PDA

View Full Version : Tavor TAR-21 Review

TV-PressPass
01-14-13, 11:37
I'm getting ready to head out to the range here to try out the IWI US Tavor rifle, and am super excited to see how it compares with the Israeli made one we've got in Canada.

This here is my full review of my Tavor after two years of shooting the rifle. Obviously I'm a big fan, but I try to cover some stuff in here for new shooters and anyone considering the rifle as an option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6eG_xuQDcg

And a picture of my CTAR equivalent, because all new threads should have at least one pretty picture.

Is there anything specific people want me to check on at Shot Show?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8088/8372757127_8f8b2c7a8e_c.jpg

Shoulderthinggoesup
01-14-13, 19:48
If I am not too late, I would really like to know more about performance suppressed.

dashotgun
01-14-13, 20:06
yes please ask them if the modified the bolt hold back to fix the 'problem' with pmags

TV-PressPass
01-14-13, 22:20
First impressions today were good. Its definitely the same rifle. I'd say the IWI US version has a better trigger though.

Going to take one apart tomorrow morning and learn more.

Not much suppressed experience yet unfortunately. I only know one Canadian who's got the proper permits. I might make a trip out to visit him in the spring though and do some tests.

TV-PressPass
01-15-13, 11:31
Video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEj1QR8fd2M

dashotgun
01-15-13, 14:27
minus the mepro that is what I ordered. Any word on the Pmags. Glad the trigger is better. Another question how do you do a bolt hold back on an empty mag My ranges rules flag the chamber on no mag bolt back?

Ick
01-15-13, 14:42
Good work. Thanks.

Skudshark
01-16-13, 18:25
Curious what trigger pull is like on it lb-wise?
Have you had any issues with any particular mag brand with yours? Really hoping IWI US can get these out ASAP, so envious over here lol.

dashotgun
01-16-13, 18:42
from a previous post had a problem with p mags on the canadian version supposedly the rounded opening snaged the bolt hold open. If he squared them up with a file then they were gtg It is unclear if this was on all the canadian tavors or just his and unclear if they fixed it if it existed on the american tavor which has a slightly different bolt. This my question for him to ask iwi at he show if pmags were good now

Shoulderthinggoesup
01-16-13, 21:41
:::drool:::

RHINOWSO
01-17-13, 13:33
Interesting rifle...

Skudshark
01-17-13, 13:39
from a previous post had a problem with p mags on the canadian version supposedly the rounded opening snaged the bolt hold open. If he squared them up with a file then they were gtg It is unclear if this was on all the canadian tavors or just his and unclear if they fixed it if it existed on the american tavor which has a slightly different bolt. This my question for him to ask iwi at he show if pmags were good now

Crossing my fingers it's solved then, I have a lot of Pmags, and a few E-Landers, and I'd really hate to use the dremel :p

BTW TV-PressPass, whats the story on how you two-toned it? I have a black on pre-order with Copes and really like your color scheme, may go FDE with it in the same spots.