http://magpul.com/shot2013

-Jax

C45P312
01-15-13, 15:28
Thanks though I see nothing ground breaking

sadmin
01-15-13, 15:30
SSDSS; thank you though Jax-

How about some MOE-ish AK handguards and some PAKMAGs?

JChops
01-15-13, 15:33
I like those 20 and 25rd .308 M3 PMAGs. I think that's what Duane @ Magpul was teasing us with here last month. If someone is there, try to find out availability/timeframe on those.

Pork Chop
01-15-13, 15:37
SSDSS; thank you though Jax-

This.

Glad to see the AK grip at least, as well as the 590 furniture. I'd be all kinds of down with some PAKMAGS!

jaxman7
01-15-13, 15:51

Same here bud. I do like their new more vertical grip.

-Jax

C45P312
01-15-13, 18:25
Same here bud. I do like their new more vertical grip.

-Jax

I guess it gives us another option out there with the Umbrella Corporation one and the BCM one. All things aside, I'll probably just pick up the UC one just because they're a local company. And the UC one seems better for those that stipple

Cagemonkey
01-15-13, 18:44
I like the Moe K grip and the fixed carbine stock.

Brahmzy
01-15-13, 19:07

Huh? I see a lot of cool shit - 'specially for us 308 owners! I've been wanting a 10 round LR PMAG for a long time. Granted, it'll prolly be 2014 before we see any of this....

Thanks Jax.

C45P312
01-15-13, 19:58
Granted, it'll prolly be 2014 before we see any of this....
Ain't that the truth.

Magpul PMag M3 announced Jan 2012 and hits shelves 10 months later Nov 2012.

thompson1774
01-15-13, 20:18
This would be a good thing for a patrol rifle. Less time messing with adjusting the stock, it's already set.

bigghoss
01-15-13, 20:30

I would love to see that. And for the .308 saiga, though I guess there's not a huge demand for the .308 saiga stuff.

The AK grip is intresting, maybe down the road I'll upgrade my cheap PGs. The mossberg furniture also caught my eye but I'm not chomping at the bit for it.

Celt
01-15-13, 21:08
The MOE-K2. Will be buying one.

C45P312
01-15-13, 21:08
This would be a good thing for a patrol rifle. Less time messing with adjusting the stock, it's already set.

Well, what my PD friends do is adjust their CTR stock and lock it in before doing work.

ChaseN
01-15-13, 21:15

Or...just set the length before your shift?

When I was in the Marines I never understood the guys who were constantly fiddling with their stock length. What for? I can understand every now and then when the armor level changes. But everyday wearing more or less the same stuff?

The fixed carbine length stock only seems relevant in ban states to me...which could be all of us one day, I suppose.

Travis B
01-15-13, 22:46
The fixed carbine length stock only seems relevant in ban states to me...which could be all of us one day, I suppose.

With that attitude you could be correct.

ChaseN
01-15-13, 23:07
With that attitude you could be correct.

Oh geez. My forum post is going to directly effect the passage of legislation :rolleyes:

Bulletdog
01-16-13, 00:46
This.

Glad to see the AK grip at least, as well as the 590 furniture. I'd be all kinds of down with some PAKMAGS!

That grip feels nice. Best AK grip I've handled yet. I'm getting that and the Vltor AK tube that will let me run my SOPMODs.

Moose-Knuckle
01-16-13, 04:28
That MOE AK grip is going to be a big seller. Finally US Palm has some competition in this realm.

Swamp Yankee
01-16-13, 06:31
I am really looking forward to the fixed carbine stock since I live in a full retard state. I would love to see a variant of this could accept an A5 buffer though.

I think the K2 grip also has promise. I am currently using an Umbrella grip that I stippled, but I have always liked the feel of the MOE and MIA grips.

DoctorTran
01-16-13, 13:41
Is it bad that the only thing that I'm really excited about is the iPhone 5 cases? Yeah that's probably bad...:ph34r:

CLJ94104
01-16-13, 14:12
I'd be all kinds of down with some PAKMAGS!

This.

nml
01-16-13, 17:36
When I was in the Marines I never understood the guys who were constantly fiddling with their stock length.Haha that's what the A2 is for.

Spikele
01-16-13, 23:23
I could see them overtaking the AK mag market with a little bit of effort

Jake'sDad
01-17-13, 00:47
I like those 20 and 25rd .308 M3 PMAGs. I think that's what Duane @ Magpul was teasing us with here last month. If someone is there, try to find out availability/timeframe on those.

