PDA

View Full Version : A thought about "verbage"

rootbrain
01-15-13, 09:58
Not trying to start anything, but it makes me wonder how we can convince the grabbers that semi ARs and AKs are NOT assault weapons if enthusiasts and gun forums refer to them as such.

Rootbrain

polymorpheous
01-15-13, 10:12
Wrong sub-forum.
This belongs in general discussion.

tb-av
01-15-13, 10:15
Verbiage

But yes, you are correct we as gun enthusiasts have failed to educate the general non-gun public. I believe that is another reason you see this mad rush. They know if we realize that the average person/voter/poll taker, were educated that they would likely form a different opinion. So they need to act before the truth gets out.

So as sinister as someone like Cuomo is, we still have ourselves to blame for wasting all these years not educating the public. Allowing the MSM to perpetuate inaccuracies to facilitate their gun grab.

Face it people, they are organized, even in deceit. They use lies to hoodwink their base. We use the truth to fight among ourselves. Surest recipe for loss I've ever seen.

We laugh among ourselves about terrorists believing in 72 virgins while we rebuild a hole in the ground. It's a sad state of affairs.

rootbrain
01-15-13, 10:30
Wrong sub-forum.
This belongs in general discussion.

Perhaps, but put it here because the title of the forum "Other Assault Rifles" is directly to my point.

Mods, if you would rather move this, I have no problem with it.

CCK
01-15-13, 15:15
Or you know, don't argue with 8 year-olds.

Chris

ETA: What I mean is there are no 'reasons' for our rights, so stop trying to justify them.
http://blogodidact.blogspot.com/2013/01/there-are-no-reasons-for-your-rights.html

gunrunner505
01-15-13, 16:15
Or you know, don't argue with 8 year-olds.

Chris

ETA: What I mean is there are no 'reasons' for our rights, so stop trying to justify them.
http://blogodidact.blogspot.com/2013/01/there-are-no-reasons-for-your-rights.html

This I gotta disagree with. We absolutely need to have these arguments with the 8 year olds. The reason the anti gun crowd have so much traction is because they are constantly bitching and moaning. We have dickheads like the "Reverend" Jesse Jackson running his gums constantly.

As much noise as they make, we need to make as much or more. They have not a single shred of evidence to prove fewer guns equal less crime but we can show statistics from the FBI and the UK that proves them wrong.

Instead of playing golf we shoot. Who are we hurting? Nobody. They are vilifying millions of people over the actions of one asshole. And while I am heartbroken for those kids, it's not right to blame us.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

CCK
01-15-13, 16:39
did you read the article?

it aint about evidence. its about it being a ****ing right. It aint open to discussion. I don't have to justify it and I dont have to apologize for it either.

CCK
01-15-13, 16:44
And I agree with the first poster, we need to change the forum title from "Assault Rifles" to "Regime Change Rifles"

gunrunner505
01-15-13, 16:46
did you read the article?

it aint about evidence. its about it being a ****ing right. It aint open to discussion. I don't have to justify it and I dont have to apologize for it either.

It is a right and unfortunately it is open to discussion. The 2nd amendment, your right and my right, is currently under attack. Big time. The only way to preserve it is to fight back. You fight back with facts. Because I can guarantee if we all sit back and say and do nothing, because it's a right, that shit will be gone before you can even blink.

7 RING
01-15-13, 16:48
I prefer the term "tactical rifle."

CCK
01-15-13, 16:49
It is a right and unfortunately it is open to discussion. The 2nd amendment, your right and my right, is currently under attack. Big time. The only way to preserve it is to fight back. You fight back with facts. Because I can guarantee if we all sit back and say and do nothing, because it's a right, that shit will be gone before you can even blink.

Did you read the article?

If you get into a discussion about "why does anyone NEED a 30 round mag" you lose.

rootbrain
01-15-13, 16:56
I prefer the term "tactical rifle."

I don't even like tactical from this standpoint. Tactical seems to infer "military".

Rootbrain

CCK
01-15-13, 17:02
I don't even like tactical from this standpoint. Tactical seems to infer "military".

Rootbrain

Like I said "Regime Change Rifles" has a ring to it.

This isn't an alternative to golf for me.

