PDA

View Full Version : 22lr AR-15 Uppers (List of Uppers and Mags Only)

SHIVAN
03-02-08, 15:30
I see we have a ton of threads going on about 22lr uppers, but they are very hard to sort through, and gleen information.

1) I do not want this thread to contain discussion on 22lr uppers...

2) I would like everyone's to list what uppers are available and what magazines they use.

So, let's get as complete a list started as we can, and I will update this thread with a compilation of data.

Thanks!!!

SHIVAN
03-02-08, 15:31
Manufacturer: Spike's Tactical
Barrel Twist: 1:16
Bolt: Ceiner (modified)
Mags: any designed to be used with Ceiner bolts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Manufacturer: TACSOL (Tactical Solutions)
Bolt: Proprietary
Barrel options available: 16" M4 profile, 16" bull barrel, 16" Integ. suppressed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Manufacturer: CZ Strakonice Flat Top upper, Model V-22. Upper includes bolt, Carrier & Magazine, 16" barrel, 22.5" overall. Anodized aluminum hand guard.
Barrel Twist: Not sure
Mags: CZ 10 rounders...
Barrel options available: none.

SHIVAN
03-02-08, 15:31
Reserved for information 2.

rob_s
03-02-08, 15:43
Ones I know of would include:

Manufacturer: Spike's Tactical (http://spikestactical.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=26)

I could have sworn Kurts Kustom Firearms also made an upper with a modified ceiner bolt, but can't find anything on his website now.

Griz
03-02-08, 16:55
I'd also like to see info on compatibility of the various dedicated Ceiner solutions.

For example, is the I.D. of the M1S and Spike's copies of Kuehl's modified chamber adapter the same as Kuehl's?

Which kits will trip an autosear and if they will how do they deal with bolt bounce? (This is more aimed at the new kits right around the corner like TacSol, Spike's refined Ceiner kit, LaRue?)

Don Robison
03-02-08, 17:08

Manufacturer: Spike's Tactical (http://spikestactical.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=26)

Spikes has stopped using the Ceiner bolts and started using a version of the Atchinson bolt in their latest revision. I've got a buddy waiting on his to show up so I can decide if I want one. I hate paying that kind of cash for something that may or may not be reliable.................or as reliable as a .22 conversion can be.

http://spikestactical.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=122

rob_s
03-02-08, 17:13
Thanks for the clarification.

SHIVAN
03-02-08, 18:47
I'd also like to see info on compatibility of the various dedicated Ceiner solutions.

Please start a new thread. This is not intended to be a discussion so that people need to wade through page after page of details, or clarifications, etc.

I am going to try and distill the information down to the brass tacks.

Thanks.

Griz
03-03-08, 07:32
Please start a new thread. This is not intended to be a discussion so that people need to wade through page after page of details, or clarifications, etc.

I am going to try and distill the information down to the brass tacks.

Thanks.

Sorry, I was hoping you'd be condensing the info people posted down to the essentials that you were copying into your first 3 posts so that this would be the "definitive .22lr thread". :confused:

C4IGrant
03-03-08, 08:05

I could have sworn Kurts Kustom Firearms also made an upper with a modified ceiner bolt, but can't find anything on his website now.

This is correct.

C4

C4IGrant
03-03-08, 08:10
Manufacturer: TACSOL
Barrel options available: 16" M4 profile, 16" bull barrel, 16" Integ. suppressed

C4

SHIVAN
03-03-08, 08:21
Sorry, I was hoping you'd be condensing the info people posted down to the essentials that you were copying into your first 3 posts so that this would be the "definitive .22lr thread". :confused:

I am going to, but why make it a broader discussion topic when there are at least 5 open discussion topics on 22lr systems, and how they work (or don't) currently running? ;) ;)

vinesr6
03-03-08, 08:30
Ed, TACSOL's heavy bull barrel is actually the integral/suppressed upper. The other's are the M4 style and 16" lightweight, unless they changed that recently.

Not sure about LaRue, looks like they're planning on one.

Bulldog1967
03-03-08, 08:48
Manufacturer: CZ Strakonice Flat Top upper, Model V-22. Upper includes bolt, Carrier & Magazine, 16" barrel, 22.5" overall. Anodized aluminum hand guard.
Barrel Twist: Not sure
Mags: CZ 10 rounders...haven't tested with anything else
Barrel options available: none.

http://www.kyimports.com/images/UpperColtAR-15.jpg

rob_s
03-03-08, 08:56
Bulldog, I think the old DPMS uppers take the same mags as the CZ. Do you know if that's the case?

Bulldog1967
03-03-08, 10:52
Bulldog, I think the old DPMS uppers take the same mags as the CZ. Do you know if that's the case?

Not sure sir, that would be nice to know.

ETA, I think I'll order a BDM 30-round .22 mag as see if it works.

cactustactical
03-06-08, 22:49
Nordic Components is getting ready to release a 3 piece kit, trademarked the AR22. Use this kit with your 10/22 receiver, forearm, barrel, stock and it will give the Ruger 10/22 the look and feel of an AR15. They have been tested extensively by Nordic's sponsored shooters. Should be great for practice and general plinking.

The first supply of kits are supposed to be shipping to us next week. More info in our forum.