With everything going on, I doubt they'll have an accurate estimate, but maybe one of the guys like Grant that does business with them can get an idea.

The M3 20's definitely sound good.

Sneeker
01-17-13, 04:43
The 10rd G3 mags look interesting. For a Canadian. Wonder how far they protrude from the magwell if at all?

twistedcomrade
01-17-13, 18:20
I would be really happy to just get a few more, say 8 to 10, of those 20 rd 7.62 mags. After I get those mags I will just want something else.

308sako
01-17-13, 21:20
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x160/308sako/SHOTday3010_zpsa6b828bd.jpg

Their ride

bigheadcal
01-18-13, 00:54
http://i.imgur.com/TlmO8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CpTFF.jpg

Strelnikov
01-21-13, 06:08

Jake'sDad
01-21-13, 08:13
I can't say I'm too proud of Magpul for catering to these new laws with the fixed stock and 10 rnd magazine. I suppose they have to make a buck.

Say what?

"Fail" couldn't even begin to describe that post.

Brahmzy
01-21-13, 08:15
I can't say I'm too proud of Magpul for catering to these new laws with the fixed stock and 10 rnd magazine. I suppose they have to make a buck. I'll admit, the 25 rnd .308 mag is pretty sweet. For you guys saying the fixed stock is cool, you do realize an adjustable stock can be a fixed stock if you never adjust it.... ;)

I wonder if the new laws will regulate the level of effectiveness of the iphone cases as well. :rolleyes:

Clueless. 12yr old much?

Jake'sDad
01-21-13, 08:57

No, not "unpopular", moronic.

Strelnikov
01-21-13, 09:02
No, not "unpopular", moronic.

I went away/deleted because you didn't like it. No need to further antagonize.

RMiller
01-21-13, 09:03
The ak grip may interest me in the future.

What would really grab my attention and complete me stepping over into the dark side ( AK platform) would be a magpul AK mag.

Jake'sDad
01-21-13, 09:13
I went away/deleted because you didn't like it. No need to further antagonize.

Not antagonizing, instructing. Has nothing to do with me not "liking" anything.

Criticizing one of the largest manufacturers of collapsible stocks and 30 round magazines in the world, because they also make a fixed stock and 10 round mags for their customers that either desire or require them, was moronic.

Big A
01-21-13, 09:20
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x160/308sako/SHOTday3010_zpsa6b828bd.jpg

Their ride

http://i.imgur.com/TlmO8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CpTFF.jpg

That's the coolest one of those turds I've ever seen...

Strelnikov
01-21-13, 09:22
Not antagonizing, instructing. Has nothing to do with me not "liking" anything.

Criticizing one of the largest manufacturers of collapsible stocks and 30 round magazines in the world, because they also make a fixed stock and 10 round mags for their customers that either desire or require them, was moronic.

Something tells me you'll get over it. I was simply implying that I would have liked to have seen Magpul, as one of the largest manufacturers of collapsible stocks and 30 round magazines in the world, do a little more to fight this hysteria. Instead, releasing these products so quickly might be taken the wrong, it could be seen as the largest manufacturer beginning to concede. That's just my interpretation. Perhaps you didn't like the way I presented it. I apologize, ive been up all night. But still, I was smart enough to recognize when my opinion was not wanted and I withdrew. I don't see why you continue to insult something that is no longer there.

96 SS
01-21-13, 09:46
I am sure it has been a long time coming for those particular products and has nothing to do with the latest hysteria.

I for one am very excited to see their line continue to expand, in all directions.

SPQR476
01-21-13, 09:53
Something tells me you'll get over it. I was simply implying that I would have liked to have seen Magpul, as one of the largest manufacturers of collapsible stocks and 30 round magazines in the world, do a little more to fight this hysteria. Instead, releasing these products so quickly might be taken the wrong, it could be seen as the largest manufacturer beginning to concede. That's just my interpretation. Perhaps you didn't like the way I presented it. I apologize, ive been up all night. But still, I was smart enough to recognize when my opinion was not wanted and I withdrew. I don't see why you continue to insult something that is no longer there.

We've been working on both of those products for over a year. We actually considered delaying the release to avoid any weird perceptions of catering to the ban. We've received a lot of interest in the fixed carbine stock for SPR uses...lightweight and rigid. The 10 was intended as a hunting/ban state/shooting off your pack product. I like the little bugger. Both are products folks have been asking for since...well, a long time ago, and the current craziness certainly had nothing to do with them.

