PDA

View Full Version : Stuff White People Like

Jay Cunningham
03-02-08, 07:02
Stuff White People Like (http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/)

This is one of the funniest damn websites I've seen in a long time. For those of you already beginning to feel your righteous indignation meter peg, it's obviously written by someone with their head screwed-on straight and is basically an indictment of guilty white liberal culture.

This one will keep you laughing for hours. :D

Nathan_Bell
03-02-08, 08:03
Reading the comments makes me realize that some folk have no sense of humor.

BTW thanks for killing any chance of me getting anything productive done this morning.

skyugo
03-02-08, 09:52
:D nice...

Jay Cunningham
03-02-08, 10:45

I only realized later that the comments were the best part - the author makes fun of angry white liberals who take themselves too seriously and then angry white liberals who take themselves too seriously post in the comments that they are angry and serious!

lolz1!!!1!

Trim2L
03-02-08, 11:13

Reading this forum should have told you the same thing.

rockm4
03-02-08, 14:06
IT is quite disturbing that our young people have fallin so far down into the gutter as to think that this hip hop trash is cool. and try to change and be those they can not ever be. ( read between the lines ) where have all of the heros that we the older generation admire gone? you can thank the liberal press for cramming THEM down our throats like this gun grabbing obambanation character. who will lead this nation even further down the path of no return. we need to stand up and be the people our founding fathers meant us to be. yes we need CHANGE! back to the old standards.:(

variablebinary
03-02-08, 16:15
Stuff White People Like (http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/)

This is one of the funniest damn websites I've seen in a long time. For those of you already beginning to feel your righteous indignation meter peg, it's obviously written by someone with their head screwed-on straight and is basically an indictment of guilty white liberal culture.

This one will keep you laughing for hours. :D

My ex sent that to me last week and it really is funny shit, as much of it mocks liberals, elitists in the middle class, and college campus pseudo intellectuals

IT is quite disturbing that our young people have fallin so far down into the gutter as to think that this hip hop trash is cool. and try to change and be those they can not ever be. ( read between the lines ) where have all of the heros that we the older generation admire gone? you can thank the liberal press for cramming THEM down our throats like this gun grabbing obambanation character. who will lead this nation even further down the path of no return. we need to stand up and be the people our founding fathers meant us to be. yes we need CHANGE! back to the old standards.:(

Thanks Tipper,

I think young people have been hearing older people bitch about their music choice since...forever. And its always been a bullshit argument

Sinatra
Elvis
The Beatles
Kiss
Public Enemy

At the end of the day, it's just music. Doesn’t matter what they listen too. How about people start taking responsibility for their own damn actions. Teach that instead of bitching about Hip-hop, which is the pop music for this generation

Safetyhit
03-03-08, 13:50
I think young people have been hearing older people bitch about their music choice since...forever. And its always been a bullshit argument

Sinatra
Elvis
The Beatles
Kiss
Public Enemy

At the end of the day, it's just music. Doesn’t matter what they listen too. How about people start taking responsibility for their own damn actions. Teach that instead of bitching about Hip-hop, which is the pop music for this generation

Totally incorrect assessment, if I may. To ignore the impact of today's hard core music and subsequent culture on today's technology saturated, materialistic youths is short-sighted at best. And comparing the level of negative influence that today's low life scum glorify to that of Elvis wiggling his hips is laughable, my friend. They are not even in the same stratosphere. All hip hop is today is "I got more money than you", "I got more bitches than you", "I got a better car than you", and so on with no real redeeming message underneath. Trash no matter how you look at it. As a gun owner alone seeing the rash of public shootings, you should express your disgust that these punks recklessly wave firearms around threateningly in their videos as a norm nowadays. That garbage trickles back down on us in the form of tighter gun restrictions and bans when these idiots decide to act out what they see so much of. That and the fact that it advocates hurting people.

No, despite what you say, that shit music is very much a driving force on the dysfunction of today's impressionable youths. To deny it is to allow it to continue it's course of suffering and pain.

variablebinary
03-03-08, 14:30
Totally incorrect assessment, if I may. To ignore the impact of today's hard core music and subsequent culture on today's technology saturated, materialistic youths is short-sighted at best. And comparing the level of negative influence that today's low life scum glorify to that of Elvis wiggling his hips is laughable, my friend. They are not even in the same stratosphere. All hip hop is today is "I got more money than you", "I got more bitches than you", "I got a better car than you", and so on with no real redeeming message underneath. Trash no matter how you look at it. As a gun owner alone seeing the rash of public shootings, you should express your disgust that these punks recklessly wave firearms around threateningly in their videos as a norm nowadays. That garbage trickles back down on us in the form of tighter gun restrictions and bans when these idiots decide to act out what they see so much of. That and the fact that it advocates hurting people.

No, despite what you say, that shit music is very much a driving force on the dysfunction of today's impressionable youths. To deny it is to allow it to continue it's course of suffering and pain.

This has all been said before, and it’s always been a stupid argument which is why it never goes anywhere. And adding "But we have to protect the children" doesn’t suddenly bring about credibility. And to somehow suggest that if we prevent people from listening to hip-hop that liberals would be less inclined to propose gun bans is outright laughable.

Elvis wiggling his hips was damn scandalous at the time. As was Jim Morrison say the word "Higher" on

If people like hip hop, then let them buy it till they get bored and move on to something else. Everything is a fad.

Raise your kids right and it doesn’t matter what music says. Put the spotlight on the jacked up parents who should be teaching values and ethics.

As one comedian once said, if Hip Hop causes violence, than country music causes incest.

