PDA

View Full Version : Notice the rise of file your tax return early commercials

warpigM-4
01-14-13, 11:47
last night I was watching TV with the wife and it seems every other commercial was about filing your taxes early I mean hell January is not even over with WTF:confused:

Seems Like folks will be getting the Shaft this year well the ones that pay taxes .it makes me wonder what is up i can't ever remember Tax season starting so early
what is your take ??

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-14-13, 13:23
I noticed that too..

There was even a radio ad for TurboTax(?) that has you snap a pic of your w-2 with your smart phone, answer a couple of questions and it files your return...

I guess people are just starting to get their W2 and if that is your only real document, they are trying to get this market. Probably see it die down in about a week.

I noticed hard liquor ads seem to spike the few days before Christmas- I guessed for last minute gift giving.

obucina
01-14-13, 13:52
my employer offers "early W2" digital access, if I didnt have to wait on a metric buttload of other tax forms to hand over to my accountant, I would be all over filing ASAP! Most of my fellow employees can really benefit from having the W2 as early as possible and filing as early as possible. As much as I loathe the Internal Revenue Service, I wouldnt wish having them on the ass of any of my fellow employees....except for that one Obama kool-aid drinker!

I view filing as akin to voting, "file early and often!"

I just dont understand how some people wait until 15 April to get their forms done!

nimdabew
01-14-13, 15:17
I just dont understand how some people wait until 15 April to get their forms done!

They usually end up owing money. I have never owed before this year, but I assume you file, get a notice from the IRS that sayd "pay or else within two weeks" and that is why they wait. I am waiting just to keep my cash in my bank account making 6% before I hand it over to the Fed.

warpigM-4
01-14-13, 15:29
My accountant has already called Me :D i said well it is easy i was unemployed Last year and then she told me to Keep up with all my receipts for this year now That I finally Got another job :eek:

She has worked some Miracles for me in the pass a good Accountant is a Must if you are filing 1099's I have had mine for over 17 years Thank God for her .

I was in Georgia the Other day at a truck stop (I drive a Flatbed truck) and this poor Young guy behind the Counter was opening his Little check and he said "Shit they took another 40 dollars a week from me !How can I live on Less than 150 dollars a week ?" they older Black gentleman working with him Said "you know we have to pay for all those Lazy ass don't want to work Folks " HAHA

Needless to say I felt really bad for him

warpigM-4
01-14-13, 15:34
They usually end up owing money. I have never owed before this year, but I assume you file, get a notice from the IRS that sayd "pay or else within two weeks" and that is why they wait. I am waiting just to keep my cash in my bank account making 6% before I hand it over to the Fed.

Oh and believe they will put a lean on you for the smallest amount they did it to me a few years back talk to them and set up a payment plan and stick to it

TAZ
01-14-13, 15:47
I have owed $$ since I can remember. Since I owe I see no reason to file early. I do it at my leisure and mail my check on Apr 10.

Not sure that you can file early this year. News report the other day stated the IRS doesn't want forms till the end of the month so they can figure out how to screw us better with any new legislation. People are just trying to sell their products or services. Same a businesses putting Christmas stuff out after Thanksgiving or Valentines stuff out right after Christmas.

rjacobs
01-14-13, 15:48
I generally owe so I wait till April 15 to submit my stuff. Doesnt mean I dont actually have it done prior to that date though. Most people I know that owe also wait until the deadline to mail it in.

Belmont31R
01-14-13, 17:51
We have to wait for 3 different employers this year plus schools.

Dumb it's so complicated for most people with simple stuff to turn in, though.

warpigM-4
01-15-13, 12:33
I owed them a bunch for a while last year they had to give me a check for about 2000 I was laughing my ass off i was on the phone with the IRS lady and she was giving me hell i got my Accountant On it and they had to pay me i don't think that was the outcome they wanted

brickboy240
01-15-13, 16:13
Yeah, those of us that usually owe (you're welcome, BTW) usually wait.

Why hand it over to the govt. early?

-brickboy240