Now, if next month we announce a 7-rounder...but don't hold your breath.

Strelnikov
01-21-13, 10:13
We've been working on both of those products for over a year. We actually considered delaying the release to avoid any weird perceptions of catering to the ban. We've received a lot of interest in the fixed carbine stock for SPR uses...lightweight and rigid. The 10 was intended as a hunting/ban state/shooting off your pack product. I like the little bugger. Both are products folks have been asking for since...well, a long time ago, and the current craziness certainly had nothing to do with them.

Now, if next month we announce a 7-rounder...but don't hold your breath.

Completely understand. I didn't intend to start this off topic discussion, that's why I deleted my comment. Thanks for your response.

SPQR476
01-21-13, 10:47
With everything going on, I doubt they'll have an accurate estimate, but maybe one of the guys like Grant that does business with them can get an idea.

The M3 20's definitely sound good.

In 5.56, the M3 20's are shipping, the 10's will now be late Feb or Mar. We are targeting April, May, and June for the 3 variants of the LR/SR M3's.

As a departure from previous practice, we haven't announced anything that we are not already locked and cutting molds for, so barring any craziness, there shouldn't be a long wait.

Brahmzy
01-21-13, 11:00
In 5.56, the M3 20's are shipping, the 10's will now be late Feb or Mar. We are targeting April, May, and June for the 3 variants of the LR/SR M3's.

As a departure from previous practice, we haven't announced anything that we are not already locked and cutting molds for, so barring any craziness, there shouldn't be a long wait.

THANK YOU for the update on the M3 LR/SR mags. This is uncanny to release dates. I made sure to quote you in case you deleted your thread. :p

Loving the M3 20s & Windowed 30s BTW - my new favorite mags.
The M3 on paper looks cool. The M3 in-use is just freaking awesome. So much stiffer feeling, drops free easier, floorplate rocks. The 20, with it's full length spring has insane spring tension (in a good way.) Good stuff. Cannot wait for the new LR stuff.

buckjay
01-21-13, 15:20
THANK YOU for the update on the M3 LR/SR mags. This is uncanny to release dates. I made sure to quote you in case you deleted your thread. :p

Loving the M3 20s & Windowed 30s BTW - my new favorite mags.
The M3 on paper looks cool. The M3 in-use is just freaking awesome. So much stiffer feeling, drops free easier, floorplate rocks. The 20, with it's full length spring has insane spring tension (in a good way.) Good stuff. Cannot wait for the new LR stuff.

FWIW, last year Drake said early summer 2012 for the PMAG M3, but they didn't end up coming until the end of the year.

However, I believe they had to redesign the floor plate, which would make sense for the delay.

Noodles
01-21-13, 15:27
Can someone explain to me the Fixed Carbine vs MOE Rifle stock...

Is it just that the carbine is just shorter and slips over the carbine RE? Because aside from length of pull, aren't the rifle parts (buffer and spring) just far more desired if you absolutely must have a fixed stock? Seems like an A1 length fixed would be more ideal than a Fixed Carbine, but just my opinion I guess.

JBecker 72
01-21-13, 15:36
Can someone explain to me the Fixed Carbine vs MOE Rifle stock...

Is it just that the carbine is just shorter and slips over the carbine RE? Because aside from length of pull, aren't the rifle parts (buffer and spring) just far more desired if you absolutely must have a fixed stock? Seems like an A1 length fixed would be more ideal than a Fixed Carbine, but just my opinion I guess.

Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it looks like a MOE stock without the adjustment lever. You slip it on your receiver extension, and pin it in place where you want it. That may be all the way in, out or somewhere in between.

Seems like a good idea for ban states.

Todd.K
01-21-13, 15:38
The 10 was intended as a hunting/ban state/shooting off your pack product.

Will we see a 5 round block for the new 10 or 20 like there is for the old 20 round mags?

Noodles
01-21-13, 15:43
Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it looks like a MOE stock without the adjustment lever. You slip it on your receiver extension, and pin it in place where you want it. That may be all the way in, out or somewhere in between.

Seems like a good idea for ban states.

Ahhhh.... Ok, sort of makes sense..... Back to my original point though, if you were stuck with a fixed stock... why wouldn't you run the rifle spring and buffer? Barring expections for very short arms I guess, it seems like the more functional approach to use the A1 or A2 parts, or whatever length the MOE Rifle stock is.