CCK
01-15-13, 17:04

If it can be "open to discussion" it ain't a right. Rights can't be taken from you they are yours because you exist. They can only be forfeited by you.

gunrunner505
01-15-13, 17:18
If it can be "open to discussion" it ain't a right. Rights can't be taken from you they are yours because you exist. They can only be forfeited by you.

Anyone ever hear the phrase "In silence there is consent." Unless we stand up and say no, you will not strip us of this right, who's going to stop them? Unless you say no I will not forfeit this right they will assume it's ok to take it.

I never really gave a shit about this kind of thing before but this crap really has my ass up.

rootbrain
01-15-13, 17:39
Like I said "Regime Change Rifles" has a ring to it.

This isn't an alternative to golf for me.

And Regime Change conjures up "Revolution", "Civil War" etc. That also just give "ammunition" to the Leftists.

That's what we need to prevent, IMO.

How about Armalite Sport Rifles? Multi-shot sporting rifles?

Meh....

Rootbrain

CCK
01-15-13, 17:49
And Regime Change conjures up "Revolution", "Civil War" etc. That also just give "ammunition" to the Leftists.

That's what we need to prevent, IMO.

How about Armalite Sport Rifles? Multi-shot sporting rifles?

Meh....

Rootbrain

Rootbrain,
I disagree wholeheartedly. They need to know that they risk a very uncivil-civil war if they keep pushing.

Don't be fooled into thinking they will stop at your AR or AK. They already mean to take them all.

Feinstein said on CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995, "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."

Not Assault rifles, not "sniper rifles" not high capacity handguns. EVERY ****ING GUN YOU OWN.

So stop worrying about pissing them off and own the hatred they have for you.

Stand up and tell them Molon Labe!

I aim to misbehave.

CCK
01-15-13, 17:51
Anyone ever hear the phrase "In silence there is consent." Unless we stand up and say no, you will not strip us of this right, who's going to stop them? Unless you say no I will not forfeit this right they will assume it's ok to take it.

I never really gave a shit about this kind of thing before but this crap really has my ass up.

I agree stand up and say NO! but don't argue with them don't let them think they are gaining ground don't talk about "assault rifles" or "30 round clips". Just say NO!

gunrunner505
01-15-13, 18:03
I agree stand up and say NO! but don't argue with them don't let them think they are gaining ground don't talk about "assault rifles" or "30 round clips". Just say NO!

This is exactly correct. At no point did you see me advocate reason with the gun grabbers or see where I said we need to explain why we should have AR's or 30 round mags.
You saw me say stand up to the gun grabbers, look them square in the eye and say **** you. You cannot have this right.

eodinert
01-15-13, 19:04
Sport Utility Rifle.

They love the term 'assault' rifle, just because it has 'assault' in it, and everyone knows that assault is wrong. It has no bearing on what an assault rifle is.

7.62WildBill
01-15-13, 19:52
How about "Cream-Puff Rainbow Ice Cream Rifles", non-threatening enough? And this thread is totally pointless...:stop:

Garys4598
01-15-13, 20:15
Not trying to start anything, but it makes me wonder how we can convince the grabbers that semi ARs and AKs are NOT assault weapons if enthusiasts and gun forums refer to them as such.

Rootbrain
Hell, I've always referred to my semi-auto ARs, AKs, and my Galil as a "battle rifle" and no other term.

Naturally, the word "battle" would not bring a smile to the libtards either.

rootbrain
01-15-13, 20:40
How about "Cream-Puff Rainbow Ice Cream Rifles", non-threatening enough? And this thread is totally pointless...:stop:

By using terms like assault, battle, tactical etc. You are playing their hand. That is the point if this thread.

Call it what you will WildBill. Get lost in the (testosterone) fog screaming "Molson Labe!"

You might find that somebody will. Remember Waco?

Stop playing games with this. Especially theirs.

Rootbrain

7.62WildBill
01-15-13, 21:19
The phrase is what it is. Maybe if you started this thread 20 years ago it would be relevant...so in my opinion it is pointless to worry about "verbage". Why not engage the liberals you know in unemotional, fact based discussion. Tell them that assault rifles have are responsible for less than 1% of gun crime, and that in all mass shootings since 1982 only 16 assault rifles have been used (6 AKs, 6 ARs, 2 mini-14s, and 2 M-1 carbines). Don't play around with semantics, hit them with the facts.

racezx9
01-15-13, 21:22
The only I can say to them is Yippy Ki-yay Mo%^&*Er