PDA

View Full Version : New Guy New Gun New Question

RAVNMAD
01-14-13, 23:27
Greetings, I hope this is the right way to get an answer. I just bought my first AR15/M4 Carbine from an individual. After spending several hours researching to see what I have, I'm somewhat confused. On the receiver it says M4 CARBINE, CAL 5.56MM, SER SP51XXXX, it has the Colt pony and the Colt ensignia above that--BUT, to the right of that it says COLT DEFENSE, HARTFORD, CONN., USA. Everything I've read, IF it says COLT DEFENSE--it should be an LE? model?? I'm fairly sure I overpaid for this thing---but it is really cool. Has a Colt handguard with a vertical grip, MAGPUL pistol grip and collapible butt, La Rue Tactical scope mount, and a Red Dot CompML2 4 MOA scope. It has never been fired and the 4 (30 rnd) mags were still in the plastic. So, what did I get? Whatever it is -- it is going to be my close quarter battle gun for home defense. Thanks. RAVNMAD

EmmFore
01-14-13, 23:45
I have a new M4 (LE6920CMP-B) with the same markings -- except my serial number starts as LE******.

What gives?!

Airhasz
01-15-13, 03:09
Same colts, different markings. Question has been asked time again.

Seagunner
01-15-13, 04:14
Colt changed the markings to get it off the banned list in California

lilro
01-27-13, 21:31
That is strange. I have a CA Colt, bought last year, and my markings are:

M4 CARBINE
CAL. 5.56MM
SER. SP51XXXX
COLT'S MFG. CO. LLC
HARTFORD, CONN.
U.S.A.

But rest assured OP, I've never heard of any fake Colt lowers. You have yourself a quality rifle.

Atlshaun
02-01-13, 22:01
You have a Colt

Shoot it...a lot

kcara
02-04-13, 13:11
Congratulations on the colt purchase.