PDA

View Full Version : My First Build

muleman1
01-16-13, 09:32
Just completed my first build and yes I guess according to this forum it's a "frankengun", but it's mine.

Assembly went better than expected and because I had picked up the holders, punches, fixtures and tools, I managed to get it together with no dings or scratches.

Under the circumstances I'm just happy to have collected all the parts before the "shtf".

Palmetto State Armory Premium Classic Lower Build Kit
DTI stripped lower
FN 16" Custom Upper Barrel Assembly (PK Firearms)
NcStar 1x40 Red Dot w/laser

Col_Crocs
01-16-13, 15:33
Nice barrel. what BCG do you have in it?

sammage
01-16-13, 16:03
Might be a good idea to add BUIS, especially with that choice in RDS.

jameseguerin@hotmail.com
01-24-13, 10:53
Have you fired it yet?

Atlshaun
01-25-13, 19:51
Hows it shoot?

Building rifles has taught me so much about these rifles.

Congrats.

Sean W.
01-25-13, 19:54
I'd drop that red dot/lasers get good iron sights.

RMiller
01-25-13, 21:01
Save for an aimpoint pro. For now I'd throw a rear Daniel Defense fixed rear sight on there.

Everything else seems solid.

Guns-up.50
01-25-13, 22:59
"Franken guns" can be just as nice and as durable/reliable as a shop assembled there is no shame for having one, in fact my go to is franken with colt parts and thats over my DD

Just completed my first build and yes I guess according to this forum it's a "frankengun", but it's mine.
I managed to get it together with no dings or scratches.

**** it scratch it all to hell thats what its for
all in all good for you

chadil1ac
01-26-13, 17:31
"Franken guns" can be just as nice and as durable/reliable as a shop assembled there is no shame for having one, in fact my go to is franken with colt parts and thats over my DD

**** it scratch it all to hell thats what its for
all in all good for you

That's because you haven't shot the DD yet. :secret: :D

Guns-up.50
01-26-13, 18:23
That's because you haven't shot the DD yet. :secret: :D

you know it chad...... and you cant deny there is no reason to put that franken colt down and pick up the DD

chadil1ac
01-26-13, 19:13
you know it chad...... and you cant deny there is no reason to put that franken colt down and pick up the DD

Well I wasn't disagreeing, just stating a fact. :p

Your Colt Frankengun is a rock solid stick. To give you credit, you've only had the DD for a month and with ammo prices the way they are I don't blame you.

And if anyone thinks I'm bashing building rifles to gain the highest quality, both of my AR's are BCM builds from the ground up (not complete uppers) and one has over 8k thru it. The other is a month old like ^^^^ his DD so it only has about 100 rounds thru it.

Hehuhates
01-26-13, 19:23
I built every AR I currently own. I'm extremely happy with the quality of my rifles. Wouldn't trade any of them for a factory build.