Jake'sDad
01-21-13, 19:06

Thanks Duane, really looking forward to the 20 and 25 rnd M3's in 7.62. I'm going to want a couple of the 10's as well.

Will the M3's basically have the same over-insertion catch as the "Colt Spec" LR's?

Jake'sDad
01-21-13, 19:10
Ahhhh.... Ok, sort of makes sense..... Back to my original point though, if you were stuck with a fixed stock... why wouldn't you run the rifle spring and buffer? Barring expections for very short arms I guess, it seems like the more functional approach to use the A1 or A2 parts, or whatever length the MOE Rifle stock is.

In the case of my Colt 901, I'm not sure there is a rifle spring and buffer, but regardless, seems to me to be an easy way to switch between a fixed stock and collapsible without changing any other parts.

SPQR476
01-21-13, 23:36
Will the M3's basically have the same over-insertion catch as the "Colt Spec" LR's?

Due to the increase in available contact area in the .308 mag well, the LR/SR GEN M3 mags will have a very slightly pronounced top rib on the rear spine that gets us what the 5.56 M3 tab does without protruding noticeably.

KevinB
01-22-13, 11:41
25rd M3 LR mag -- yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said at SHOT, I'll be happy to shoot a bunch for validation :D

echang86
01-22-13, 12:14
Anybody know the length on the MOE Fixed Carbine stock?

SPQR476
01-22-13, 13:02
25rd M3 LR mag -- yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said at SHOT, I'll be happy to shoot a bunch for validation :D

You know it. I might know a guy that can make that happen. :-)

JBecker 72
01-22-13, 13:03
You know it. I might know a guy that can make that happen. :-)

Tell him to send some M3 30's my way. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Alaskapopo
01-22-13, 15:12

So should Magpul turn their back on those in ban states? I am glad they are doing what they can to support these folks with products they can use.
Pat

EchoHotel
01-22-13, 15:15
So should Magpul turn their back on those in ban states? I am glad they are doing what they can to support these folks with products they can use.
Pat

We should never turn our backs on any of are fellow firearms enthusiasts, not there fault there state is retarded

Jake'sDad
01-22-13, 15:15
Pat

Not to mention that there's uses for 10 rounders and fixed stocks in states where there's no restrictions.

Some folks just like their Reynolds caps.

EchoHotel
01-22-13, 15:19
I want to see magpul make a p-drum

Serial_killer
01-23-13, 13:42
I really like the QD sling point, finally an add-on QD sling point that doesn't stick 1/2" off the side of a rail BEFORE you even attach the QD. Nice for us folks that choose a rail w/o built in sling points.

The 10rnd mag is nice to see, one thing I'm NOT happy about is the changes to the 20rnd 5.56 mags, here in ohio 30 round mags are fine but I prefer the 20's, I have never even heard of a problem with them. I see no reason why they need to be curved now. Way back when they (not talking magpul, I'm talkin mr stoner, when the AR platform first came out) made the 30 round mag they curved it to make it feed as well as the 20's that were straight, why now curve the pmag 20? Seems like a step backwards to me.

First post btw.

Alaskapopo
01-23-13, 14:10
I really like the QD sling point, finally an add-on QD sling point that doesn't stick 1/2" off the side of a rail BEFORE you even attach the QD. Nice for us folks that choose a rail w/o built in sling points.

The 10rnd mag is nice to see, one thing I'm NOT happy about is the changes to the 20rnd 5.56 mags, here in ohio 30 round mags are fine but I prefer the 20's, I have never even heard of a problem with them. I see no reason why they need to be curved now. Way back when they (not talking magpul, I'm talkin mr stoner, when the AR platform first came out) made the 30 round mag they curved it to make it feed as well as the 20's that were straight, why now curve the pmag 20? Seems like a step backwards to me.

First post btw.
The 20's never had an anti tilt follower and they had more problems with failing to lock back the bolt on a lot of rifles. I am sure these new ones are better.
Pat

Brahmzy
01-23-13, 14:54
I am sure these new ones are better.
Pat

They are way better. They are basically a short M3 30. Same everything - follower, spring, feedlips, baseplate etc. I'm a fan.

91Eunozs
01-23-13, 20:46
Any word on when the gray furniture will actually be available?

Have a build for my son waiting for that to come out (to compliment the about to be complete pink furniture build for his sister!)... It'd be nice to finish the build by his birthday in April.

CTR stock, MOE grip and mid-length handguard. PMags in that color would be cool too.

