PDA

View Full Version : Single Action Only SIG P226

Magic_Salad0892
01-15-13, 05:29
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/01/15/single-action-sig-p226/

I actually think that's kind of cool. It'd be even cooler if they made a SAO P228, or SAO P225.

ReaperAZ
01-15-13, 06:15
Interesting.

A SAO P225 would be pretty sweet.

NCPatrolAR
01-15-13, 07:46
Couple the SAO with the E2 grips and this might be enough for me to give the 226 another try

signal4l
01-15-13, 08:10
How does this differ from the X-5 P226? Sig has been pushing the single action guns for several years now.

DanjojoUSMC
01-15-13, 09:18
X5 is a beautiful range pistol with much more bulk than a 226.

I think the 227 is very interesting.

chrismartin
01-15-13, 09:30
My problem with the SAO Sig's is the position of the slide stop.
If you are used to 1911's and like to ride the thumb safety, you will probably hold down the slide stop on the Sigs.
Not a show stopper, by any means, but a change to your grip may be needed.

Magic_Salad0892
01-15-13, 09:51
Couple the SAO with the E2 grips and this might be enough for me to give the 226 another try

I'm kinda tempted to buy a pistol that's not a Glock for once.

okie john
01-15-13, 11:17
I shot one of their tricked-out custom shop SAO guns a few weeks ago. Very impressive. This could be a game-changer for SIG if they don't have QC problems.

Okie John

one
01-16-13, 16:05
That right there is the gun I've prayed for forever. Thanks so much for posting this!

ETA: Now if only Beretta would release a single action M9A1!

reed503
01-16-13, 16:19
Love it.. Im sure i would still end up riding the slide stop though, probably worse...

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Pappabear
01-16-13, 17:14
Sig is the only top tier handgun I don't have much experience. Kinda weird, me or none of my friends own Sigs. I have shot at the range, and liked them OK.

The new short reset triggers are pretty nice. I would like to give a 226 a run. P

Five_Point_Five_Six
01-16-13, 19:35
I wanted to be a Sig shooter, but I just never reached a suitable level of proficiency with the DA/SA trigger. A decade of striker fired trigger time is ingrained into my brain I guess. I gave myself a full year on the platform with dismal results.

Maybe I should have gave a DAK gun a try? I'll get another one someday for a range gun.

kenndapp
01-16-13, 21:44
My problem with the SAO Sig's is the position of the slide stop.
If you are used to 1911's and like to ride the thumb safety, you will probably hold down the slide stop on the Sigs.
Not a show stopper, by any means, but a change to your grip may be needed.

i am always ridding the slide stop when i rest my thumb on the thumb safety of my x5 tactical. the slide stop lever is pretty close to the thumb safety.......for me so far....its been unavoidable. other than that....sweet pistol!

anubismp
01-16-13, 23:50
I've done this too but I figure its a training issue. I hardly do it at all now. This will be interesting as its the main reason I looked hard at my X5 tactical.

kenndapp
01-17-13, 08:29
I've done this too but I figure its a training issue. I hardly do it at all now. This will be interesting as its the main reason I looked hard at my X5 tactical.

it is a training issue. there is nothing realy "wrong" with the sigs controls or placement of controls. i haven't given it much time to tell the truth. i train primarily with glock 9mm's. i bought the x5 tactical as a "luxury weapon". i pull it out when i want something a little more refined. like i said, it comes to the range rarely, but given more time with the sig, i am sure i could learn to run it more proficiently. it is a fantastic pistol. when i standardized to glocks.....the x 5 tactical is the only non-glock pistol that i couldn't bear to sell.

RHINOWSO
01-18-13, 18:33
SIG is finally coming around and offering things people have been asking, no PLEADING them to make for years. This P226 SAO is just one of them.

For example, a subcompact version of the P229 - P224.

Double stack P220 - P227

Single stack subcompact 9MM - P290

I'm not saying all of these have been well executed or without flaws, or that SIG as a company is rocking it out. But they are finally coming around for what some people are asking for... which is long overdue, as they are the flava of the month company, so whats wrong with yet another couple of options, right? ;)

My first handgun is a SIG P220 / 45, West German marked made in 1995. I still have it and love that pistol. I've owned tons of SIGs over the years, most major models but I still have that one and a matching P220/22LR suppressor host. While I wouldn't say I'll never sell them, it would take a lot for me to get to that...

Glock24/7
01-19-13, 01:11
I think I am going to give Sig another try with this one.