot air.

kenndapp
01-14-13, 10:23
.........and followed by crap, yes.

mtdawg169
01-14-13, 10:28
I won't be surprised if we see mandatory background checks for all transactions and a magazine ban by Executive Order.

tb-av
01-14-13, 10:37
The O to give press conference in a few. Wonder if he will drop some hints.

DreadPirateMoyer
01-14-13, 10:42
No mags bans or AWBs. Those will be handled in Congress.

Reporting requirements on semi-auto purchases of 2 or more. Expanded mental health reporting. Lots of hot air.

OldState
01-14-13, 10:48
I too think the 30rnd mag will be a big fight that we absolutely have to win as losing will set the stage for much worse to come.

This is a good point

PA PATRIOT
01-14-13, 11:01
I'M going with Background checks for all firearm transfers commercial and private.

Better mental health reporting to the insta-check system of dangerous and involuntary committed persons.

Ban on the new manufacture of high capacity magazines, 15rds for rifles and 10rds for pistol.

Stop all imports of semi auto rifles and ammunition.

One time usage tax on all domestic made firearms which is paid at time of purchase.

Higher taxes on ammunition just like the ones on cigarettes.

I would suggest these may have the best chance at passing in todays political climate.

sjc3081
01-14-13, 11:04
What happens will be a blow to freedom and further the demise of our Republic.

thopkins22
01-14-13, 11:27
What happens will be a blow to freedom and further the demise of our Republic.

Pretty much what it comes down to. I'm actually hopeful that we can hold the line...but nothing he says will be good.

About the only thing they could say that won't infuriate me is improving NICS...and even then I bet they try and do it in a way that will harm freedom and not actually do anything worthwhile.

tb-av
01-14-13, 11:39
I'm not real clear what he meant about "data gathering' is something he can use EO on.

He did seem to concede that most will have to go to Congress. But not sure what "data" he is going to enforce through EO.

It's funny you see him just wanting to blurt it out but that would admit that the Biden deal was simply a dog and pony show.

OldState
01-14-13, 11:52
Obama just said he wasn't sure if any or all his proposals could get through Congress.

tb-av
01-14-13, 11:56
Wal-Mart suspends ammo purchase until after The O acts.

crusader377
01-14-13, 12:02
If you haven't done anything constructive in fighting the people who are trying to take your second amendment rights, Stop speculating and writing useless posts on what might happen and do something positive to prevent them ie.. Join or donated to the NRA, write letters to representives, etc...

TAZ
01-14-13, 12:20
I foresee an import ban on "assault rifles" aka semi auto rifles to the rest of us and an import ban on standard cap mags (anything above 10 rounds is my guess rifle or pistol is irrelevant). That's about all he can take care of via an EO and have a chance of not being over turned. He can try import ammo ban as well, but I don't see that as a priority.

I also foresee coercion of states for better reporting and adding mental health records.

I fear coercion of manufacturers via government contract stipulations. Coercion of banks to not lend...

Palmguy
01-14-13, 12:27
I won't be surprised if we see mandatory background checks for all transactions and a magazine ban by Executive Order.

Neither can be accomplished via EO.

rushca01
01-14-13, 12:29
Honest question, Are SCAR's considered made in the USA at the SC plant or Belgium?

thopkins22
01-14-13, 12:29

Of course you can't make recess appointments when the Senate is in session either.

Wait.... :suicide2:

Gramps
01-14-13, 12:41
Isn't that like predicting what a "Sociopath" will say? I think there should be a mental health check for all in high Govt. positions. If you are at all having ANY problems/conditions, then your OUT too! Just like they put on the US subjects they rule over.

a1fabweld
01-14-13, 12:49
11+ round magazine ban for sure.

Maybe CA gun laws (actually 1994 Clinton AW ban laws that CA decided to make permanent) may spread throughout the country.

Maybe some type of ammo restrictions as far as quantity per visit, mail order restrictions, ammo purchase logs, etc... Some parts of CA already have fingerprint for ammo purchases BS & logs kept on file for who bought what.

Maybe an all out black rifle ban.

Many ridiculous ideas will be presented I'm sure. It only matters what gets voted in. Biden is supposed to light this off tomorrow right?

I hope the day never comes when you "Free Staters" are asking us beaten dogs in CA "So how does this magazine lock shit work?"

I was just joking with a friend yesterday saying "I wonder what a tactical whatever gun show would look like when they're demonstrating drills with fixed magazine rifles, fumbling with bullet buttons, & 10 round mags?" LMAO!

a1fabweld
01-14-13, 12:53

Why couldn't a mag ban be EO'd? Are 11+ round mags technically a 2A issue? I'm not comfortable dismissing anything off at this point.

DreadPirateMoyer
01-14-13, 12:57
EOs are clarifications or interpretations of existing laws. Hence, why Obama could EO a ban on "assault rifle" imports (because a law banning non-sporting imports already exists).

There is no such law on the books for domestic magazines or "assault rifles." Hence, there's nothing for him to clarify or interpret. It would be the political equivalent of dividing by zero.

He's stupid and ignorant, but not enough to try to EO a total ban on mags and AWs.

Alaskapopo
01-14-13, 13:11
11+ round magazine ban for sure.

Maybe CA gun laws (actually 1994 Clinton AW ban laws that CA decided to make permanent) may spread throughout the country.

Maybe some type of ammo restrictions as far as quantity per visit, mail order restrictions, ammo purchase logs, etc... Some parts of CA already have fingerprint for ammo purchases BS & logs kept on file for who bought what.

Maybe an all out black rifle ban.

Many ridiculous ideas will be presented I'm sure. It only matters what gets voted in. Biden is supposed to light this off tomorrow right?

I hope the day never comes when you "Free Staters" are asking us beaten dogs in CA "So how does this magazine lock shit work?"

I was just joking with a friend yesterday saying "I wonder what a tactical whatever gun show would look like when they're demonstrating drills with fixed magazine rifles, fumbling with bullet buttons, & 10 round mags?" LMAO!
It might happen in blue states but not red states. I don't see how you can live in California as a gun enthusiast.

OldState
01-14-13, 13:15
Why couldn't a mag ban be EO'd? Are 11+ round mags technically a 2A issue? I'm not comfortable dismissing anything off at this point.

Please watch this for clarification

http://www.fox19.com/story/20559098/reality-check-executive-order-for-gun-control-can-it-happen

a1fabweld
01-14-13, 13:53
It might happen in blue states but not red states. I don't see how you can live in California as a gun enthusiast.

Up & leaving is easier said than done. I'm in Nor-Cal which is much more like the rest of the country. I avoid So-Cal & the Bay Area as much as possible. Unforunately, being self employed, It's pretty hard to jump states. Someday I will leave, but for now, I avoid the liberals that plague this beautiful state. I was born & raised here by conservative parents. I'm not attached to this state at this point & if the finances were in order, I'd burn rubber from it. I love guns as much as the next guy, but family comes first.