Biggy
01-24-13, 01:01
The new Magpul QD rail sling mount looks like a clone of the Wilson combat 10/2 mount. Maybe the Magpul is non rotational, the Wilson is not.

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG337

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/10_2-Quick-Detach-Swivel-Attachment-Rail-Mount/productinfo/TR%2D102SM/

Swamp Yankee
01-24-13, 06:57

I would really like to know as well!

96 SS
01-24-13, 07:36
The new Magpul QD rail sling mount looks like a clone of the Wilson combat 10/2 mount. Maybe the Magpul is non rotational, the Wilson is not.

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG337

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/10_2-Quick-Detach-Swivel-Attachment-Rail-Mount/productinfo/TR%2D102SM/

From the line art image it is non rotation.

I need one of these for my new sling set up - good call.

jameseguerin@hotmail.com
01-24-13, 10:47

ditto?

SPQR476
01-24-13, 10:53
The QD RSA is indeed anti-rotation. It doesn't hard fix the placement of the QD, but allows about 30 degrees or so of rotation.

12.375" LOP for fixed carbine.

Swamp Yankee
01-24-13, 13:12
The QD RSA is indeed anti-rotation. It doesn't hard fix the placement of the QD, but allows about 30 degrees or so of rotation.

Thank you!

I am very excited for this stock. I will be purchasing one for my 14.5" Middy.

nanners83
01-24-13, 13:12

Will this stock fit on a Vltor A5 receiver extension?

Atlshaun
01-25-13, 19:26

I will definitely buy a batch of ten rounders

91Eunozs
02-03-13, 12:43
Any word on when the gray furniture will actually be available?

Have a build for my son waiting for that to come out (to compliment the about to be complete pink furniture build for his sister!)... It'd be nice to finish the build by his birthday in April.

CTR stock, MOE grip and mid-length handguard. PMags in that color would be cool too.

Bump... Feel like a pogue quoting myself but can't find any new info on this anywhere.

txleapd
02-03-13, 21:08
That RSA-QD mount is exactly what I've been looking for. It's price is more than fair too.

Brahmzy
02-03-13, 22:42
That RSA-QD mount is exactly what I've been looking for. It's price is more than fair too.

+1

I especially like the angle on it.

TacticalSledgehammer
02-04-13, 06:22
I'm happy to see the new line of magpul products. All have lots of promise. I'm really digging the AK grip. Like others have said, and myself for a few years..... Magpul needs to produce AK Pmags. I converted a hungarian AMD-65 over to a MOE stock and MOE+ grip and it felt like sex.... well almost anyways. :)

SPQR476
02-04-13, 08:37
Bump... Feel like a pogue quoting myself but can't find any new info on this anywhere.

Gray should be filtering into the line soon...it's been a little crazy, so the color expansion has been delayed a bit. Expect the STR and CTR first.

BrigandTwoFour
02-04-13, 10:02
I'm definitely in for a bunch of 10 rounder 5.56 and 7.62 mags. I'm PCSing from Montana to California in a few weeks, the timing on the release of these things couldn't have been much better.

No to mention one of the new bill introduced in Cali senate would ban 30 round mags blocked to 10 just because they look like they hold more than 10.

Auto426
02-04-13, 10:05
The new iPhone bump case is looking pretty interesting to me. I like a case that's thin since I carry my phone in my pocket, but so far I've not been satisfied with the durability of the cases I've tried so far. The bump case looks like its gonna solve that problem for me.

I'm really digging the AK grip. Like others have said, and myself for a few years..... Magpul needs to produce AK Pmags.

Quoted for truth. The AK-74 magazine market is in serious need of quality magazine option at an affordable price. Surplus mags are hard to find and expensive when you do find them and while the U.S. made options are cheap they don't hold a candle to the quality of surplus mags. Magpul could probably dominate that entire market with a 5.45 Pmag.

91Eunozs
02-04-13, 13:07
Gray should be filtering into the line soon...it's been a little crazy, so the color expansion has been delayed a bit. Expect the STR and CTR first.

Thanks! Looking forward to this build...

BigLarge
02-06-13, 09:57
Is the MS4 sling QD rotation limited?

SPQR476
02-10-13, 17:59
Yes. Almost no rotation allowed on the d-ring interface. The QD RSA is anti-rotation, too.

Plato
02-17-13, 19:44
Pink XTMs and handstop kit coming? Any word on the non-black M3s on both 30 and 20s?