PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Remington 700 ADL .270?

HELLSING
01-14-13, 13:02
I've been eyeing this for quite some time now (this and the Savage Axis in .270) for a scout style rifle / possible hunting rifle. Of course I know the scope isn't the best but it will suffice until I get better.

There's so many options for the 700 on their website it's insane. This is my first bolt-action I will ever own and probably my only. I don't need "THE BEST OF THE BEST", and I'm fine with that. I just want to be sure I'm not going to be severely disappointed when I could of spent a few extra bucks and been happy with another model.

nova3930
01-14-13, 14:32
I picked up one in .308 a couple years ago for a song and dance basically. It was 20 years old, looked like it had never seen the woods, and included a 2-9 Leupold and a harris bi-pod already installed. Paid <$500 out the door.

Took it out to the range to see how it shot. Set up @ 100, put 3 rounds through a spot the size of a nickel and decided I didn't need to fiddle with the scope :D

It's a fine shooting rifle and I can't imagine one in .270 is much different. The only thing I'd say is if you want a Rem 700, look around for a used one. There are a ton out there in really good shape at a decent discount over new.

The things are not what I think anybody would call a tactical bolt action, but if you want something to take game with, they're hard to beat.

Insta-Gator
01-14-13, 14:35
.270 is a great round. Never lost a deer shot with it. Mine is a Ruger, but the .270 will make you happy.

It's auto-correct via Tapatalk 2, figure it out. :D