Safetyhit
03-03-08, 14:52
Raise your kids right and it doesn’t matter what music says. Put the spotlight on the jacked up parents who should be teaching values and ethics.

On this we can agree, but that's about it.

I think you and many others fail to see this from, let's say, a 14 year old child's point of view in the city. Yes, that is relevant, and in fact I put put the child's interests before yours anytime (assuming you are a responsible, capable adult). Everyone at school listens to it, many younger parents themselves listen to it, their friends listen to it at home or in the car, so where is the escape for the impressionable child? This fact may be inconvenient for you, but as I said earlier your interests come second to a child's. If I had to listen to that shit all day I would probably want to kill someone too, but just because I hate it so much. And please understand that I am not against all black music, as I do enjoy some Public Enemy songs as well as others like Big Daddy Kane. It is just that today's version is so hollow, so violent, so materialistic and maybe worse sounds so bad.

Spade
03-03-08, 14:54
This has all been said before, and it’s always been a stupid argument which is why it never goes anywhere. And adding "But we have to protect the children" doesn’t suddenly bring about credibility. And to somehow suggest that if we prevent people from listening to hip-hop that liberals would be less inclined to propose gun bans is outright laughable.

Elvis wiggling his hips was damn scandalous at the time. As was Jim Morrison say the word "Higher" on

If people like hip hop, then let them buy it till they get bored and move on to something else. Everything is a fad.

As one comedian once said, if Hip Hop causes violence, than country music causes incest.

got to agree with you variable. Now just for the record as a general rule I hate hip hop & rap & all the life style that goes with it. However I have & continue to listen to hardcore (& yes even at times satanic) heavy metal. I have never sacrificed my parent are anyone else. I dont wear all black. I have one tattoo & one ear ring. to blame the music for a kid being messed just doesnt seem fair to me. I had several buddies who love rap & hip hop but do not have gold teeth or joined a gang. Sure some people are sheep & will do that. The bottom line is people should always be held accoutable for that actions not the music they prefer

Safetyhit
03-03-08, 15:12
However I have & continue to listen to hardcore (& yes even at times satanic) heavy metal. I have never sacrificed my parent are anyone else. I dont wear all black.

This is a good point, no doubt. Almost everything comes down to the individual and how they handle their exposure to various things.

Problem is I could provide you with a laundry list of people from my past that were big into that music as well who are now drug addicts, in jail, flat out losers, or dead. Maybe you are one of the better, stronger fans of the music and/or lifestyle. That doesn't necessarily mean it did not take it's toll on others who were weaker or stupider. You simply can't discount the possibility.

Joe Mamma
03-03-08, 15:15
Thekatar, you're right. That is some funny f'n shit, and the comments are hilarious.

Joe Mamma

Jay Cunningham
It's amazing the direction these threads sometimes take.

Jay Cunningham
Thekatar, you're right. That is some funny f'n shit, and the comments are hilarious.

Joe Mamma

Finally, back to just appreciating the humor!!

:p

variablebinary
03-03-08, 15:24
This is a good point, no doubt. Almost everything comes down to the individual and how they handle their exposure to various things.

Problem is I could provide you with a laundry list of people from my past that were big into that music as well who are now drug addicts, in jail, flat out losers, or dead. Maybe you are one of the better, stronger fans of the music and/or lifestyle. That doesn't necessarily mean it did not take it's toll on others who were weaker or stupider. You simply can't discount the possibility.

This is the same attitude liberals have about guns. Just sayin...

Spade
03-03-08, 15:36
Sure it's possible but again in my (super kick butt) opinion, I would say these people probably had other issues than poor taste in music. I agree some people are just looking for a lifestyle & obviously music provides it. I just feel that there is way bigger problems in society than lame music & how it affects teens. Or even lame TV or games. We live in a day & age were everyone wants to blame someone or something for screwing them up. Examples: my parents beat me, kids at school picked on me. I'm poor, or whatever the case. Take a look around at how many people are on some prescribed drug. Your arm twitches, heres a drug. Your depressed, heres a drug. your losing your hair, heres a drug. Drugs for everyone & everything. But by god it's someone or somethings elses falt & that someone or something else should fix me. I guess my point is that people need to own up to their own problems & issues & fix them. Look I'm just a normal guy, not super human or anything. I figure with as screwed as my life has been. If I can hold myself accountable so should everyone else

Safetyhit
03-03-08, 16:09
It's amazing the direction these threads sometimes take.

Your right, sorry.

RAM Engineer
03-03-08, 16:39
White people like interrupting fun with "deep, serious, intellectual discussions"
;)

Jay Cunningham
03-03-08, 16:46
White people like interrupting fun with "deep, serious, intellectual discussions"
;)

+1

Awesome!

variablebinary
03-03-08, 17:01
;)

Now that's funny!

DrMark
03-03-08, 17:02
Funny site!

Reading it, though, leads me to question my cred as a White Person. :confused:

babaracus
03-03-08, 17:13
Thanks Thekatar, that site is the best one I've read in a while since The Onion (which incidentally white people love too).

I only wish I could have "been in on things since the beginning".

Redmanfms
03-03-08, 17:14
I only realized later that the comments were the best part - the author makes fun of angry white liberals who take themselves too seriously and then angry white liberals who take themselves too seriously post in the comments that they are angry and serious!

lolz1!!!1!

Unintentional comedy is always the most hilarious.

:D

usaffarmer
03-05-08, 00:53
wow, thats good times. Funny!!

Spade
03-05-08, 10:26
;)

haha how true